Table of Contents
- Kenwood DDX9903S Review
- DDX9903S vs DDX9904S – The Differences
- Kenwood DDX9903S Manual
- Final Words
Driving can be an extremely pleasurable experience for some, but when you can top it off with entertainment and informative gadgets? Yes, please! Car infotainment tools have a huge market as it not only provides you with the option to enjoy your favorite music and movies but also to stay alert while driving as it displays everything around you.
There are many car play devices available but allow us to present one of the most sought after ones. Let’s dive into everything it offers.
Kenwood DDX9903S Review
This DVD receiver is among the absolute best double-DIN head units around. It has an enormous 6.95-inch smooth touch screen display, which enables you to effortlessly tap into apps from your smartphone through Android or Apple and rejoice in the various kinds of radio options.
It further allows you to bring your beloved songs for the whole travel experience. Kenwood covers this device with a two-year warranty to ensure you use this product without any worries. The touch screen is accompanied by LED backlighting and is highly responsive. You can customize the display to suit your requirements by choosing from a multitude of background wallpapers and color options.
- You can view parking guidelines on the screen, rendering parking clear and safe.
- The advanced GUI delivers a high contrast visual with colorful text and detailed display.
- Dual camera inputs for front and rear views to observe what is behind you while driving in reverse.
- It permits connecting two phones at the same time with earphones enabled, and you can simply shift between two phones with a single touch.
- It integrates the latest technology to provide high audio performance. Complete with an equalizer and crossover system with audio tuning abilities.
- Supplied with a MOSFET amplifier, the receiver delivers enhanced power with restricted distortion and zero switching noise.
- A sleek and capacitive touch panel, controls and variable key illumination
- Motorized 7 step tilt angle adjustment
- Built-in HD Radio and Bluetooth
- HDMI / MHL Connection with optional data cable
- H.264 video playback with hands-free profile
- Android rapid charge and USB interface
- 2 RCA video inputs for the rearview camera
- Audio supported formats: MP3 / WMA / AAC / WAV / FLAC/ MPEG4 / H.264 / WMV / JPEG
- FM / AM 24 stations presets
- Quick boot and set up
- Amazing sonic performance
- Smooth touch screen
- Improved firmware updates
- Easy navigation
- Short phone compatibility list
- Some system glitches
DDX9903S vs DDX9904S – The Differences
At the core, both of the models originate from the same series and hence encompass identical features. However, a few nominal details are indeed noticeable.
DDX9903S and DDX9904S both provide remarkable sound quality with a quick touch interface; nevertheless, they differ in the fact that the former comes with the HDMI feature while the latter opted to drop it. DDX9904s brings with it a secondary camera option. Another distinct characteristic is the “I won’t use this while driving” option that appears on the screen each time you start the car. So, while DDX9904S has a checkbox that makes it disappear after a few seconds, DDX9903s forces you to touch the screen every time it powers up to make the option go away manually.
These are just some minor modifications that make these two models vary a bit, but their essential functions are indistinguishable.
Kenwood DDX9903S Manual
Getting launched with this DVD receiver is relatively straightforward and quick. Installing the unit is quite easy with a mounting rack. You must remember to connect the input and output wires for each unit and connecting the speaker wires. You must ensure that the wires are connected in this order: surface, battery, and ignition. Make sure that the unit is secured firmly in place during installation.
When you power the unit on for the first time, you are directed to create and decide on some initial settings such as language, time, camera, color, display setup, and so on. You also get the option to assign a security code for protection. Follow along the list displayed, and it will guide you to further options.
To perform these, you get various options like
- Touch: Touch the screen gently to select an item on the screen.
- Touch and hold: touch the screen but keep your finger in place until the display transitions or a message is shown.
- Flick: slide your finger instantly to the left or right on the screen to change the page.
- Swipe: slide your finger up and down the screen for scrolling.
You can also connect USB devices using the data cable.
The device lets you connect Android phones and iPhones through a wired or wireless connection. You can either use the Bluetooth option or take aid from the data cables. You can then wield the playback choices to use your phone to play your choice of tunes or watch anything.
Do not expose the monitor to direct sunlight to use the touch screen with any pens or sharp tips; only use your fingers. When the temperature is extremely cold or hot, chemical changes can occur, causing some malfunctions. So, if you park your car in any extreme temperatures for a long time, let the temperature come back to normal before turning your unit on and operating it.
While Kenwood DDX9903 is a full package that offers all traits of a good car infotainment gadget, here are a few alternatives for consideration.
Alternative 1: Podofo Double Din Car Stereo
With its 7″ touch display and full digital capacitance, it makes any operation manageable along with a well-designed user interface. The bright, touch-sensitive, HD screen makes it addicting to watch 1080P videos. Its multifunctional auto radio supports Bluetooth for hands-free contact and music playing. With Wi-Fi connected, Google Maps and other famous maps can be utilized flawlessly, and you can go anywhere you wish and never have to worry about getting lost
- A built-in FM with eighteen preset stations and mirror link for Android 4.0-8.0 and iPhone 7 below. Quick WI-FI connection to download and enjoy all kinds of apps.
- It further supports car logo changing, steering wheel control, and much more like the GPS navigation system with audio
- A built-in GPS receiver to enable offline navigation.
- Its rearview camera is with a 170°wide view lens, waterproof, and infrared night vision abilities.
- It will shift into the parking mode automatically while reversing, assuring you a safe driving experience.
- It also promises two years factory warranty and free of cost replacement for any impaired items.
Alternative 2: Binize Android 9.1 Two Din Car Stereo Radio
Complete with Quad-Core, 2GB RAM, and 16GB flash memory, this device ensures steady performance and quicker response rate. Its high quality massive 7-inch touch screen with its high-resolution promises a larger and clearer visual that will give you incredible graphic experience. It has a built-in Wi-Fi module, navigation system, and easy to connect hot spot abilities, you can rejoice and browse the internet, and also download apps you love from the pre-installed Play Store.
- It comprises of Bluetooth function
- It supports the hands-free system, phone book, calling records, audio streaming
- A built-in microphone, making your calls clear and providing a stable connection.
- The FM Radio tuner supports phone link function, USB function
- It approves a number of audio and video formats.
- It comes with rearview camera input, steering wheel control, brightness adjustment, car logo setting, equalizer
- It offers a collection of wallpapers to choose from.
- It is fit for all two DIN cars.
Alternative 3: Pioneer MVH-300EX Double Din Digital Multimedia
This brilliant and easy to operate digital multimedia receiver will bring extra excitement to your vehicle. The impressive sound quality will have you dancing along to your favorite songs, no matter where you are. With an ingrained Bluetooth, USB and additional capabilities, your music and apps will always be at your fingertips. It brings with a touchscreen display of 7 inches with a varying color definition.
- Bluetooth for hands-free calls and streaming audio.
- It can easily fit any double DIN dashboards.
- It also allows video replay from an outer source or your personal USB flash drive
- It contains high pass and low pass filters, time adjustment and thirteen band equalizer.
- It provides further expandability with rearmost USB input
- A back view camera to enhance vision
- Output options such as video and six-channel preamplifier.
- It is agreeable with most factory produced steering wheels that contain audio control buttons, but an adapter is required.
- It employs a MOSFET amp circuit that comes built-in for maximum sound effects
- It comes with a remote control system.
To make driving an easier and more relaxed experience, committing to an infotainment device can not only be a delightful happening, but it can lend you massive help while navigating the tricky roads and parking. We have detailed for you the best options, each with their very own unique features so you can pick which suits you best.
Leave a Reply