Table of Contents
- What is an Ortholinear Keyboard?
- The Difference of an Ortholinear Keyboard
- Can Ortholinear Keyboard be Used for Gaming?
- The Picks: 10 Best Ortholinear Keyboard
- Preonic Ortholinear Keyboard Kit V3 in Compact Form
- ID75 75 Ortholinear Layout Keyboard
- ALT Key High-Profile Ortholinear Gaming Keyboard
- Ortholinear GATERON Gaming Keyboard 49 Keys
- OTYHOLINEAR Matt3o MT3 keyboard with Customized Keycap Set
- AbleNet large keys Ortholinear Computer Keyboard
- AbleNet Large Print Colorful Ortholinear Keyboard with CCT Board
- Contour Ortholinear Layout Keyboard Kit
- Vortexgear Core 40
- Astra Series Ortholinear keyboard for American English
- What to Look for When Choosing an Ortholinear Keyboard?
- Final Words
Are you tired of your old staggered keyboard? No worries! If you are looking for a keyboard that can speed up your typing, Ortholinear keyboards are best for you. If you are a beginner at some typing job, such as content writing, you can write thousands of words per day quickly with this keyboard. So, don’t waste your time with your old fruitless keyboards and go with newly designed Ortholinear keyboards.
Latest update on 2022-12-11 | Images | Affiliate links from Amazon Product Advertising API
Ortholinear keyboards have many fans because of their comfortable typing as keys are arranged close to each other, so your fingers will not touch the extra keys anymore while typing. Ortholinear keyboards have a different programming method than other modern keyboards. A person who has some passion for keyboards must try Ortholinear keyboards as they are easy to use.
In this world of technology, it is challenging to decide which product is suitable for you. You become confused about the prices, so we are here to guide you about the best keyboards for your ease.
What is an Ortholinear Keyboard?
In old times, the first invented keypad was a manual with the keys arranged in ABCD…. order, but people typed so fast on that, and the mechanical arm became intertwined. But now, in modern keyboards, keys are arranged randomly to slow down the speed.
Ortholinear keyboards have a straight outline layout. The keyboard is rectangular, and there is less space between the keys. You can also add keys of your choice to it. Most people got offended by this different layout because they had to learn again from the beginning. But an Ortholinear keyboard is easy to use. Therefore, you don’t feel any disturbance in your work while using it.
By using other keyboards, you may have some wrist problems. You may feel pain and numbness in your wrist. To avoid such diseases, you should use an Ortholinear layout. You don’t have to move your fingers more on this convenient keyboard.
The Difference of an Ortholinear Keyboard
We are here going to tell you the difference between an Ortholinear keyboard and a staggered one. First, you should know what both these terms are. Both the keyboards have different sorts of layouts.
In a staggered layout, the keys are arranged diagonally; for example, W is on quite a left side of Z. In the Ortholinear layout, the keys are arranged over each other. For example, O is exactly over L.
Ortholinear keyboards have more keys in less space; it has 64 keys, while staggered keyboards have 61 keys in an ample space. In an Ortholinear layout, you have to move your fingers forward and backward. However, in a staggered one, it is not easy to move diagonally.
Can Ortholinear Keyboard be Used for Gaming?
Ortholinear keyboards are an excellent choice if you are a game lover because it is easy to move your fingers on this layout. Keyboards affect your game. If you play games, you must know that you don’t have time to look down on the keyboard to click on the right key. From this point of view, Ortholinear is best as its keys are very close to one another.
The Picks: 10 Best Ortholinear Keyboard
Preonic Ortholinear Keyboard Kit V3 in Compact Form
This Ortholinear keyboard has several features at a low price. It’s known for its quality and layout. It comes in an aluminum case with 5 different colors of your choice. Its layout is similar to the plank, but it has an extra row of numbers. You may take some time to move your fingers quickly on this keyboard, but you would never like to work on any other keyboard once you get used to it.
- Cherry MX switches
- 59 keys on the keyboard
- ARM STM32 processor
- It includes extra color keys
- Has USB connector
- Its weight is almost 150g.
- Manufactured by Jack of OLKB
- It has a 3-year warranty.
- Easy to use
- Is reliable
- Good typing results
- no strange sound is produced while typing
- You might take time to get used to it.
- Its weight is more than other keyboards.
Everyone wants a keyboard that is easy for typing and cheap. So, the Preonic Ortholinear Keyboard is undoubtedly not going to disappoint you.
ID75 75 Ortholinear Layout Keyboard
If you want a cheap but good quality keyboard for your computer and comfortable for your hands to work on, ID75 75 KEYS ORTHOLINEAR layout keyboard is a good selection for you. This keyboard has 75 keys, and you can also customize keys of your choice. This keyboard is reliable and has several different features. It has a hot-swapping function that you can change switches and add LED lights of your choice.
- It has an Acrylic board.
- Switch changer
- Cable C type, USB connector
- It has an aluminum case.
- Switches are attached directly to the board
- Rubber screws
- High-speed key
- It has LED light under an acrylic board
- You can customize keys
- It is not bulky like other Ortholinear keyboards
- Reasonably priced
- It can change your typing style
- Produce a sound when keys are pressed
If you are looking for a low-cost keyboard, the ID75 75 Ortholinear Layout Keyboard is the best one for you. After buying this, I guarantee that you will never feel any loss.
ALT Key High-Profile Ortholinear Gaming Keyboard
This keyboard is especially for game lovers. It is a slim and small keyboard. It will help your fingers run fast on the keyboard. Drop ALT high profile is similar to real ALT, but this keyboard has an aluminum frame covering all switches. An aluminum coating is heavier than in standard keyboards. It has a hot-swapping function and customizable keys.
- You can set back and under keyboard lighting by LEDs. You can either set a single color such as blue or can use different shades of colors at a time.
- The keys are easy to use. They are soft that you need only a single touch to press them
- USB C connector
- Has 67 keys
- It has a heavy aluminum frame
- Speed range is 11 to 14 mm per hour
- You don’t need to press keycaps harder
- Beautiful look because of LED lights
- Overweight keyboard
- Alphabets printed on the keys are small
The ALT Key High-Profile Ortholinear Gaming Keyboard provides you with unique features. And while playing games with this keyboard, you will enjoy it even more.
Ortholinear GATERON Gaming Keyboard 49 Keys
Another excellent keyboard with an Ortholinear layout is QISAN. This keyboard is designed with shiny black keycaps that enhance its look. There are metal plates around, and to support the keyboard, rubbers are fitted at every corner. It has ergonomic keycaps designed for your comfort. There are 49 keyboard keys in it, and it is specially designed for games.
- There are GATERON green switches on the circuit board, which provide a black surface and white top.
- Its weight is around 390 grams.
- You can operate and adjust keys as you like.
- It has fewer keys than other keyboards, but you can find the keys in this mini keyboard by pressing keys with the combination.
- The color of the kit is ice blue.
- Connections are wired.
- Adjustable lighting
- Easy on hands
- Has 1-year warranty
- It doesn’t have all the keys as in standard keyboard.
- You have to purchase a number pad as it has ABC keys only
People who are looking for mini keyboards can have this one at a low price. The Ortholinear GATERON Gaming Keyboard fits your budget and makes your work even more comfortable.
OTYHOLINEAR Matt3o MT3 keyboard with Customized Keycap Set
Matt3o MT3 is a keyboard with an innovative design and has customized keys. It has changed the way of writing with its Ortholinear layout, just like the keyboards mentioned above. This keyboard is designed somehow as old times boards with slanted shape and molded keytops.
- MT3 keytops
- Beam spring terminals
- Special keys for ALT, CTRL, SHIFT.
- MX compatible
- It has great colors, and you can have any color of your choice.
- Long-lasting shine
- Made of PBT plastic
- Dye sublimation
- Has longer lifetime
- The keys never stuck; even after years of using this, the keys will remain soft.
- It is multidimensional.
- Extra sound is created while typing.
The OTYHOLINEAR Matt3o MT3 keyboard provides you with several features; Ortholinear keyboards are designed with adjustable light and keys. Because of this, the keyboards are demanding.
AbleNet large keys Ortholinear Computer Keyboard
If you want any change with your computer accessories, you should try the AbleNet keyboard. It has larger keys than the normal-sized keyboards. It is very cheap and small.
- It has a QWERTY keyboard and 1-inch keycaps on a normal-sized keyboard
- It contains all the keys for punctuation marks
- Wired USB
- It can be used on all windows and computers
- compatible with almost all computers
- Keys are large that you can easily see what’s written on them.
- Only one key will be pressed at a time
- Because of big keys, there is no space for extra keys
- It doesn’t have numerical keys
For those whose eyesight is weak, AbleNet is a perfect option. Its bigger keys will help you to look more clearly at what’s written on the keys.
AbleNet Large Print Colorful Ortholinear Keyboard with CCT Board
AbleNet’s large print keyboard has yellow keys with black print on them. For people with a visual problem, this is the best option. No one wants to work hard and waste their time, so you should select an easy to use a keyboard for you.
- The size of the keys is 2.5 cm
- Compatible for window Vista
- Wired USB
- Made of PBT plastic
- Easy to use
- Good for vision
- It doesn’t have all the keys as in standard keyboard
What’s disgusting about keyboards is that you find difficulty finding letters on the board. However, this is not the case for AbleNet Large Print Colorful Ortholinear Keyboard – now this big-sized letter keyboard makes it easy for you.
Contour Ortholinear Layout Keyboard Kit
The contour keyboard has an Acrylic board with multicolored lights on it, so the place where this device is placed will be the most colorful part of your house. This keyboard is multifunctional, and it is ergonomic, used for gaming, and simple work as in standard keyboards.
- Has Hot Swapping functions
- It contains RGB LED lights, which have millions of colors
- You can control each key easily as they are customized.
- The keyboard plate is placed between the switch and PBRT. It has three additional plates.
- Controlling keys
- Good case quality
- Keys are soft
- contains lights for beauty
- There is no aluminum plate inside, and you have to purchase it separately.
- Lights become dim within few months.
It’s fun to work on a keyboard with multicolored lights on it. You don’t feel bored when you’re working on it. The Contour Ortholinear Layout Keyboard makes your work exciting.
Vortexgear Core 40
Another keyboard with a small size and Ortholinear layout! It has MX cherry switches with random programming codes and customized keys. It has 4 layers for programming and is made of aluminum core.
- It weighs around 1 kilogram
- Wired USB cable
- PBT adjustable keycaps.
- It has an aluminum case
- Cherry MX keycaps
- It comes with a 1-year warranty
- Has different switch options
- It doesn’t let your fingers move much
- Lacks accessories with it
- Keys produce sound
The Vortexgear Core 40 is better than standard staggered keyboards in the sense that they are small and can easily adjust anywhere.
Astra Series Ortholinear keyboard for American English
Astra Aeries has many features. It is a slim and smart keyboard perfect for lighting that has five levels. It has 2 USB ports – one is for a mouse and the other to connect USB. If you want to turn on the keyboard, you should plug in the grey USB, but connect the grey cable to use it for connecting.
- Has 2 USB ports
- Especially for Adobe
- Its weight is 2.1 lbs.
- Has 104 keys in the old version and 105 in a new one
- Separate cable for keyboard – almost 1.8 meters
- Contains scissor-switch keys
- Has lights with different levels
- It is designed to make typing easy for your hands
- Has LED lights of five different kinds
- Cheap in price
- You may take some time to get used to it
- Create an offensive sound
Suppose you want a multifunctional keyboard to play games, do your office work, or anything else. In that case, the Astra Series Ortholinear keyboard, with lots of features is perfect for you.
What to Look for When Choosing an Ortholinear Keyboard?
The keyboard is a necessity for a computer. It would be best if you bought a perfect keyboard for your computer to work efficiently. Well, it’s tough to decide when it comes to spending your money. You never want to waste your money on useless products, there are many market options, and you get confused. If you don’t like the above products, you can choose one by yourself by reading the following information about choosing the right keyboard for you.
There are some factors which you need to see before buying a keyboard:
Before buying a keyboard, you should first know whether it is compatible with your computer or not? For that, you have to check your Windows version. You also need to check the ports, whether they can support a wireless or wired keyboard.
Wireless or Wired Keyboard
Wireless keyboards are more in demand nowadays. The wireless keyboard helps you to do your work even when you are not near your system. Wired keyboards are connected to the computer.
A soft touch of keys is essential. When you press the keys, it should be pressed easily without making any sound. If you are a heavy user, you need a soft touch feature on your keyboard to avoid wrist pain.
A keyboard should have acute or contoured keycaps that mean keycaps should be curved in the middle, so it would be easy to put fingers on it and type quickly.
In old times keys of typewriters were made in ABCD order, and while typing, they used to make an annoying sound. Before purchasing a keyboard, keep in mind to check whether keys are soundproof or not.
Make sure the keyboard you are going to buy is compatible with your PC. Whether it supports that Window or system or not.
Know Your Purpose
Before purchasing a keyboard, confirm that you are buying this keyboard because there are different keyboards for different work types available in the market. Some are for game lovers, and others are for office workers and people who make heavy use of keyboards.
Staggered or Ortholinear
staggered keyboards have keys arranged in diagonal form, but in Ortholinear, keyboard keys are arranged in a straight pattern. It’s difficult to move fingers on staggered keyboards, while on the Ortholinear keyboard, you can type fast without getting tired.
The price of a keyboard depends upon its features. You should go for a multi-functioning keyboard. However, they are of high price, but you can also get a nice set at an average price. It would be best if you compared the rates of different stores because the price is different everywhere. You can also buy a keyboard online but make sure they have a return product strategy. And you can replace it if it’s not working correctly.
I hope this guide will help you select the best keyboard for you. We describe 10 keyboards here and explain the features, advantages, and disadvantages of each. If you don’t like our selected products, you can search for yourself, keeping in mind certain features a keyboard must have.
The overall best keyboard is Drop Preonic Keyboard MX Kit V3 because it is not so costly and is multifunctional. Its price attracts the customers. They are of good quality and reliable. It is best overall because it is designed beautifully and contains several features such as extra color keys, a robust aluminum case, and an Ortholinear layout, which increases the typing speed.
The Contour Ortholinear Layout Keyboard Kit is the runner-up on our list. It is full of features, and this keyboard is especially for those who love colorful keyboards. It contains rainbow color light, which can increase the beauty of your computer. This keyboard is not only beautiful from the outside but also has incredible features like MX cherry keys.
Best Value for Money
AbleNet Large Print Keyboard is the best and cheapest Ortholinear keyboard. Everyone wants something extra but in a low amount, which is, most of the time, very difficult. But the AbleNet keyboard meets your needs. You can use this keyboard for gaming as well as for office use. It gives relief to your fingers because they don’t have to move much because of the Ortholinear layout. Its keys are so big that even a person with visual problems can see the words.
If you get a keyboard with all these features at a moderate price, it’s not a bad option to get this one. It will be worth your money.
We hope this guide would help you to select the right keyboard for you. As you know, there are several keyboards available in the market, and all have different prices. So, make sure to search for a keyboard compatible with your computer and prove the best value for your money.
Leave a Reply