Table of Contents
- What Should I Expect for a 3D Printer Below $300?
- 10 Best 3D Printers Under $300
- Creality Ender 3 Pro 3D Printer
- FLSUN Q5 Delta 3D Printer
- LONGER Orange 10 Resin SLA 3D Printer
- SainSmart x Creality Ender-3 PRO 3D Printer
- SUNLU 3D Printer DIY Kit
- JGMAKER Magic 3D Printer DIY Kit
- JGMAKER Magic Upgraded 3D Printer DIY Kits
- GIANTARM-GEEETECH A10M Mix-Color 3D Printer
- Easythreed Mini Toybox 3D Printer DIY Set
- Monoprice 121666 Mini Delta 3D Printer
- What To Look for When Choosing 3D Printers Under 300
- Final Words
Are you looking for a 3D printer under the price of $300? Let us help you find the perfect 3D printer so that you can get the most value out of your $300!
3D printers are the trend nowadays, whether for fun and game purposes at home, professional intents at offices, or research interests at universities and research centers. Whatever the goal is, the 3D printer has always shown its worth and proved itself very handy.
However, when it comes to buying a 3D printer, one must be very careful and pay attention to all details before deciding which one to buy, especially when the budget is low. One wants to have the most fruitful outcome for the money they pay.
We will help you and guide you about all of it: What you should expect when buying a 3D printer under $300 and what features you should specifically pay attention to when purchasing the 3D printer. We have also found the ten best 3D printers for you under the price of $300. So, let’s get started!
What Should I Expect for a 3D Printer Below $300?
When buying a 3D printer under the price of $300, one needs to keep a few points in mind.
- The printer will be a small scale printer, and it might not be suitable for printing images on a larger scale. This doesn’t mean that all printers will be small scale 3D printers. There are some printers that offer relatively large scale printing. We have researched those printers for you and found the perfect 3D printers suitable for large scale printing under the price of $300.
- The 3D printer might come with unclear and confusing instructions. You might have a hard time understanding and following instructions to assemble the 3D printer as well as the instructions given for the image printing.
- Not all the 3D printers that come at a low price need to be of low quality as well. There are many 3D printers that offer remarkable features and have a price under $300! Therefore, why waste money on an expensive 3D printer when you can get comparatively the same results at a lower price?
- Some packages you receive will have many small parts that you will need to assemble on your own, which might be time-consuming.
- You need to find a perfectly flat space to place the 3D printer on. Any disturbance in the flatness of the surface will result in imperfect image printing. Hence, people might think this is due to the quality of 3D printers being low, resulting in lousy image printing as they have a lower price relative to other 3D printers, while that isn’t the case.
- You have to wait for the 3D printer to reach the optimum temperature before starting printing. Low temperature may even block the nozzle and make the flow of resin uneven; thus, the resulting image will not be as you expected it.
- The 3D printer you are buying should have sufficient UV light spread uniformly; thus, the printed image will be accurate through all angles.
10 Best 3D Printers Under $300
Creality Ender 3 Pro is a multipurpose 3D printer that you can use for professional 3D production printing works as well as for 3D printing tasks as a hobby. This printer comes to you in parts, and you have to assemble the pieces with the help of an easy-to-understand guide and video demonstrations. The safe power supply, quick heating, and resuming the printing from the last recorded extruder position after a power outage makes this 3D printer very special and helps it stand out in comparison with other printers.
- Material: Aluminum
- Dimensions: 21 x 14.9 x 7.7 inches; 19 pounds
- UL certified power supply
- Quick heating; within 5 minutes and up to 110 degrees
- Print size: 220 x 220 x 250 mm
- Magnet print bed
- 45-degree angle display screen
- Wider y-axis
- Card slot makes the experience better
The overall features and benefits make the Creality Ender 3 Pro 3D Printer an excellent choice if you want to print 3D models. The resume print function is one of the highlighted features. If you are looking for a 3D printer under the range of $300, this is a very good option for you to consider.
FLSUN has been developing the best quality and most high performing 3D printers for professional and personal uses. The FLSUN Delta 3D Printer is very successful and popular among users. It is best suited for customers and schools, which gives a good quality print at a reasonable and affordable price. This is the best suited 3D printer solution for professionals and designers to obtain the best quality 3D printing models. With its automatic leveling and auto-calibration features, multi-language user interface, and full-color touch screen, you can have an enjoyable experience.
- Product dimension: 300 x 300 x 650 mm
- Lattice glass hotbed platform
- Auto-leveling and auto-calibration system
- Full-color TFT touchscreen
- Multi-language user-friendly UI
- Connectivity: USB, SD card
- Printing speed: 20-200mm/segment
- Resume printing function
The FLSUN Q5 Delta 3D Printer is user friendly, and you do not require a lot of effort to set up the printer. With automatic leveling, a colored touch screen for a user interface, and a non-sticking smooth platform, you can have the best experience of printing 3D models and projects. If you are thinking of buying a good quality 3D printer at an affordable price with excellent performance, you might find this is the best option for you.
With the new technology of LCD, Longer came up with a new model of a 3D printer. This printer is affordable and has a very high precision image, which makes it very special! The uniform UV light curing ensures a high-quality output image.
- Product dimensions: 8.66 x 21.65 x 8.66 inches
- High precision
- Simple and easy-to-use software
- Uses newest LCD technology
- Uniform UV light design
- 2.8-inch touch screen
- High temperature detection system
When it comes to high quality at a relatively reasonable budget, one can definitely regard the LONGER Orange 10 Resin SLA 3D Printer as one of the best 3D printers at an economical price. It can give you a very neat and well-printed image that looks beautiful. This is definitely a product you can consider buying!
Another one of the 3D printers we found for you that can provide the best quality image printing is the SainSmart x Creality Ender-3 PRO 3D Printer. With a beautiful design and high-quality material of construction, this is a printer that is not only nice to look at, but the images it prints are even more beautiful and impressive!
- The printing accuracy is ±0.1 mm
- Layer thickness is 0.1 – 0.4 mm
- The heated bed has a temperature of 110° C (230° F)
- SD Flash and USB 2.0 connectivity
- Comes with the Ender-3 PRO 3D Printer, toolbox, screw accessories box, an MK8 black silicone cover, an MK nozzle, and a pneumatic head
- FDM printing technology
- Removable and flexible magnetic printing bed
Under the price of $300, the SainSmart x Creality Ender-3 PRO 3D Printer is a superb 3D printer that one can buy for their home or office purposes. The elegant design makes it an attraction, and you can keep it in your computer room or your office at home. It will add to the attraction of the room and also print beautiful images according to the information given to the printer.
The next 3D printer we suggest for you is brought to you by SUNLU. This product is not just a 3D printer but also a full DIY kit with all the essential items to set up the 3D printer and start printing images for you. With a unique shape, the designers have managed to make his 3D printer in such a way that there is a large area available for printing, and hence one can print large images using this 3D printer as well.
- High precision up to 0.1 mm
- Because of the string extrusion force, the nozzle never gets clogged
- In case of a power outage, the printer will resume its work after the power supply resumes
- The temperature reaches 200 degrees in just 2 minutes
- Printing area of 310 x 310 x 400 mm
- Includes the SUNLU 3D printer, pliers, wrench, power cord, filament, glue stick, SD card, filament support, glass bed, square-shaped nut, USB cord, M5x25 bolts, M3 screw nuts, M5x5 bolts, cable ties, hexagonal wrench, and shovel
With so many provided accessories, you get a 3D printer with a complete package at quite an economical price. You are unlikely to find this anywhere else. The SUNLU 3D Printer DIY Kit is not just a 3D printer. Instead, it is a full DIY package for making your own sculptures and many other items.
This company, JGMAKER, is ISO9001 certified with a mission to create high-quality 3D printers. JGMAKER Magic 3D Printer DIY kit is one of the finest printers from JGMAKER, built to fulfill customers’ demand for fine quality 3D model printing at an exceptionally affordable price without compromising on the quality. This product has unique features such as the ability to resume printing after a power failure, filament run-out detection, memory print after reinserting SD card, etc.
- Print size: 220 x 220 x 250 mm
- Material: Aluminum
- Color: Black
- Memory function to resume the printing
- Warning system for filament shortage automatically stops the printing process
- Resume print after reinserting the SD card
- Connectivity: SD card, USB cable
- High precision
- Special flexible platform
The JGMAKER Magic 3D Printer DIY Kit is overall very good with smart features for overcoming interruption problems during the printing process due to unexpected SD card removal for any reason, power outage, or shortage of filament. The smart warning system detects the lack of filament and immediately stops the printing process and stops the heating. Moreover, this is affordable in price. So, this product might be the ideal solution for your 3D printing needs.
JG MAKER Magic Upgraded 3D Printer is more user-friendly. Most of the parts are re-assembled and need minor assembling before use, which hardly takes 30 minutes compared to the JGMAKER Magic 3D Printer and other brands, which take a lot of time to assemble. The second upgrade this product contains is the built-in power supply, which makes the appearance of the product more elegant and safer than power exposed printers.
- Built-in power supply design
- Filament run-out detection
- Memory function to resume the printing after an interruption due to SD card removal
- Good heat dissipation and high precision
- Color: Black
- Connectivity: USB cable and SD card
- Power failure detection
The JGMAKER Magic Upgraded 3D Printer DIY Kits comes with modifications in assembling and the built-in power supply design. It is more cost-effective than the previous version of the product. The old model’s features, including filament detection, memory effectiveness, and resume printing capability after power outages, are still the same. With new modifications, the product might seem more appealing, so you should consider this product while choosing a printer for 3D projects.
This is a mixed color 3D printer with a dual extruder. It gives a multi-color 3D printing experience at an affordable cost. The package comes with a 90% pre-assembled form and gives you a quick assembling experience without taking much of your time.
- Mixed color printing function
- 2-in-1-out hot end dual extruder provides multi-color printing on one piece
- Large printing area, 220 x 220 x 260 mm
- Fast assembly
- High adhesion building platform
- Filament detector
- Print resume function in case of interruption due to a power outage
- V-shape rails and wheels to reduce noise
- Supports optional auto-leveling function
If you are looking for a 3D printer for multi-color printing in a single item, and you have a low budget, then you may find the GIANTARM-GEEETECH A10M Mix-Color 3D Printer to be perfect for you. With its latest technology and updated features of large print area, break resuming capabilities, filament detector, open-source motherboard, and option to add auto-leveling sensors, it takes your 3D printing experience to the next level.
Easythreed is an expert organization in building 3D printers for you, and the Mini Toybox 3D Printer is one of the innovations by Easythreed. This printer is relatively lightweight and portable so that you can take it anywhere easily. One key start, pause, and stop function makes printing more easy and quick for you and your children. The PLA filaments are non-toxic, tasteless, and odorless, so your children can safely enjoy 3D printing using their creative and artistic minds.
- One key printing feature for starting printing automatically after inserting a TF card
- Removable printing platform
- PLA material filament for safe 3D printing
- Nano 3D printing nozzle
- Material: ABS (Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene)
- Print size: 90 x 110 x 110 mm
The Easythreed Mini Toybox 3D Printer DIY Set provides you with lifetime technical support services and 24-hour professional customer services. The Mini Toybox 3D printer is lightweight and portable, and you can easily move it from one place to another. Children can use it for printing 3D models using their creativity and artistic thinking. So if you are looking for a printer that can help your kids to print 3D models, this might be the best product in the market to serve your needs.
Monoprice has designed its own mini 3D printer for people who like to work on small scales. With the convenience of economical prices, this printer is definitely one to consider. You can easily connect this printer to devices, either via Wi-Fi or cables.
- Temperature range of extruder nozzle 180-260°C
- The temperature range of the build plate is up to 60°C
- Can connect to devices using the Mac OS X and Windows operating systems
- Print speed: 150mm/sec
- Print in various ways, either wirelessly connected with a device through Wi-Fi, a physical USB, or an office SD card
- Its build area is 110 x 220 mm
- The layer resolution is up to 50 microns
- The weight of the 3D printer is 4 lbs.
Working on a small scale and printing a small image can be done best with the Monoprice 121666 Mini Delta 3D Printer. The temperature range is also ideal for the best image printing. For the best printer at a small scale, this printer is the most economical and ideal option.
What To Look for When Choosing 3D Printers Under 300
One always needs to know what features to check out when purchasing a new item. The knowledge of the item a person is buying helps the user choose the best item at the best price they can find.
When it comes to buying a 3D printer, one needs to look at multiple features, including the pros of the 3D printers and their cons as well. This is especially if you want to buy the printer on a budget, as we mentioned earlier in the section above about what you should expect when purchasing a 3D printer under the price of $300.
You have had those points in mind while going through the products, and now we will tell you all about what to look for and the features that make a 3D printer stand out compared to other printers. You should know the type of images you need to be 3D printed and choose your 3D printer accordingly. Here are some features you should check out when comparing different 3D printers:
This is a very important feature to look at. The images have to print mainly depending on the size that the printer can handle. If the build space is not enough, then one has to find a larger size. We have found a few 3D printers that have a relatively larger build area as compared to most of the printers. You can take a look at the dimensions that we have mentioned above.
Speed of Printing
Speed of printing is also an important feature to keep in mind while searching for a 3D printer. Some printers are very slow and take a lot of time to print a single small image. Now many of you would be thinking, why is it significant? If we are not in a hurry for the image printing, then why buy a fast machine?
The answer is if the machine runs for a longer time, it consumes electric power, and in turn, the running cost of the printer increases as compared to a fast 3D printer that will take less time to print the image and, in turn, reduce the running cost!
This is a very technical feature. You will have to select a 3D printer with a specific nozzle size, which is neither too narrow nor too broad. Both have their benefits and drawbacks. A narrow nozzle will print an exact, accurate, and detailed image, but the problem with a thin nozzle is that there are high chances of the nozzle getting clogged.
Meanwhile, if you get a larger nozzle size, it will not get clogged, and you won’t face this exact problem anymore. But the problem with larger nozzles is that the printed image will not be as accurate and detailed. What should a person do when facing such a situation where neither can they compromise on the details nor take the risk of having their nozzle being clogged now and then, which would cause them time wasted in unclogging the nozzle every time it gets blocked?
The best solution for this is finding the nozzle size that is neither narrow enough to clog easily nor large enough to affect the detailing of the image.
This is another crucial factor to keep in view while buying the 3D printer. The printer should be able to regulate the heat and temperature well enough not to let it overheat. If the temperature exceeds what is required, the image will never dry up and will lose its detailing and shape. Thus, it is essential to ensure that the printer has its mechanism to cope with overheating. If not, at least have an alarm to warn the user if the printer is overheating.
As mentioned above, temperature plays a vital role in 3D printing; slight overheating may affect the quality of the image being printed. The printer needs to have an excellent controlled temperature range in which it can be heated and not more than that.
Speed of Heating Up
The faster the printer heats up, the quicker you can start printing. You can’t start printing before the printer reaches the optimum temperature. To make your work quick and let the temperature reach the ideal range, the printer needs to have such a mechanism by which the printer heats up very quickly, within a few minutes.
Compatibility With Softwares and Connectivity With Devices
There are many printers whose results are the best and highly detailed, but they have the problem that they aren’t compatible with specific devices or some software. This causes inconvenience for many people. You need to make sure that the printer you are buying is compatible with the device you plan to connect it with.
Assembling the 3D Printer
If you are good at assembling and setting up items, this should not worry you. But if you are a person who struggles with instructions to assemble items, find a printer that you can easily and quickly assemble. You might also consider getting a printer that comes with detailed and easily understandable instructions.
Curing Time and UV Light Uniformity
Curing time and the uniformity of the UV light is essential. If the curing time is not enough or the UV light doesn’t fall uniformly on the printed image, the resulting image will be sticky and less detailed and precise.
After discussing all the aspects of a 3D printer and the details of the best 3D printers, here are some of the printers that we think are the best among all the ten we suggested. Here are our recommendations:
Best Overall – JG MAKER Magic Upgraded 3D printer
Runner-Up – Easythreed Mini Toybox 3D printer
Best Value for Money – Monoprice 121666 Mini Delta 3D Printer
You may end up buying one of the other printers on our list. However, these three are the ones we feel are the best. But you should see which product best suits the purpose you need it for and make the decision according to your needs.
According to our judgment, the best overall product is the JG MAKER Magic Upgraded 3D Printer. We have reasons to back up our recommendation. Not only is it very cost-effective, but it comes almost pre-assembled. This helps save time and hard work. Along with that, it comes with a power failure detection system, which helps save filament and time. This printer also has a sensor to detect if the filament is running low and notifies the user about it. This helps the user a lot.
According to our analysis of the listed products, the runner-up is the Easythreed Mini Toybox 3D printer. This printer is effortless to understand and use as it can start, pause, and stop printing with just a touch of a button. Besides that, the filament used in this printer is very safe and non-toxic; if you print toys for kids using this printer, they can play with it, and you will not have to worry about the toy being toxic. This printer is very lightweight and can be portable, which adds to the convenience of using it.
Best Value for Money
Regarding the best value for money in 3D printers, we would suggest considering buying SainSmart x Creality Ender-3 Pro 3D Printer. It is suitable for small scale and large scale printing. Besides that, there are many other features that put it above all the competitors. The removable base of the printer makes it unique, and it stands out among all the printers.
After a long and detailed discussion covering everything about 3D printers, we conclude this article. 3D printers are a very useful and handy machine that people use in every field of life. We have shown you all the printers that are incredibly affordable and have high-quality materials of construction and the best 3D printing results when it comes to economical shopping.
Choose your 3D printer now from the list above! We can assure you that you will not get suggestions like these anywhere else. We care for you and your needs. Caring about your budget and making sure that you get the best and most fruitful value for your money, we have made sure that none of the printers are a waste of time to look at, nor will they be a waste of money when investing in them. Happy shopping!