Table of Contents
Console and PC gaming have evolved significantly since the first few units of either option were released. Modern day consoles and gaming computers offer a significant improvement in performance and output to these first gaming units, with models designed for impressive output with some very demanding games. Despite consoles being pound-for-pound better priced than PC gaming, more players are taking an interest in gaming computers for the value that these all-purpose gaming units provide.
If you are looking to take up gaming, you will have a big decision to make when picking your platform. Should you go for console or PC gaming? Can a gaming laptop compete with your console? Which option offers better value in the long term? We explore why PC is better than console gaming, and provide some handy tips to help you make the right pick for your gaming rig.
Is PC Gaming Better Than Console Gaming?
Gamers around the world are ditching their consoles in favor of gaming rigs, with computers offering better value for high quality experiences. Here are some of the key reasons why gaming on your console pales in comparison to gaming on your computer.
With the evolution in approach to design, some gaming PCs rival consoles in their portability. Micro gaming PCs and other compact options allow for gaming on the go without a problem. The enhanced aspect of design has also led to a large number of custom themed gaming PC cases, which allow for a personalized touch when it comes to setting up your gaming hub. You will only have a choice of two colors when it comes to your gaming console.
The customization options are as limited as the titles available for gaming consoles when compared to gaming PC. Computer games are virtually compatible within the same OS, provided that your unit meets the minimum requirements for a specific game. You can still install and play games that were developed 20 years ago on your gaming PC, which allows for a vast selection of options for gamers. Consoles, however, are more exclusive. Most games will be unique to a specific console, with titles refusing to play across multiple consoles by the same brands. This means that you will need to invest in games for your console, which can raise your overall expenditure to exceed that on your gaming PC over time.
The best gaming PC will be superior to the best consoles on the quality of output. Gaming PC will feature high end components that support some impressive output, which will not be matched by consoles. The models will tend to be upgradeable as well, which allows gamers to keep up with the best component releases for a continuously seamless gaming experience.
Does Console Gaming Have Any Benefits?
Console gaming is not all bad. In fact, it can be a great gaming avenue for some gamers. If you like to play only one title, for instance, going for an appropriate console could be a better option than option for PC gaming. So, what value does console gaming offer?
Consoles are generally more portable than gaming rigs, and feature very easy set up. Most options will be very lightweight, allowing gamers to enjoy high quality gaming in different locations. While they lack the portable convenience of laptops, they are very easy to move about and use. Consoles will not require any installation, with most options running games straight from the disks or cartridges . They can be very convenient as a result.
The latest gaming consoles offer multiple connectivity options and high quality output that increases the range of games on offer as well as facilitates a vastly improved gaming experience. Gaming with high end consoles can be just as good as gaming with powerful gaming PC.
While the value of different controllers is subjective, consoles tend to have an easier layout that allows for more engaging and enjoyable gaming. Keyboards and mice can range from fragile to unresponsive, whereas console controllers tend to be easy to use one -size-fits-all options with a myriad of customization options.
Top Tips to Help You Maximize Your Gaming Experience on PC
Are you looking to make the switch from console to PC gaming? Do you want to improve your gaming experience on PC? Here are a few tips to keep in mind
- Your GPU and CPU combination will dictate your output on most games. If your specifications are too low you may have a terrible experience with some games. You need to understand the system requirements for your most preferred games, and to pick components that are rated a bit higher.
- Gaming laptops offer portability, but they are often lacking compared to gaming rigs. If you can choose between the two, we would recommend going for a gaming PC. There are some great laptops available for gaming that should suit gamers on the go.
- You can always upgrade your gaming PC. With new component releases, gamers have access to higher output components at a low price. Strategic upgrades can help keep the costs of your gaming hub down.
- Prepare for upgrades by understanding what you will change even before you make your first buy. This will help you find the best components for upgrades, as well as reduce the costs surrounding your gaming PC
- Building your own PC is better than buying, but there are some very attractive prebuilt picks on offer. You could consider looking into the best gaming PC options for your needs to know what to expect for your budget. This will help you avoid overspending on unnecessary parts.
- Always find the best keyboard and mouse for gaming to enhance your control and convenience when playing. The right accessories will even offer additional perks such as RGB illumination that enhances a thematic gaming set up.
This article explores why PC is better than console gaming because we feel that the upgradeability, quality of output and range of options on offer puts it well above the portable and exclusive console alternative. Even with an installation process for games and a higher initial cost outlay when compared pound for pound with consoles, gaming PCs look set to continue to be the best choice for gamers.