Table of Contents
- What Dimension to Consider as a Large 3D Printer
- The Picks: 10 Best Large 3D Printer
- What to Look for When Choosing a Large 3D Printer?
- Final Words
3D printing is a vast term that covers a host of processes and technologies. This technology is older than you and has taken the market by storm. Its initial use was prototyping but, now people use it for producing finished Products. 3D printers are equally popular among professionals and hobbyists due to their various applications. This upsurge in the application of 3D printers has led to an overwhelming increase in their production.
Latest update on 2021-05-08 | Images | Affiliate links from Amazon Product Advertising API
Small 3D printers can manage some products efficiently. As you move through the learning process, you learn that a small printer is not enough to handle your vast ideas, and you need a large 3D printer. With hundreds of large 3D printers in the market, ranging from cheap to sophisticated and inexpensive to expensive, the chore of buying one can be troublesome. But you don’t need to worry as we have got you covered with our list of 10 best large 3D printers. Read on to find the one which best suits your requirements:
What Dimension to Consider as a Large 3D Printer
3D printers having a build volume of 250 x 150 x 170 mm and above are large 3D printers. We can never deny the importance of large-sized 3D printers. Large-format 3D printers always suit your production needs.
The Picks: 10 Best Large 3D Printer
Tronxy X5SA Pro is a cubic box structure and occupies a large area. It is an upgraded version of Tronxy X5 SA, having a generous build volume of 330 x 330 x 400 mm. We rank it among the oversized 3D printers due to its enormous build. Its price and features are like Creality-10, but there is a slight difference in build volume. Tronxy X5 SA Pro is a large-format, versatile, and high-quality printer for professionals.
The build volume and core XY frame design of Tronxy X5 SA Pro are similar to its predecessor. But the improvements are also evident. There was a constant complaint about the fragile acrylic mount in the previous version. Therefore, to overcome this issue, the manufacturer placed metal components in this updated model instead of the thermoplastic parts.
The double-axis guide rail mends precision and stability. In addition to improved design, it also has remarkable features, such as an auto-leveling sensor, detachable print bed, resume printing functions, and filament run-out detection. Titan extruder is another amendment in this printer. Its 3.5-inch touchscreen has a distinct interface and stress-free to navigate.
Tronxy X5 SA Pro is a DIY kit printer, and its building requires a considerable investment of time. It comes with an instruction manual, so there is no need to worry about its assembly.
- Tronxy X5 SA Pro has an upgraded frame with only four acrylic parts. The company has used aluminum and metal in the rest of its structure.
- It is adaptable to work with PLA, PETG, ABS, PC, PVC, HIPS, and exotics.
- USB and SD card are the options available for connectivity.
- It includes a double-axis guide rail.
- Auto-leveling sensor and detachable print bed are present.
- It possesses a Titan extruder and filament run-out detection feature.
- It also includes a silent pulley and a two-way cooling fan.
- A 3.5-inch color touch screen is available.
The Tronxy X5 SA Pro 3D Printer is a fantastic choice for those who want practical and precise prints. It can handle big prints with excellent efficiency. Moreover, the boxed design adds to the worth of Tronxy X5 SA Pro.
Like Creality CR 10, Creality CR 10 V2 has also made waves in inexpensive printer sectors due to its quick and comfortable features. It is one of the coolest large DIY 3D printers and provides decent and high-quality prints. Its manufacturer has added a great value in its bed’s function, and now it offers excellent adhesion as it is an upgraded version.
This FDM printer has a decent build volume of 300 x 300 x 400 mm. Its improved frame gives it a sturdier appearance and reduces vibrations. The new Mean Well Power Supply is a welcoming addition that ensures the print bed’s quick heating. Now the motherboard is also better and self-researched. Moreover, the dual part cooling duct is also an incredible improvement.
- Creality CR 10 V2 has a firm triangular structure.
- The brand has used complete metal in building it, and it features an aluminum extrusion frame.
- It comprises an Ultra Base like build plate.
- It works with PLA, PETG, ABS, and TPU.
- It contains an upgraded motherboard, TMC2208, a super silent driver, supports it.
- It involves a filament breakage sensor.
- A resume printing feature is also available.
- It features a 24V/350W Mean Well Power Supply.
- It also embraces high-quality dual air fans.
The Creality CR 10 V2 3D Printer has much potential. It has a large print volume and delivers an impressive print quality. Some great features like a power supply, isolated motherboard, and a reliable Bowden extruder are present. It is reliable and perfect for beginners.
Creality CR 10S is an upgraded version of Creality CR 10. It is a 3D printer kit but comes in the pre-assembled form. It is one of the large-sized and budget-friendly printers which offer reliability and quality. It has many features that Creality CR 10 lacks, and one of them is the filament sensor. It is a little clunky, but it serves its purpose efficiently. This upgraded version of Creality CR 10 includes the resume print function.
Moreover, the company has improved its Z-axis to reduce the wobbling and to keep things resistant. It comes in a pre-assembled form; therefore, its setup requires little time. In short, it is a fantastic device with all the premium features in an affordable range.
- Creality CR 10S 3D Printer features an upgraded Z-axis.
- An external control board is present.
- A removable glass bed is also present.
- It includes an auto-resume printing feature.
- A filament run-out detection sensor is available.
- USB and micro SD cards are there as connectivity options.
Creality CR 10S is a fine printer offering outstanding quality. It is easy to handle and will be a superb choice for you if you are looking for something to print large objects. So, stop pondering and order one. It is highly affordable and easy to use.
No doubt Tevo Tonardo needs some upgrades. But it is still a great choice to consider. If you are looking for a larger than average and affordable 3D printer, it should be on your list of considerations.
It comes in both assembled and in kit form. If you want to learn all its ins and outs, you should prefer the kit. But if you want instant work, then the assembled form will be great for you. This printer takes heavy inspiration from Creality CR 10, but it is a bit cheaper than Creality. It has a generous build volume of 300 x 300 x 400 mm.
Tevo Tonardo 3D printer includes incredible features like Titan extruder and AC heated bed. Its unboxing and assembly are extremely easy and effortless. It also features a main-powered heated bed, which permits fast heating.
- It can work with PLA, ABS, wood, PETG, PVA, and flexible filaments.
- This printer is compatible with Windows, Linux, and Mac.
- It comes equipped with a full metal E3D Titan extruder.
- It comprises an AC heated bed.
- It also includes an updated MKS GEN L motherboard.
- It does not come bundled with any specific print preparation software.
Many people love the Tevo Tonardo 3D Printer because of its easy features. It gives a solid starting point to beginners. Besides, it is a budget printer with a decent frame and extruder but needs some upgrades. It is worth buying and can serve as an excellent low-cost substitution for Creality CR 10.
It is an enormously versatile printer that provides a large build volume, detailed printing, smooth, noiseless, and high-quality operations. It features robust construction, excellent print quality, and easy usability. It is perfect for various applications such as architecture, jewelry, art, and education. It is also the right choice for hobbyists and beginners.
This FDM printer has a decent build volume of 300 x 300 x 400 mm. Its remarkable features make it stand out among the other large printers. The automatic bed leveling feature is handy for beginners. The top-quality precision nozzle and innovative thermal cooling feature add to its worth. Moreover, the resume printing feature is present in it, like it is there in almost all the printers these days.
- It is compatible with PLA, TPU, ABS, and carbon.
- It offers an automatic assisted bed leveling feature.
- It has a top-quality and high precision nozzle.
- It has a full metal body.
- It comprises a resume printing function.
- It includes an innovative thermal cooling system.
- It also features a 3.5-inch touch screen display.
Longer LK1 is a smart choice for beginners and enthusiasts. It is super easy to use and does not require much learning process. It stands out among the large 3D printers because of its high quality and versatility. Its efficient use in many fields adds to its demand. It will be a great choice for you no matter you are a beginner or a professional.
Raise 3D Pro 2 lies in the ranking list of the best 3D printers. It prints big as well as perfect. It is exceptionally efficient in printing large structures. It owns the credit of having several better attributes as it is an upgraded version of Raise 3. It includes all the necessary components that make a printer special.
It is an enclosed chamber printer having a build volume of 305 x 305 x 300 mm. It has a stable status for being a reliable slogger and a reasonably-priced option. Moreover, its dual-extrusion capabilities provide enhanced filament grip. It is extremely fast, providing 50 percent extra speed.
- It comes with wireless compatibility.
- It is compatible with various filaments such as PLA, HIPS, ABS, PVA, PP, PETG, and ASA. It also supports carbon and glass fiber infused, wood fill, and metal fill.
- It features a remote user interface.
- It comprises a swappable metal bed. A silicon heating pad is also present under the main build plate.
- HEPA filter enables this machine to work in areas with small ventilation.
- It includes an in-built camera.
- The available connectivity options are Wi-Fi, USB, and LAN.
Raise 3D Pro 2 is an excellent printer with remarkable features. If you find its features and specifications compatible with your work and requirements, go for it without any further delay. It is expensive, but you will not regret your decision. But, if you are looking for something as a beginner, then it is not for you.
Lulzbot Taz Pro is one of the favorite choices of 3D printing enthusiasts. It is a desktop type industrial 3D printer that offers large, multi-material, high-quality, and soluble support printing. It is a bit expensive but swift and versatile.
An FDM printer has an adequate build size of 280 x 280 x 285 mm. it is a dual extruder printer. However, if you don’t want to upgrade to a dual extruder, a separate dual extrusion tool is also present.
- It comprises a stripping detection system and an updated filament run-out detection feature.
- It uses an E3D’s versatile Titan Aero extruder.
- It has automatic offset standardization, self-leveling, and nozzle cleaning features
- It includes dual active-lifting hot ends.
- Lulzbot has introduced a new backlash compensation.
Lalzbot Taz Pro 3D printer is a fantastic mid-level device. This printer is perfect for those who are looking for a giant build volume as well as reliability. It is costly, but good things often cost high. It is convenient to handle and certainly pays off to 3D printing enthusiasts who want to upgrade their first printer.
Fulsun QQ-S Delta is a delta 3D printer with unique features and a significant build volume. Delta printers are famous for relatively fast printing. They are not as common as Cartesian printers. Fulsun QQ-S comes in a 90% pre-assembled form and requires only 20 minutes to build.
It has high-quality metal in its structure, which results in high stability and hence greater precision. Its printing speed is 60% higher as compared to other printers due to a three-axis linkage.
- USB, SD card, and Wi-Fi are available as connectivity options.
- A 3.2-inches touch screen is present.
- Wi-Fi module is an addition.
- A lattice glass print bed and a Titan extruder are present.
- It contains a 32-bit motherboard and a MOS module.
- It comes with pre-installed models.
- It also includes the auto-leveling feature.
Fulsun QQ-S 3D printer is a large 3D printer that owns some fantastic features and a high reputation. You will find it extremely fast and precise. It is a perfect choice for those who are looking for a low-cost printer for their big projects.
Maker bot replicator+ 3D printer is one of the advanced and expensive large 3D printers. This machine has an overall positive response from the users. Many consumers referred to this printer as a new industry standard for professionals and beginners.
It is a closed system printer with a dual extruder. It is super convenient to use. You just need to plug the switch in and load the PLA spool to start printing with it.
- It is compatible with ABS and PLA.
- This device optimizes its own PLA print material.
- It comprises dual extruders.
- It comes with Maker Ware software.
Maker Bot replicator+ 3D printerMy product is a decent choice for home use as it is modest and easy to use. It retains some useful features and is one of the market leaders that suits your desires well. It faces some reliability issues but often works fine.
Dremel Digilab 3D45 3D printer is an incredibly reliable printer with a large build size. It is an award-winning printer. The professional may find Its design highly efficient for heavy usage.
It’s easy-to-use features to it worth buying. It is not a giant 3D printer but still large enough to handle big projects. It is best for advanced and professional users.
- It is compatible with Windows and Mac OS X.
- Its heated build plate heats up to 100 °C. It makes printing possible with several filaments such as PETG, PLA, ECO-ABS, and nylon.
- It features 9-point leveling.
- It comprises a built-in HD camera.
- It includes a 4.5-inch full-color touch.
The Dremel Digilab 3D45 3D printer is highly appropriate for professionals. Its print quality is above average. Moreover, it is easy to set up and use. It is a bit expensive but has a large build area, printing size, and secure frame. Therefore, it is a worthy choice.
What to Look for When Choosing a Large 3D Printer?
Before buying a 3D printer, you need to consider some factors in addition to a large build volume. You can get a good printer suitable for your work and requirements if you keep in mind all the essential features and specs before choosing one.
The following are the most crucial things you should consider:
Large build volume is merely useless if the print quality is not satisfactory. Never compromise on the quality because, in the end, it is the quality that matters the most. You should check the quality before buying. Many tests such as #3DBenchy are available to assess the print quality of objects.
3D printers vary a lot in terms of cost. Always consider the cost to build-volume ratio. The larger the build volume, the higher the cost. But it is not always correct. Many large 3D printers are incredibly affordable. Other features, such as print quality, also matter. So, always choose a printer according to your budget and requirements.
Large-format 3D printers are basically for advanced and large projects, but printers with large build-volume are often costly. It is not always true that the largest 3D printer is the best in its features and quality. So, choose the printer’s size according to your needs and keep in mind all the other factors.
Ease of Use
Buying a large, super-efficient, and state-of-the-art printer is okay, but you won’t be able to use it properly if it has a complex system.
3D printers have become very easy to operate these days because of their increased demand. Most of them do not require you to be engineer, but some require learning and professional know-how. They are suitable for experts.
You should keep in mind your skills and requirements before selecting a 3D printer.
In this huge chaos of printers, some printers are reliable in the real sense of the word, but most of the printers are not durable. It would help if you were very careful while picking one for you because a non-reliable printer can waste your money. After all, 3D printers are a considerable investment of money. So, choose a reliable printer for you.
Our overall winner is Tronxy X5 SA Pro. It offers the largest build-area among all the best 3D printers. Its excellent features and high quality make it a victor among all the top large 3D printers.
Creality 10 V2 stands second according to our list. It is also super-efficient, provides high quality and unique features. It is no less than Tronxy X5 SA Pro, but Tronxy offers a slightly larger build volume. No doubt, Creality 10 V2 is one of the best choices.
Best Value for Money
Creality 10S offers the best value for money. It has all the fantastic features that make it worth buying, and it is also highly affordable. It ranks Grade A among the low-cost printers.
The prime problem that enthusiasts and professionals face is choosing a 3D printer that best suits their work and needs. It is like finding a needle in a haystack because the market has an overwhelming number of 3D printers ranging from cheap to expensive and large to small. Keeping in view all the factors, we have assembled the list of 10 best large 3D printers. It may help you to choose a printer according to your requirements. Happy buying!