Table of Contents
In this era, you will find thousands of different gadgets to help make your life easy, and provide you with fun. It will not be wrong to say that the world has been over taken by these several gadgets. I’m sure you must also possess different gadgets according to your needs and wishes; one of them is a drone.
Latest update on 2022-11-19 | Images | Affiliate links from Amazon Product Advertising API
Many manufacturer companies provide beneficial drones, but the Ryze Tello RC Drone powered by DJI has its own place in the market, and to control that you need an exceptional remote controller. If you have a Ryze Tello, and you are in search of the best remote controller, you are at the right place to get the answer.
Out of the many remote controllers available in the market, the best joystick to control your DJI Ryze Tello Drone with is the Game Sir T1D. It has made a solid place for itself in the market. The remote controller has been loved and appreciated by the end users due to its great features and capabilities. It has been specifically designed to control the Tello RC Drone.
You will be glad to find that this remote controller is suitable for both Android and iPhone (iOS). The controller can change your cell phone into an unmanned aerial vehicle controller.
The GameSir T1D provides you with excellent flying characteristics, and precise control of the Tello that make your flying experience really fun. This article contains all the in-depth knowledge that will help you choose this remote controller over others.
GameSir T1D Review: Features
GameSir T1D is very precise and flexible due to its ergonomic design. You will find your Ryze Tello to be super responsive to the GameSir T1D. It is capable of converting your cell phone into an unmanned aerial vehicle controller with touch feeling, convenient operation, light, luxurious, and flowing experience. You can instantly enjoy flying without waiting by connecting the control handle at high speed via GameSir Connection Mode (GCM).
This does not require pairing or calibration. Simply connect your smartphone on top of the GameSir T1D in order to gain control of your Tello drone immediately. Because of the flexibility and ease of use that this controller provides, you can even operate your drone without any disturbances.
The Tello GameSir T1D provides you with a comfortable way of operating the drone with joysticks, and other responsive and smooth controls. In this way, you will surely experience a great flying experience. You can combine it with FPV glasses for telephone. The body of the controller is made up of luxurious imitation leather that offers a tight grip in the hand, and provides a superior sense of control while flying. As it contains 2 high precision 3D rockers, you can easily orient the remote controller to any place without dead angles, and perform any difficult operations.
One great advantage of the GameSir T1D is that it supports both iPhone and Android operating systems – iOS 7.0+ and Android 4.0+. It also supports Bluetooth of BLE 4.0 version. The remote controller works effectively within a range of 70 meters; but do take note that it will not work with any cell phone games or gaming consoles – specifically designed for DJI Ryze Tello. It runs on a 600 mAh battery and features a sleep mode that helps you save battery life and power. The controller automatically switches to sleep mode after 5 minutes of inactivity, and turns on itself once you start using it again.
GameSir T1D comes in a complete package, including a Bluetooth controller and a user manual for guidance. Weight of the product is around 1.05 pounds, which makes it very easy to carry around. It works efficiently in 0 – 40 °C temperature, and 20 – 80 % humidity. The remote controller features a micro USB port for charging. It is backed up by a 30-days return warranty, and if you face any product-related issues, you can replace it within a year.
Gamesir T1D Controller: Things to Know About
GameSir T1D is a remote controller specifically designed for DJI Ryze Tello. The attaching procedure is very simple: connect your smartphone on top of it to get the complete control of your drone.
The two flexible and precise joysticks make your drone perform right movements without any hindrances. With its exceptional distance range, it provides a clear and great overview, and in order to enhance it, it is recommended to use FPV glasses. Unlike other drones, while using this remote controller, you do not have to wait for the images. As soon as you connect it, you can start using it.
One important thing you should keep in mind is that the GameSir T1D cannot connect directly to any of your devices via Bluetooth. You have to install the Tello App for this purpose. After installing the app on your smartphone, turn Bluetooth on, and the app will then connect to any device.
Gamesir T1D Pairing with Android and iOS Devices
As mentioned above, the Tello app will do the work of connecting to any iOS or Android device. You can download the app from either iTunes (for iOS), or Play Store (for Android). To pair it with any device, follow the instructions below:
Pairing with iOS Devices
- Install Tello app from iTunes, and if it is already installed on your iOS device, make sure you have the updated or latest version. In order to update to the current version, follow these steps:
Tello settings > Advanced settings > Firmware version > Update
- Turn on the Bluetooth.
- Turn on the gamepad of the controller, simultaneously press Y key and power button on your GameSir for about 2 seconds. The indicator will start flashing once it is on.
- GameSir will appear within your Bluetooth controller setting of the Tello app.
- Connect your device by clicking the GameSir-Games.
- If it has been connected properly, the indictor will start flashing brightly.
- In case the connection gets failed during the procedure, turn off the gamepad, and start again.
Pairing with Android Devices
- Install Tello application from Play Store, and if it is already installed on your Android device, make sure you have the updated or latest version. To update to current version, follow these steps:
Tello > Setting > Advanced settings > Firmware version > Update
- Turn on the Bluetooth.
- Press either key A or B along with power button of gamepad for about 2 seconds to turn on the gamepad.
- Now, within Bluetooth controller setting of the Tello App, you will see a category named ‘GameSir-Model Name GCM’.
- Connect to your device by clicking on ‘GameSir-Games’.
- The indicator lights up brightly, showing that your device has been connected, and is ready to be used.
- Just in case this does not work, or if you experience connectivity issues, repeat the steps after turning off the gamepad.
GameSir T1D Controller Manual
GameSir T1D comes in a complete package, including a user manual that helps in understanding and using the controller the properly. You can also download this manual directly from the company’s website.
- The sleek and leather made design of the remote controller allows a tight grip, so that you do not face any interruptions during the use of the drone.
- It can connect to both Android and iOS devices just by downloading an application.
- With its 70 meters range, you are free to take it with yourself while travelling, but keep in mind the temperature and humidity ranges.
- The two flexible and precise 3D rockers offer easy orientation of the remote controller, so that you can use it without facing any dead angles.
- Sleep mode feature saves up the power and battery life of the GameSir T1D by automatically switching off after 5 minutes of inactivity.
- Do not worry if you are on a tight budget: it is available at a reasonable price.
- GameSir T1D remote controller does not work with any gaming consoles or mobile game applications.
- You have to install a Tello application on your smartphone, but we cannot exactly include that in the cons section because you can easily download it from Play Store or iTunes. However, if someone does not have access to the internet, this can be a drawback for them.
- You cannot use it beyond the specific temperature and humidity range.
If you are still looking for something different, there are some other good options available on the market.
Like the GameSir T1D, there is another remote controller that can work with your Tello drone: the TOMAT S1D. In order to use it, you have to install the Tello application on your device, then use the user manual, and follow the instructions provided by the manufacturer to connect it with your mobile phone or other device. However, if you are not using it with the Tello drone, you do not need to download this app. It works with a Bluetooth 4.0 connection, and supports both type of devices (4 to 6-inch screen Apple or Android device).
Connect it with your smartphone by placing it on top of it. Enjoy your drone fly with the flexible design of the TOMAT S1D that can easily manage even within blind spots. This wireless controller has no delays, which means you can enjoy real control effect experience. The shape and weight have been finely tuned to allow you to dominate your opponents with ease. After a 2.5-hours complete charge, the controller joystick lasts for around 15 hours – providing you with the freedom to carry it with yourself. But do take note that it is not a remote controller like the GameSir T1D because it can’t match the distance capability.
After reading the name of the controller, you might think that it is for games. Yes, you are right, but you can also use it to control your drone. This controller directly connects with your smart devices’ charging ports. You do not need to install any type of application onto your smartphone, and you do not even need to pair it. This controller in not an option if you are an Android user, as it is compatible with only Apple devices including the iPhone 6/ 6 Plus, iPhone 6s/6s Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone X/XS/XS Max.
Gamevice Controller features classic hardware controls including A, B, X, Y Buttons, Dual Analog Joysticks (provide comfortable way of operating), Menu buttons, L1, R1 bumpers, L2, R2 triggers, and D-Pad. Apart from playing games with this controller, you can smartly use it to gain complete control of your drone.
Like the Gamevice controller, the Megadream controller is specifically designed for games, but you can customize it using the customer support help to turn it into a remote controller for your drone. The different modes allow you to connect to both Apple and Android devices. Follow the instructions given in the user manual to connect it properly with the device. Use the USB port and cable to connect your smart phone with this controller.
The joysticks help you to get the complete control of your drone. It supports several different Apple and Android devices. The Bluetooth connectivity option helps you connect it with the drone via smartphone. If you are a gamer and want a controller that can be both your game’s and drone’s remote controller, this is a good option for you.
The GameSir T1D offers very smooth and responsive features, and all these make it the best option. As it has been specifically designed for the DJI Ryze Tello, you will not find any other compatible remoter controller for your drone. The high ratings of the product indicate that it has received great support from the users.
Due to excellent features, we can confidently say that the GameSir T1D has a solid place in the market. The product is not only efficient to manoeuvre your drone, but also to control it. We suggest that you give this remote control a try, and we are confident that you will not regret your decision.
Leave a Reply