Table of Contents
- XO Vision XD103 Review
- XO Vision XD103 Installation
- XO Vision XD103 Manual
- XO Vision XD103 Alternatives
Car stereos can be immense fun. Not only do they provide you with the extra radio features, but they also allow you to bring your music along wherever you go. Add in the fact that their elegant and simple interface enhances the entire look and interior of your vehicle.
These stereos are very low-cost and comprise of all the essential features to turn your driving ordeal into an enjoyable ride. While there is a broad range of stereos available in the market, we bring you one of the most tried ones. Here we will explain everything it brings with it, how to install, operate, and ultimately enjoy it.
XO Vision XD103 Review
XO Vision XD103 is a tremendous gadget that truly plays a vital part in elevating the car’s audio system and possessing ample clarity and preciseness in its sound quality. It is equipped with the FM radio that can play all of your favorite music stations. Not only that, but you can also relish in playing songs on an MP3 player without a hitch. Plus, you can retain the benefit of playing your most special melodies by plugging in any of your devices such as iPad, MP3 player, and iPod with the assistance of the provided auxiliary input that compels your trips to be filled with more pleasure and relaxation.
This product is constructed with refined engineering to deliver high-quality tunes with absolute accuracy. And this is where things get interesting because you can also utilize the function of using your USB flash drives or your SD memory cards to play whatever you want. Simply insert the device into the front panel of the stereo and receive the best characteristics of this device’s amplified sound with deep bass.
It is designed to give complete freedom in everything to rock along to your chosen music as you drive off. It entails all the traits of a good and abundantly packaged car stereo and is enjoyed by many. To top it all off, it is very affordable.
- It is supplied with the maximum power of 80 watts to empower extraordinary performance with high-level sound and great precision.
- It is fitted out with half-size Din depth to give favorable impacts and efficient usage.
- There is the accessibility of four-channel audio output which is supported by electronic audio control and pre-amplified line out.
- If you’re a lover of radio, then this device is perfect for you as it comes fully prepared to offer the best stations with clear and stable audio performance.
- Additional input option
- 18 preset FM radio stations
- Dimensions – 8 x 7.4 x 2.2 inches
- Weight – 15.8 ounces
- Compatible with iPhone, Android devices
- Supports audio formats: MP3 & WMA
- Height – 4 inches, Width – 9 inches
- 12 Volt preamp voltage
- Warranty: 1 year limited
- LCD Display panel
- Removable faceplate
XO Vision XD103 Installation
Simply put, while this product is very straightforward, but the installation process can be tricky solely because it contains a plethora of wires. While the product’s instruction manual comes with a complete wiring diagram, it is suggested that you let a professional do it in case you encounter troubles.
The basic process is:
- Always follow the removal instructions that are provided with your automobile like the replacement dash kit.
- You need to ensure that a mounting bracket is in place and the device is screwed firmly, so it doesn’t fall off. Do not break it by tightening it in too much; just make sure it is intact.
- Check the manufacturer radio plug.
- Connect any other accompaniments that you might have purchased like Bluetooth, microphone, etc.
- Start wiring your harness.
So if you are someone who is switching stereos or someone who is a first time user, there are a few important things you must learn.
The most critical component of this installation hardship is a wire harness which is the only way your stereo will connect to your car. A wire harness is a device that comes with plenty of tiny multi-colored wires, but worry not, here’s a basic breakdown of them
Yellow wire feeds memory storage wire and provides constant 12V power. The red one is what triggers the stereo when the car starts. And orange is for illumination or dimmer
The black wire is the sole carrier of this aspect. It works as the ground wire.
Two grays, two white, two purple and two green wires all are dedicated to front and rear speakers and leads.
Antenna and Amplifier
The blue wire is for the antenna, blue with white stripe is for amplifier remote turn on.
XO Vision XD103 Manual
The device comes with labeled buttons; the breakdown of them is:
Power Set up
The short press on the main power button turns on the device, long press it for three seconds to turn it off.
Push power button repeatedly, and the LCD will display the following sequence: Radio, AUX-IN, USB, SD, then select your desired mode. Gently insert your SD card or any external source.
Radio set up
Go to radio mode, set the Am/FM band. Press the F1 button. Then the double arrows appear, one point left for low frequency and other points right for higher frequency. Go to the station you want then press F! and hold until the number blinks then release. Do the same for other stations you want and save them accordingly.
Tracks and music files
Once you insert any of your external sources like a USB or memory card, it will instantly read the file and start playing the music. You can browse through by pressing the buttons indicating the next and previous tracks.
When the Repeat Button is pressed, the display will show ‘RPT’, and the track that is currently selected will keep repeating until this mode is canceled by pressing the ‘RPT’ button again. Similarly is the case with random play (RDM) option.
Adjust your volume by rotating the knob. For additional functions, keep it pressed for a few seconds until it displays options like Bass, Treble, Fader, EQ.
Use this to restore to factory settings.
XO Vision XD103 Alternatives
Accompanied by all the features, this product offers it all. However, there are a few alternatives to consider
It supports up to thirty stations presets and has five bands radio storage. With its power output of 45 watts and four-channel output, it enriches your sound from your speakers and makes sure no distortions happen even at the maximum volume, and you get the full experience with no issues.
- Its lossless audio compression conserves all the details from the original source.
- Its supported formats are FLAC- MP3- WMA -WAV-APE files.
- The built-in preset equalizer entitles you to select from available EQ curves from a wide range of musical genres such as Flat, Rock, Pop, Jazz, and Classical.
- Its Bluetooth technology empowers you with thorough control of your entertainment while on the road.
- It allows overseeing all your calls for a completely hands-free experience.
- The auxiliary input permits you to connect to other audio devices like MP3 Players or smartphones so you can have it all with a wireless remote control option.
It comes supplied with Bluetooth and supports hands-free calls, so it makes it exceptionally convenient for you to receive or make calls while driving without endangering yourself. With AM and FM radio, it receives more radio channels. It is strongly recommended to seek professional help for the installation of this product.
- With its three-band storage, it offers eighteen preset channels
- Its external input access through front USB/SD/AUX input slots offer a diverse range of music playback modes.
- It gives detailed volume functionality, including equalizer options to choose from various genres of music.
- It applies to a car with a power supply of 12V.
- It further extends a power-off memory option, wireless remote control, and comes with batteries included.
With its particularly lightweight layout, this stereo has built-in Bluetooth technology giving you the complete freedom, so no distractions are happening or actions required. At the same time, you’re busy with the steering wheel.
- It supports a multitude of audio formats like MP3/WMA/WAV/FLAC so you can plug in your device and have fun.
- Multifunctional AUX audio input interface can put in MP3, GPS, mobile devices, music players, and other audio input.
- It is also compatible with USB input and can charge mobile devices.
- It is agreeable with all types of flash disks.
- No hands-on practice required as you can easily operate this gadget with remote control provided.
An entertainment-filled car ride can turn out to be a very rewarding affair while out with friends and family. XO Vision is a widely known brand in the car stereo market and is loved by many. While there is always room for improvement, this product comes packed with all the obligatory traits and is easy on the pocket. With all the alternatives presented each with their unique components, you can choose which suits you best.