Table of Contents
- What is a Dual Extruder 3D Printer?
- Top 10 Dual Extruder 3D Printers
- What to Look for When Choosing a Dual Extruder 3D Printer?
- Final Words
If you are a 3D enthusiast, you would know how important it is to own a good 3D printer. Without one, it is impossible to give life to your creativity in 3D. Now, there are many kinds of 3D printers that you will come across. A 3D printer has a lot of categories, and each category caters to different needs. One such category is Dual Extruder 3D printers. These printers have become quite popular lately. To know more, keep reading!
Latest update on 2022-11-23 | Images | Affiliate links from Amazon Product Advertising API
What is a Dual Extruder 3D Printer?
Dual extruder 3D printers are 3D machines that combine top-class colors and material to create superior quality prints with jaw-dropping aesthetics. It won’t be an overstatement to call dual extruder 3D printers the best and versatile inventions to create high-quality prints. These 3D printers are enough to drive any 3D printer enthusiast crazy.
A dual extruder 3D printer has two nozzles as opposed to a standard FDM 3D printer. With a dual extruder 3D printer, you are free to work with more than one type of 3D filament and can easily create colorful parts of your 3D objects without any limitations. The dual extruder 3D printers come with soluble supports. These supports are mostly PVA and HIPS, which improve support printing.
If you want to update your 3D printing skills and create high-quality 3D objects with multi-color filaments, look no further. A dual extruder 3D printer is all you need!
Top 10 Dual Extruder 3D Printers
Below is a list of our top ten dual extruder 3D printers:
Geeetech A10M dual extruder 3D printer is a printer for people on a limited budget. But this isn’t like any other lower-priced 3D printer. The Geeetech A10M can be loaded with two colors of filaments at a time, but both the colored filaments come out through a single nozzle during the printing process. The results are exotic. With Geeetech A10M, you have the choice to enjoy beautiful prints and create extravagant models.
This printer has a total of four printing modes. These modes are called Dual color, Single color, Mic color, and Gradient color. With these color modes, you can enjoy creating a variety of print designs. For a low-cost dual extruder 3D printer, Geeetech A10M offers many features for both professionals and non-professionals print lovers.
- Build volume 220x220x260mm
- Printing accuracy of 0.1mm
- Aluminum frame
- Print Temperature max 250 degrees Celsius
- Two nozzles
- 0.4mm nozzle diameter
- Comes with a filament detector
- Capacity to resume after a break
- Geeetech A10M is an inexpensive dual extruder 3D printer that produces beautiful results
- It has a break-resuming capacity, which means with a power cut, the printer resumes on its own. This saves time and material wastage.
- This printer comes assembled, so you do not have to put an effort to put it together.
- Geeetech A10M is great for printing big objects.
- It is very easy to use.
- There is no online assistance available for this model.
- This printer has a lot of wires, which are hard to assemble.
For people looking for a budget-friendly dual extruder 3D printer, Geeetech A10M is an option that they must consider. It has all the qualities of an expensive 3D printer. From its design to its printing speed Geeetech A10M is a printer that can meet all your printing needs.
FlashForge Creator Pro
FlashForge Creator Pro is a dual extruder 3D printer and has a sleek and beautiful structure. This brilliant piece of technology comes with an extruder setup, a chamber enclosure, and a metal frame. This 3D printer is suitable for printing 3D objects using two different kinds of filaments. Two spool holders and two filaments, selected by the company, are also a part of the package.
The Creator Pro is far better than all its predecessors. This 3D printer has a metal support and frame. The frame forms an excellent heat-resistant printer body. The z-axis of this printer has been upgraded with an element of rigidity. This element contributes to a steady movement of the printer. The print bed is made from thick aluminum, ensuring that the print is completely flat during the printing process.
- Build volume of 8.9×5.8×5.9 inches
- Metal Frame
- Aluminum bed with a thickness of 6.3mm
- 10mm thick rod
- Filament capable of PLA and ABS
- Enclosed chamber to protect prints
- It has an LED panel
- Can be connected with a laptop through a USB port
- FlashForge Creator Pro is a well-built dual extruder 3D printer that offers excellent print results.
- This is an inexpensive printer.
- This printer is compatible with all kinds of filaments.
- The sturdy structure and thick print surface enable an easy printing process.
- The LED panel provides the user interface.
- This printer makes noise
- It has a low printing speed
After taking its features, pros, and cons into consideration, we can conclude that the FlashForge Creator Pro is an extremely user-friendly dual extruder 3D printer. It has a well-designed structure and design that support big 3D prints. The chamber enclosure is a very clever feature and is quite useful for high-temperature prints.
Raise is a Chinese company. This company produces top-quality 3D printers. Raise 3D PRo2 is a great dual extruder 3D printer, and we have reasons to prove that. Pro2 has an impressive design and style.
The Pro2 is famous for its reliability and the variety of filaments you can print. Other than the standard PLA and ABS filaments, the Pro2 can print on Nylon, ASA, Metal, polycarbonate, and carbon fiber filaments.
The Raise3D Pro2 has an impressive build volume of 305 x 305 x 300 mm. This volume makes this 3D printer a great machine for industrial purposes. Pro2 is very accurate when it comes to print results. A 7-inch touchscreen helps in operations and accuracy.
- Dual extruder that is compatible with a wide variety of filaments
- Max printing temperature of 300 degrees Celsius
- Build volume of 305 x 305 x 300mm
- The layer height of 0. 01Mm
- Comes with a filament sensor
- 7 inches touchscreen display
- Comes with a motion control board
- Comes with a spool of PLA filaments
- Raise3D Pro is an excellent dual extruder 3D printer that offers a great printing speed.
- This printer is very affordable
- It is compatible with a range of different filaments
- The build volume of this 3D printer is very impressive, making it perfect for industrial usage.
- A 7-inch touchscreen helps with the accuracy and performance of the prints
- Its impressive design and structure make Pro2 a great choice for a sturdy printing experience.
- The PLA filament that comes with the machine is of low-quality.
- The dual nozzles have an element of inertia that can have a slight effect on your printing speed.
Raise3D Pro2 is a wonderful dual extruder 3D printer that produces good-quality print results. The good thing is that it isn’t very expensive. Its impressive design and structure will blow your mind away.
BIBO 3D Printer
The BIBO dual extruder 3D printer is another popular 3D printer. It has all the good qualities of a 3D printer with an extra feature. It can function as a laser engraver as well. An engraver’s job is that it can permanently engrave your designs on hard surfaces such as woods. It can also come in handy to cut felt material and your 3D prints. You have the choice to purchase the BIBO 3D printer, with or without the engraver.
BIBO 3D printer is a top-quality dual extruder printer that has a height of 0.05mm. It also has a 6mm aluminum bed that contributes towards high-precision printing results. This printer has an enclosure chamber, which ensures better temperature control during the printing process. BIBO 3D comes with a colored touch screen for friendly operations.
- Build volume 214x180x160mm
- Height 0.05mm
- Aluminum bed of 6 mm thickness
- Maximum Nozzle Temperature: 270°C
- It comes with a colored touch screen
- It has a filament detector
- Network features to control prints through phone
- Copy printing can print two similar objects at a time
- BIBO 3D printer has an excellent print structure that works with all kinds of filaments.
- With this printer, you can print two similar objects at a time, thus saving time.
- This printer can also function as an engraver.
- The chamber enclosure provides temperature control for an uninterrupted printing process.
- The glass build plate in the printing bed is pretty outdated
- The print speed is average
If you want a budget-friendly and well-performing dual extruder 3D printer, BIBO 3D is the choice you should make. It is a great printer, and other than its glass build plate, there is nothing wrong with it at all.
Da Vinci 2.0 Duo
The Da Vinci 2.0 Duo is a Chinese company, XYZprinting’s product. This double extruder 3D printer is well-known for its reliability and accuracy.
This is a plug and play, low-maintenance 3D printer. This 3D printer has some very interesting features. It has a print bed detection system. It also has a pressure sensing device that has an automatic feature to clean the printer’s nozzle.
Da Vinci 2.0 has an excellent printing speed to offer. The Ultra-Fast mode allows you to print 400 microns resolutions at a speed of 150mm per second. There are three other modes, Fine mode, Standard mode, and Speed mode. The print resolution is 100 microns, 200 microns, and 300 microns, respectively.
Da Vinci 2.0 also offers cloud storage and also gives access to the print gallery. It has a display that offers great help with the printing process. It is only compatible with two types of filaments, PLA and ABS.
- Build Volume of 20 x20x 15cm
- Have two extruders
- Prints in two materials, PLA and ABS
- It consists of four printing modes with different resolutions
- Offers cloud storage
- Equipped with 2.6 inches LCM display
- Print bed detection
- Automatic nozzle cleaning feature
- A well-built and well-priced 3D printer, Da Vinci 2.0 is a suitable dual extruder printer to create all kinds of big printing models.
- Da Vince 2.0 3D printer has a pressure sensing device to print results with accuracy.
- The four speed modes are very useful when it comes to achieving a particular print resolution
- This printer offers cloud storage and access to the print gallery to help create so many different designs.
- The LCM display keeps a check on the accuracy of the prints.
- It is only compatible with PLA and ABS filaments.
- The extruders sometimes get jammed
- The customer support is not enough
Da Vinci 2.0 Duo is a great 3D printer with exceptional features. It has a great print speed and four different modes to achieve appropriate print resolution. However, it is just compatible with two filaments, ABS and PLA.
The Ultimaker S5
Ultimaker is a Dutch manufacturer that is known for its contributions to the 3D community. The 3D printers by this company have received great reviews. The Ultimaker S5 is a production of Ultimaker. This 3D printer has the capabilities to replace most top dual extruder 3D printers available in the market. Ultimaker S5 has won over its predecessor Ultimaker 3 on all performance measures. S5 has a build volume of 330 x 240 x 300 mm, which is quite huge. It offers a printing speed of 24 mm³/s. These factors make S5 perfect for professionals and small businesses.
This printer is compatible with different types of filaments, such as PLA, ABS, and Nylon.
S5 has a color touchscreen that is compatible with a mobile app. This 3D printer also has an enclosed chamber with a glass tray.
Now coming to printing quality, S5 offers brilliant printing results. You can also download the Cura software on your phone and monitor the prints remotely.
- Build volume 330 x 240 x 300 mm
- Dual extruder
- Print core system
- Heated bed
- Water-soluble supports
- Compatible with PLA, ABS, and Nylon
- Printing Speed 24mm/sec
- Enclosed chamber
- Compatible with Cura software for remote monitoring
- Ultimaker S5, with all its updates, is a much better version of 3D printers.
- It is perfect for professionals and small businesses
- It is compatible with different kinds of filaments, so you can enjoy creating big prints with different textures and colors
- The enclosed chamber ensures that the heat stays in the printer
- This is an expensive 3D printer
- The printing speed is not very competitive.
Overall, Ultimaker S5 is an exceptional dual extruder 3D printer for professionals. If you have enough budget for your 3D printer, do consider S5 as an option.
Sindoh - 3D2XQ
This 3D printer is very similar to its previous versions, but it has some great new features. This dual extruder 3D printer has a magnetic plate, unlike all its predecessors. This magnetic plate is removable. In addition to the plate, this 3D printer has a filtration system to cool down the printer.
If you want to get good print quality with an easy operation, Sindoh 3D2XQ is the printer for you. This 3D machine has a cartridge filament loading system, ensuring a smooth filament feeding and unloading process.
Sindoh 3D2XQ is compatible with all kinds of filaments and soluble materials. The manufacturer of 3D2XQ has made sure that this machine isn’t noisy. This is very rare when it comes to 3D printers.
- Build volume of 228 x 200 x 300 mm
- Two extruders
- Magnetic plate
- Air filtration system
- Layer thickness 0.05mm
- Compatible with filaments and soluble materials
- Filament detection system
- This is an excellent dual extruder 3D printer designed with great features.
- It is compatible with all kinds of filaments and soluble materials.
- It has a color touch screen to monitor the process of printing
- The built-in air filtration system cools down this printer.
- This printer requires a frequent reboot in some cases
- There have been complaints of printer head jamming
A well-built 3D printer, Sindoh 3D2XQ is a much better dual extruder 3D printer than its predecessors. It is also not very expensive and suitable for small businesses.
ZMorph VX Multi-Tool 3D Printer
The ZMorph VX Multi-Tool 3D Printer is a great dual extruder 3D printer. To call it an all-in-one 3D printer won’t be a wrong statement to make. ZMorph is a well-known company with a very good reputation in the 3D community. So, a product from ZMorph is worth buying.
The VX Multi-Tool 3D printer has a dual extruder, a milling machine, and an engraver. This is way more than any other 3D printer offers.
This 3D machine can print a variety of materials from pastes to plastics such as dough and ceramics. This printer also comes with a hot printing bed. This bed can take up a maximum temperature of 100 degrees Celsius. Printers that can take up high temperatures are high-performing 3D printers.
- Dual extruder
- It comes with a laser engraver
- Has a CNC milling tool
- Color LCD screen
- Aluminum structure
- Heat bed temperature can reach up to 100 degrees
- Layer resolution 400 microns
- ZMorph VX is a three-in-one 3D machine with a dual extruder, an engraver, and a milling machine.
- The aluminum structure of this 3D printer gives it a sturdy body
- The color LCD screen helps in monitoring the printing process
- This printer can create pastes and plastics of all kinds.
- This is an expensive 3D printer
- The speed of this printer isn’t as competitive.
ZMorph VX is a versatile dual extruder 3D printer that you can place on your desk and enjoy working with. It can create big models and prints. You can also call it a problem-solving machine.
BCN3D Technologies is famous for its impressive 3D machines. The Sigma R19 is just that. This 3D printer comes with the Cura slicing software. It also has a touchscreen for a great user experience.
Sigma R19 is a much better version of its predecessors. It has two extruders, which means you are free to print two objects at a time. This machine has six nozzles in different ranges of diameter. These nozzles are capable of reaching a temperature as high as 280 degrees Celsius.
- Build volume of 210 x 297 x 210 mm.
- Dual extruder
- Nozzles diameter ranges between 0.03mm to 1.00mm
- Color touchscreen
- Maximum nozzle temperature 280 degrees Celsius
- Cura slicing software
- USB connectivity
- Comes with an SD card
- This is a well-built dual extruder 3D printer that has the Cura slicing software installed. This software is very easy to use
- The nozzles and extruder in Sigma R19 are way better than its previous versions
- It has a color touch screen for the user interface
- This machine is compatible with all kinds of filaments.
- This is a fairly inexpensive 3D printer
- This printer is a little noisy when printing.
- Sigma R19 doesn’t come with a Wi-Fi connectivity feature
- You will encounter filament wastage with this printer
Sigma R19 is a wonderful dual extruder printer with great features. It is also inexpensive. However, it is noisy and doesn’t have a Wi-Fi connectivity feature, which might be a drawback for many users.
HICTOP Tenlog D3 PRO IDEX Printer
This is a simple yet extremely flexible 3D printer with a dual extruder. This printer comes with an Independent Dual Extruder technology. Through this technology, this printer can create several copies of a 3D model. This technology helps in reducing the overall printing time.
The Tenlog D3 Pro 3D printer has two spool holders located on the top, a print bed made from glass, and an LCD touch screen panel of 4.3 inches. This desktop printer comes unassembled in different parts.
This printer has a huge build volume but a basic design. This printer is perfect if you want to use a dual extruder 3D printer as an education tool.
- Aluminum body
- Dual extruder
- Size 11.8×11.8×13.8 inches
- Dual extruder
- Glass print bed
- It comes with a 4.3-inch LCD screen
- The maximum print size is 300*300*350mm
- Compatible with PLA, ABS, PVA
- Maximum printing speed is 180mm/s
- The Tenlog D3 Pro is an easy-to-use 3D printer with a lot of flexibility to offer
- This is an inexpensive 3D printer with a dual extruder
- The 4.3 inch LCD screen is a great feature to monitor the prints
- D3 Pro is perfect for mass production
- It gets delivered in parts. Some of you might find it hard to assemble it.
- It is a simple-looking printer, nothing too fancy.
- It doesn’t have a chamber enclosure
The Tenlog D3 Pro is an easy-to-use 3D printer with a dual extruder. It is perfect for keeping in small spaces. It is fairly cheap which might attract a lot of you but there are a few basic features that are missing in its design
What to Look for When Choosing a Dual Extruder 3D Printer?
There are a few factors that you must consider before buying a dual extruder 3D printer.
You shouldn’t compromise when it comes to printing speed. The worth-buying dual extruder 3D printer is one that can produce optimum printing speed. Always look for dual extruder 3D printers that offer a great printing speed, especially when you want to finish a big project in a limited period.
3D printing is all about creating complex and big 3D objects. A dual extruder 3D printer can create amazing 3D figures with the help of different types of filaments. If you do not want your money to go to waste, choose a dual extruder 3D printer that can handle all kinds of plastics and thick pastes.
With an unstable world economy, it is always best to buy things that meet your budget and are affordable. Pricing is a crucial factor. We always recommend you buy a well-priced dual extruder 3D printer.
A dual extruder 3D gives you the possibility of using different color filaments at a time. Before buying a dual extruder 3D printer, consider the one which comes with nozzles of different sizes. This is important when you want to play with a variety of colors in your 3D printing job.
The BIBO 3D printer wins the best overall award. It is a very popular 3D printer that has taken over the 3D printer market. It is a dual extruder 3D printer and also a laser engraver. It comes with an aluminum bed that produces prints with great precision. It also comes with a touch screen and a chamber. All these features contribute towards a good customer-experience.
The FlashForge Creator Pro is our runner up. This is an inexpensive dual extruder 3D printer with some of the most useful features. It has a chamber, a metal frame, and an extruder setup. It is a little noisy, though, hence it takes the runner up spot.
Best Value for Money
When it comes to this category, Geeetech A10M 3D Printer is our recommendation. This is an inexpensive printer with all the great qualities of a super expensive dual extruder 3D printer. If you have a limited budget, Geeetech A10M dual extruder 3D printer is the choice for you. With this printer, you can create exotic 3D prints and cherish them all your life.
Every dual extruder 3D printer has their pros and cons, but they have one thing in common: they are all exceptional. Making a perfect choice on your own will be hard, which is why we have curated the list above. Go through it before you head over to buy your dual extruder 3D printer.
Leave a Reply