Table of Contents
- Why do Some Mice Have More Buttons than Others?
- What is The Use of Additional Buttons?
- Benefits of Mice with Additional Buttons
- 5 Best Mouse With The Most Buttons
- Things to Consider While Buying a Mouse with More Buttons
- Final Verdict
Necessity is the mother of invention. We have been listening to this maxim since our childhoods. However, you realize the truth behind this when you witness what is actually happening around you and how the world is growing. Technological innovations have brought the old world to its knees. With growing human demands, manufacturers have been trying to keep up with them by using new technologies to their advantage.
Latest update on 2022-12-01 | Images | Affiliate links from Amazon Product Advertising API
There was a time when a simple mouse seemed like a blessing and people were totally content with it. Now that so many new uses for mice have emerged, companies have released new and improved ones that have additional buttons. These new computer mice are a blessing for all those who spend major part of their time in front of computers.
The additional buttons in a mouse assist people in carrying out various tasks and help make things convenient for them. Moreover, a mouse with additional buttons is great for gamers; the added buttons simply optimize your experience, be it in various work activities or in gaming.
Regular mice have three buttons, including a scroll wheel; these basic mice are designed for normal users who do not have any special expectations from their mouse i.e. their users are perfectly content with the basic functions they offer.
On the other hand, the additional buttons on a mouse are known as macro buttons. These types of mice are designed in a much different way compared to the regular ones. The number of buttons can range from five to eighteen, depending upon the consumer’s.
These mice are highly responsive, much more sensitive, and are hence more reliable. Thus, some mice have more buttons than others due to the difference in their construction, the purpose for which they are used, and their performance in different tasks, just like those mice used for graphic design for instance.
Just like adding an extra worker in your company or a house-help decreases your workload, the presence of additional buttons is an advantage for people whose job relies mostly on computers and saves them from tiring out quickly during their work. It’s like an additional feature that’s meant to make your work hassle-free and let you work comfortably. The additional buttons on a mouse can be used for following purposes:
- Setting up various purposes for different keys, saving you from pressing multiple keys for a single function; this will result in needing only one button to get your desired task done.
- These buttons are also to navigate backward and forward between the web windows.
- They can also aid in scrolling down the screen.
- The buttons help alter the mouse’s sensitivity and resolution according to the situation’s demand.
- You can allocate special functions to these mice buttons within certain software by referring to the user guide.
- These additional buttons are like armors for gamers. Depending on their gaming level, they can use various buttons according to their skills and really level up their game.
Why would someone invest in a mouse with additional buttons? Is it worth it? The information we have provided above proves that a mouse with additional buttons is different from a regular optical mouse. Let’s investigate what the benefits of a mouse with additional buttons are and how it favors its users.
- A mouse with additional features optimizes your experience while working or during gaming.
- By altering your mouse settings, you have the option to allocate specific actions to different buttons for every kind of application.
- The extra buttons help you create your very own custom mouse according to various applications including CAD.
- Additional buttons make it easier to access commonly used complicated shortcuts just by syncing them with one function.
- You can save a lot of time because you would only need to press one button to carry out different tasks and computer functions, and really helpful if you have small hands.
- Mice with additional buttons are more long-lasting and durable compared to regular optical mice.
- These mice are designed while keeping your comfort and other ergonomic factors in mind. Hence, they are far more convenient.
The market is filled with a plethora of mice that have additional buttons. We have found the top five contenders and listed them below to help make your decision-making progress easier.
Logitech G502 Hero
Remaining true to its name, the Logitech G502 Hero is truly a hero amongst all mice that come with extra buttons.
- It comes up with highly developed sensors with up to 1600 DPI, providing you with the ultimate speed, accuracy, and responsiveness.
- The Lightsync technology presents you with 16.8 million colors in order to match with your team.
- It weighs 4.3 oz. and has a feature that lets you adjust the weight according to your need till 4.3 grams.
- The Metal spring tensioning system provides you with a rapid click experience.
- It is equipped with 11 customizable buttons.
- Has an onboard memory.
It has all the essential characteristics that you’d need in a mouse and is equipped with the right amount of features that provide an amazing experience for gamers and non-gamers alike.
- Higher performativity and precision
- Attractive layout with big buttons
- Comfortable design to help you work for longer periods of time
- Has eye-catching colors to tune up with
- Streamlined software with various options
- It is not adjustable for people with big palms
- Not easily portable
- It is not wireless
The Logitech G502 Hero is a product to drool over if you are not short on budget. It is a little expensive but is the ideal product to buy for both gamers and non-gamers.
Razer DeathAdder Elite
The Razer DeathAdder Elite is an elitist mouse for all types of buyers out there. Due to its attractive design, high specifications, and strong grip, it is one of the most sought after mouse.
- It has an optical sensor of 1600 DPI, which can be adjusted according to your needs; this increases the overall sensitivity and the precision of a click.
- There are seven programmable buttons which can be assigned any task due to the Razer Synapse technology.
- The presence of RGB lighting technology lets it present 16.8 million colors. These various shades are able to pair up with all types of hues, from lighter to darker shades.
- The rubberized scroll wheel and tiny tactile bumps provide a strong grip on the mouse.
- It can support up to 50 million clicks, which is really a huge amount.
- It has a weight of 4.6 oz.
- This mouse has Microsoft Windows as its operating system.
- Provides a steady grip on the mouse
- Provides a much higher speed and responsiveness
- It is designed in a way that lets it fit in every palm size
- Backed up by a warranty of two years
- The software requires a sign-in
- Since it’s wired, it cannot be carried away easily
The Razer DeathAdder Elite is one of the best mice with additional buttons available in the market. It is budget-friendly, which means that it will not cause a toll on your pocket should you choose to purchase it. It is a little heavy but if you don’t mind the weight, then you should definitely go for it.
SteelSeries Rival 3
The SteelSeries Rival 3 mouse has dominated the market for a really long time and is still one of the most popular in the market. It can grab the attention of any type of consumer with its excellent qualities.
- The TrueMove Core Optical Gaming Sensor enables the Rival 3 to replicate the exact motion of the mouse on to the screen.
- It provides three zones of Prism lighting with 16.8 million colors that can complement any shade of your experience.
- It has six programmable buttons that can be customized according to your need for any type of task.
- It is equipped with 8500 CPI, making it a highly sensitive mouse.
- It is developed from a high-end polymer, granting it a high level of durability.
- It supports 60 million clicks in order to provide you with the same crisp experience from beginning to end.
- Highly durable and long-lasting
- Provides a high speed
- Incredibly lightweight
- It is cheaper than the other mice on this list
- Gives you a firm grip during usage
- The sensor does not work properly at time
- Doesn’t consider ergonomic factors
The SteelSeries Rival 3 mouse has both pros and cons, but the pros far outweigh the cons. It isn’t comfortable to use for continuous use and the sensors might not work but if you are pro-user who wants ultra-smart clicks and subtle strokes in a cheaper price, then this one is for you.
Corsair IronClaw RGB
The Corsair IronClaw RGB mouse is ideal for people with larger hands; however, this doesn’t mean that people with small hands can’t use it.
- Corsair’s optical gaming sensors enable you to set your preferred resolution while giving you the limit of 1800 DPI.
- Omron switches provide up to 50 million clicks and make it highly durable.
- Two-zone RGB backlighting let you have a dynamic experience while pairing up with various shades and effects.
- Corsair’s iCue software drastically increases your customization options.
- It has seven programmable buttons that you can employ according to your own needs.
- Ideal for people that have larger palms and hands
- Delivers an accurate gaming performance
- Provides higher customization with in-built software
- Let’s you keep a steady grip on it
- Heavier compared to other mice on this list
- A little difficult to fit into smaller palms
The Corsair IronClaw RGB is undoubtedly one of the top-notch gaming mice available in the market. However, its heavier weight might make you opt for some other mouse; nonetheless, if its weight is not the issue and you can easily adjust your grip on it, then you should go for it.
Razer Naga Trinity
The Razer Naga Trinity mouse has come up a long way in the Razer Naga series. It is by far the best version of the Naga series and is worth buying.
- The optical senor enables you to have a sensitivity of up to 1600 DPI, providing you with precision and accuracy.
- It comes with 19 programmable buttons.
- It has three interchangeable button arrays with 2, 7, and 12 buttons; this gives you the option to adjust it according to your preferences.
- It has a weight of 11.2 oz., which is on the heavy side.
- Provides greater customization due to side panels
- Easy-to-use software
- Panels do not vibrate during usage
- Really comfortable for people with larger palms
- Expensive compared to other mice on this list
- Its weight might prove to be a hindrance
- Its height and length are not adjustable
Even though the Razer Naga Trinity mouse has the most buttons, the weight and price might lead to you looking for some other product. However, if you want the greater customization experience that its side panels offer, this is the most ideal option for you.
Before you go to the market to get yourself a mouse with additional buttons, here is a list of factors that you should keep in mind before completing your purchase:
Sensitivity is the primary factor that you should keep in mind if you’re on the lookout for a mouse with additional buttons. The higher the sensitivity range of your mouse, the better its performance rate will be. The accuracy of your mouse depends on its ability to detect any movement and hence perform better.
No product should be bought without first considering its durability. Before you buy a mouse with additional buttons, check out if it is made up of a long-lasting material or will only last for a few days. The durability factor secures your investment.
Any type of mouse you go for should be comfortable and convenient for you to use. If you are going to use your mouse for a longer period of time, then you can’t ignore this factor at all. A mouse with additional buttons is of no use if you are not comfortable while using it. We would suggest checking beforehand whether the mouse you want fits your palm comfortably or not.
Customization is another pivotal factor that you should consider before buying a mouse with additional buttons. Some people prefer a mouse that they can customize according to their needs; it is a source of happiness as well as comfort. Make sure that any product you buy can be customized any way you want.
Budget plays an important role while shopping for a mouse; it is certainly a conclusive factor and helps you decide which product you should go for. If you’re on a budget, then any mouse you’re going to purchase should be pocket-friendly and must not take out a big chunk from your budget.
All of the above-mentioned mice with additional buttons are super attractive, classy, and have high precision and accuracy. However, the top product that we would recommend is the Razer DeathAdder Elite mouse. All of its functions are up to the mark and it clearly stands out amongst all others.
From its looks to its grip, performance to sensitivity, and price to durability, it is an ideal mouse with additional buttons for any prospective buyers. Although it requires a sign-in every time you use it, that will not be a problem once you get used to it. The Razer Deathadder Elite lives up to its name and provides you with an elitist experience during usage and we are confident that you won’t regret investing in it.
There is a wide range of mice with additional buttons available in the market right now, and one can seriously get confused while trying to pick one. They vary tremendously in terms of their features, specifications, usability, durability, and performance. We have tried to help make your decision easier with the provision of the list above.
This list of mice with additional buttons contains only the most top-notch products; however, the final decision is up to you. Since only you can determine which factor is your top priority, we would recommend you to select whichever mouse fits your needs and preferences the best. We are confident that you will be happy with your purchase, no matter which of the five mice above you pick.
Leave a Reply