Table of Contents
Powered loudspeakers can be the entire life of any party or any event for that matter. They amplify the whole scenario by producing deeply resonating sound quality and enthralling the audience. And for a passionate musician and performer, if their music is made justice to, then that is what they seek the most.
While they come with a hefty price tag, they provide you with enough features to make up for it in the long run. If you are someone who likes performing at weddings and events or is a DJ, we have just the product for you.
Alto TS315 Review
With 1,000 watts of continual Class-D amplification, this 2-way, high-range power-packed loudspeaker has restructured transducers in a lightweight, movable enclosure. It delivers uninterrupted high-level audio for various applications, providing solutions for installation challenges and any kind of performance.
It has a closed, low-frequency imitation monitoring routine by 15″ woofers and a 3″ high-temperature voice coil. A 1.4″ tweeter with a neodymium magnet with an accuracy waveguide ensures clear, high-frequency sound production. Due to its significant LF driver and worthwhile bi-amplification, this powerhouse distributes a surplus amount of low-end punch, rendering it an excellent selection for live bands DJs, musicians, and performers anytime, anywhere.
With this loudspeaker, you can count on immaculate, precise full-range audio, and dependable execution every time you step on the stage. Its lightweight and portable layout make transporting easy, and you don’t have to worry about hauling it around.
- It can reach a 2000 W peak.
- It has a lodged cabinet layout that provides ample flexibility to mount this product with ease and in a variety of ways.
- Its careful construction allows you the freedom to carry it around as it is ergonomically manageable.
- Custom engineered amplifiers with cooling design.
- Speaker runs quieter and cleaner, promising long-term usage and reliability.
- Its industrial yet elegant design, adaptable placement, and an intuitive user interface accomplish a certain level of superiority.
Alto TS315 Specs
- Integrated M6 suspension points with an integrated pole socket.
- Dual XLR combination mic and line input.
- Independent control levels
- XLR link output delivers I/O.
- The frequency range is at 43 Hz22 kHz with horn exposure at 90° H x 60° V nominal.
- Two onboard channel mixers and outline EQ switch.
- Extreme SPL is 134 dB peak, 131 dB uninterrupted.
- 50 to 20 kHz frequency retort with 2 kHz crossover.
- Electronic clip, thermal, and transducer overdrive protection.
- Mobile and compact
- Top grade sound clarity
- Value for money
- Immaculate quality
- No adjustment for mid and low sound options
- High frequency wanes after a while
- Limited functions
Alto TS312 vs TS315
While both of these models belong to the same TS series from Alto, they are intended to deliver full-scale high-quality audio and are necessarily the same. However, they differ substantially because TS312 has 12-inch woofers, while TS315 is created with 15-inch ones.
While both of the models encompass the same characteristics and features as they originate from the same series, TS315 packs just a bit more of a punch. 15″ woofers would be capable enough to expel more air than the 12″ woofers and would thus produce an increased and maximum sound pressure level—this is where the main disparity stems from.
Therefore, the short technical explanation to the difference is that when all other components are similar, the TS315 is louder and tighter than the TS312 and will give more bass. Hence, you can feed it much more power and obtain extra volume, however for the low-frequency indications, this size rating is crucial, as they may be otherwise indistinguishable.
Alto TS315 Manual
To get the most out of a powered loudspeaker, you must use it accurately, and as instructed otherwise, it will fall short. We have explained how to set your product up to ensure it delivers all that it promises.
The first and most crucial step is mounting. Always install subwoofers in agreement with acceptable electrical and building codes and according to its maximum weight. Test the specifications of your stand to assure it can bolster the loudspeaker’s weight. Furthermore, examine all safety precautions stipulated by the manufacturer. Do not mount numerous speakers on a similar stand. Confirm that the stand is on a steady, level, and flat surface.
You must analyze the stand before using that no parts are missing or got worn out. Be careful in windy, outdoor situations. You may need to position an extra weight on the stand’s base to expand stability. Do not attach anything to any part of a loudspeaker system as they can topple the system.
Unless you are sure that you can handle the loudspeaker’s weight, ask for additional help in mounting it. Ensure your wires are out of everyone’s way, so they don’t get tangled in the performers’ production crew’s or audiences’ feet and destroy the entire system.
Connect the included power cable to the input area provided, connect the other end of the cable to a power source, and make sure the Power Switch is off while plugging and unplugging the cable.
If the unit’s fuse faces wreckage, power off the loudspeaker and detach it from the power outlet, and then lift this flap to repair the fuse. Replace it with a fuse that has the relevant rating. Using a fuse with an inaccurate rating can defect the unit and fuse.
Turn the speaker on or off. Ensure the volume knob gets set to zero before turning it on, the power LED will illuminate when it is on.
Attach the outputs to a loudspeaker using regular XLR cables. The audio signal that have frequencies above the crossover frequency of the subwoofer will get sent out of these outputs.
Use a standard XLR cable to connect your sound source to these inputs.
Adjust the output volume accordingly with this knob, but don’t subject yourself to excessively constant loud sounds as they can damage your hearing.
This LED will light green when an audio signal gets transmitted to the subwoofer; the LED will flash at lower levels and lights up brightly at higher levels. The LED lights up red when the output limit is active, but if the LED shows light red continuously, decrease the volume of your audio source.
Polarity Reverse Option
Use it to overturn the phase of the speaker’s output. Use this to lessen phasing or cancellations caused due to the speaker’s location in a listening space.
Use it to Toggle between six different settings selections that modify the delay, crossover frequency, and the level of the XLR outputs. The first four settings are tailored for TS315 full-range loudspeakers. When a parameter is selected, its related LED will get illuminated
Alto TS315 Alternatives
While this product gives it all, here are some alternatives for you to consider
Mackie Thump15A Powered Speaker
Much like its name, it provides chest-thumping low-end in an incredibly affordable package. This 1300W, 15-inch powered loudspeaker is remade from top to bottom to produce sounds better than ever. With a renewed adept enclosure and power system protection, you can step on that stage with the utmost confidence.
- It features an all-new amplifier layout with Dynamic Bass Response for the hard thumping effect.
- The adjustable built-in two-channel mixer contains Vita preamplifiers with Wide-Z technology
- it deals with mic, instrument, or line signals with relaxation.
- The application-oriented speaker modes allow you to tap into the system at the press of a button.
- Its dual-angle design monitors stage.
Behringer B212XL Eurolive
Complete with a high-power two-way sound support speaker system, it is designed for live and playback uses. This ultra-compact and portable product gives outstanding sound even at harsh sound pressure levels. Its various features endear this product to many users.
- It has a compelling 15″ long-excursion driver
- It delivers extraordinarily intense bass and acoustic power.
- It has an ultramodern 1.75” titanium-diaphragm reduction, driver
- it promises improved high-frequency output.
- Its trapezoidal chamber design enables stand-mounting with 35mm pole socket
- it can additionally get utilized as a floor monitor.
The Electro-Voice ZLX-12P
This 12″ two-way powered loudspeaker is convenient and versatile; it headlines custom engineered drivers in a rugged compartment. The product entails a grille made up of 18-gauge steel with an ebony powder covering. It is recommended by many due to its power-packed sound and affordability.
- The loudspeaker fits the specially developed drivers with a custom-built Class-D amplifier unit
- It ensures high-frequency depth.
- It can be pole-mounted or wielded as a floor monitor
- It provides a potent sonic effect and performance.
- It delivers a wide frequency range with 12″ woofer
- Half-inch high-density titanium compression driver and LCD make it a sturdy purchase.
Alto TS315 is considered a substantial pioneer when it comes to a wide variety of powered loudspeakers available. Its exceptional sound quality and frequency levels made its mark, so even if it’s rather expensive, it is worth it. Though many users believe it can improve massively in offering ranges of volumes and some more functionality options, it still gets rated among the top in the game.
Leave a Reply