Table of Contents
- What Is a 60% Mechanical Keyboard?
- Are 60% Mechanical Keyboards Good for Gaming?
- Our Top Picks: 10 Best 60% Mechanical Keyboard
- RK Royal Kludge RK61 RGB 60% Mechanical Keyboard
- Motospeed 60% Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- Razer Huntsman Mini 60% Gaming Keyboard
- Redragon K530 Draconic 60% Compact Mechanical Keyboard
- KEMOVE 61 Snowfox 60% Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- DIERYA DK61E 60% Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- BOYI 61 Keys Mini 60% Keyboard
- MageGee TS91 Mini 60% Gaming/Office Keyboard
- Happy Hacking Keyboard Professional2
- What To Look for When a Choosing 60% Mechanical Keyboard
- Final Words
Does your desk look like a blown-up battlefield? Do you suffer from continuous muscle pain and wrist strain from long gaming sessions and tiring office work? The ultimate solution to all your problems is a 60 percent mechanical keyboard. It has 60 percent of the keys opting out the ones which are not used frequently, for instance, the number pad, navigation cluster, and arrow keys.
Now, you might be wondering whether this smaller keyboard will limit your accessibility, but that is not the case. The purpose of this keyboard is to have a smaller-size keyboard that takes up lesser space on your desk. Hence, it will allow you more freedom to use your mouse during an intense session of gameplay.
Secondly, it also resolves the problem of muscle fatigue and wrist strain due to its ergonomic design. It is easier to adjust and thus adds comfort. This keyboard should be your next purchase if you are an avid e-player, a busy typist, or a busy office employee. Therefore, we have also made your work easier by providing our best recommendations for the most suitable keyboard for you.
What Is a 60% Mechanical Keyboard?
60 percent keyboards are the ones that have a lesser number of keys than the regular large-sized keyboard has, or in other words, it has 60 percent of the total keys. It lacks the arrow keys, number pad, and function keys. But you don’t have to worry; it is not about functionality. A 60 percent keyboard serves the purpose of saving space on your desk with its highly compact and sleek design. It takes up lesser space, thus allowing maximum mobility. And its mini-size prevents your arm from straining due to uncomfortable positions, while its compact design makes it easy to adjust.
Are 60% Mechanical Keyboards Good for Gaming?
Do long playing sessions give you a strained wrist muscle? Do your gaming sessions end up giving you physical stress instead of mental relaxation? Well, that is exactly why you need a 60 percent mechanical keyboard on your desk. First of all, its small size frees up extra space on your desk to allow unrestricted movements of the mouse while playing. Also, its compact and sleek design allows you to position it comfortably and shortens the arms stretch while gaming.
Many latest keyboards come with an ergonomic design that especially prevents muscle fatigue and straining of wrists. When extra keys are reduced, it increases functionality for rapid responses in your games. If you really desire unstoppable playing sessions, you should buy a 60 percent keyboard to maximize your comfort.
Our Top Picks: 10 Best 60% Mechanical Keyboard
RK Royal Kludge RK61 RGB 60% Mechanical Keyboard
RK Royal Kludge RK61 is a smart wireless keyboard with only 61 keys. It saves up great space, and its small size makes it travel-friendly. It can maintain a Bluetooth connection with three devices concurrently with its efficient Bluetooth 3.0 chipset. Additionally, it works well with Windows/macOS/Android systems. Its 1450 mAh battery gives it amazing long-lasting 8 hours battery-time.
This keyboard comes with brown switches that are most convenient for office and gamers. Brown switches have the edge over the blue switches because they have more tactility and faster double tap but low audibility. The special 8-degree ergonomic design allows playing from multiple directions and also prevents arm restraining. Its super cool RGB backlights are an interesting addition. You can customize the lights as it offers eight monochrome and one full color backlight mode as well.
- Lesser number of keys
- Can connect to three devices at a time via Bluetooth
- Comes with a Bluetooth 3.0 chipset
- Functions with Windows/macOS/Android systems
- 1450 mAh battery lasts for up to 8 hours
- Brown switches replace blue switches
- Special 8-degree ergonomic design
- It contains eighteen RGB Backlight mode – eight monochrome and one full color backlight mode
- Special 8-degree ergonomic design prevents arm restraining
- Multiple backlight options allow creative customization
- The wireless feature allows portability
- 1450 mAh battery is long-lasting, allowing for longer playing sessions
- Brown switches have more tactility and double-tap speed best for control in games
- Quite expensive
The RK Royal Kludge RK61 RGB 60% Mechanical Keyboard is the most advanced wireless keyboard. You may find it a bit pricy, but its features are probably among the best you can find.
Motospeed 60% Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
Motospeed 60% Mechanical Gaming Keyboard is fine, thin, and extremely lightweight. Its small size takes up lesser space and makes it portable. It is wireless with Bluetooth 3.0 that allows it to connect with multiple devices at a time. Its 1300mAh battery gives it an amazing battery time of 10 hours. Additionally, it can also be switched on/off to conserve battery when it is not in use. This feature ensures 480 hours standby period.
This keyboard also contains high-quality double-shot keycaps that are remarkably durable. It comes in with 19 different type of LED backlighting effects that allows customization. Moreover, its special full N-key rollover and anti-ghost key technology gives each 61 keys individual operation and permits multiple key functions at a time. The special ergonomic design makes it convenient for long hours of gaming sessions. It is completely suitable for Windows 10/8/7/XP, macOS X, and even Windows Vista.
- Made from light-weighted material
- Wireless and has Bluetooth 3.0 connectivity
- Can also connect it via USB
- 1300mAh battery offers up to 10 hours of battery time
- Amazing 480 hours of standby time
- 19 types of backlight effects
- Smart ergonomic design
- Efficient full N-key rollover and anti-ghost key technology
- Compatible with Windows 10/8/7/XP, macOS X, and Windows Vista
- Double-shot injection molded keycaps
- The small, lightweight, and thin body makes it travel-friendly and saves space
- Double-shot injection molded keycaps are very durable
- Full N-key rollover and anti-ghost key technology make it suitable for gamers
- 1300mAh battery that offers up to 10 hours of battery timing makes it ideal for long sessions
- 480 hours of standby period makes it a great portable option
- It does not work with PS4 and XBOX
- It does not come with a separate number gaming keypad
The Motospeed 60% Mechanical Gaming Keyboard could be the best option for the ones looking for extremely portable and wireless keyboards. It permits long hours of untroubled gaming sessions and also the best for typists. It offers more than its price.
Razer Huntsman Mini 60% Gaming Keyboard
Razer Huntsman Mini 60% Gaming Keyboard is a highly advanced and durable keyboard. It comes in with Razer Optical Switches that functions at the speed of light with advanced infra-red light technology. They allow actuation at a distance of 1.5 mm instead of physical touch.
It has a high-quality aluminum covering and PBT keycaps that make it extremely long-lasting and provide maximum resistivity for lengthy uses. The smart Razer Hypershift allows multiple complex commands from a single key. Different lighting presets allow customization without any software.
- It has fast-paced Razer Optical Switches
- Advance PBT keycaps
- It comes in with a Type-C USB port for connectivity
- Tough aluminum covering
- Smart Razer Hypershift
- Built-in lighting presets
- Razer Optical Switches enables all quick commands
- PBT keycaps are long-lasting and durable
- Aluminum covering increase resistivity
- Smart Razer Hypershift allows multiple complex functions
- Built-in lighting presets allow customization
- It is not wireless
- Not feasible for traveling
- It does not have an ergonomic design for comfortable gameplay
The Razer Huntsman Mini 60% Gaming Keyboard is built on the latest technology. It has the fastest actuation that can be very important for an addictive gamer. It can be very expensive in your pocket, but its features are worth it.
Redragon K530 Draconic 60% Compact Mechanical Keyboard
Redragon K530 Draconic comes in with 61 keys as per its latest TKL design. This feature makes it small and travel-friendly. It can connect with various devices, including laptops, phones, and tablets, with its Bluetooth 5.0 chipset. It is wireless with 3000mAh of long-lasting battery.
This keyboard has a Dual Mode Switch that can covert the operation from the wired to wireless version. It comes in with a Type-C USB port. Its brown switches are very durable and tactile; they are almost inaudible when clicked. Furthermore, its RGB LED Backlights have up to 13 lighting presets that permit desirable customization options. The smart functional side-printed keys allow multiple complex commandments.
- Based on TKL design
- Up to 3000mAh of long-lasting battery
- Wireless, with Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity
- Can connect with laptop, phone, and tablet also
- Connects with a Type-C USB port
- It comes with brown switches
- 13 lighting presets
- Can switch from wired to wireless mode
- Occupies less space, portable and travel-friendly
- Up-to 13 lighting presets allow desirable customization
- Brown switches are tactile and inaudible
- Side-printed keys allows multiple functioning
- It does not work for Mac
- USB cable is only 60 inches long
The Redragon K530 Draconic 60% Compact Mechanical Keyboard is a good option if you are on a budget. It has simple features and all functions that a basic 60% keyboard has. It is a good choice if you are a gamer or a typist.
KEMOVE 61 Snowfox 60% Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
KEMOVE 61 Snowfox Keyboard is an efficient wireless keyboard with Bluetooth 5.1 connectivity. It is fully compatible with Windows, iOS, and Mac systems, and it can connect with up to three devices. It comes with amazing battery time that makes it portable. Its mechanical switches can be easily replaced by some of the famous switches like Cherry, Gateron, Kailh, and TTC.
The PBT double-shot keycaps are more durable and grime resistant. They transmit more light than ABS keycaps that improves the backlighting effects. KEMOVE software also allows the remapping of keys and multiple commandments. It offers 16 million colors and unlimited customization options.
- Has Bluetooth 5.1 connectivity
- Can connect with three devices at one time
- Compatible with Windows, iOS, Mac systems
- PBT double-shot injection keycaps
- KEMOVE software
- Different 16 million lighting effect
- PBT double-shot injection keycaps are oil-resistant and durable
- KEMOVE Software allow remapping of keys that increase the functionality
- Different 16 million lighting effect allow multiple customization ideas
- Mechanical switches can be replaced
- Not built on ergonomic design
The KEMOVE 61 Snowfox 60% Mechanical Gaming Keyboard is a simple wireless keyboard with basic functions. Hence, it is quite affordable, and you can definitely buy it for gaming or typing purposes. It does not come in with extraordinary features but can be a good addition to your system.
DIERYA DK61E 60% Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
DIERYA DK61E 60% Mechanical Gaming Keyboard is specially designed in a smaller size that takes up lesser space and allows more movement while playing. It has PBT double-shot keycaps that are extremely durable and oil resistant. It is extremely waterproof, meaning that you can freely enjoy food and drinks while working without worrying about rendering it unusable if you accidentally spill something.
Its smart ABS construction makes it extremely sturdy. Moreover, its 8-degree ergonomic design prevents wrist strain and fatigue during long gaming sessions. Its hot-swapped Gateron Optical switches are very fast-paced, and they are also easy to replace without soldering.
- Small size
- PBT double-shot keycaps
- Hot-swappable Gateron Optical switches
- ABS build
- Ergonomic design
- It is easy to clean since it is waterproof
- The ergonomic design makes it comfortable to use
- PBT double-shot keycaps are durable and oil-resistant
- Hot-swapped Gateron Optical switches are replaceable and fast
- Good-quality ABS build makes it durable
- Comes without a number pad
- It is not wireless
- It is only compatible with optical keys
The DIERYA DK61E 60% Mechanical Gaming Keyboard offers more than its price suggests. It is extremely durable, and its optical switches are the most desirable feature for any gamer. You should go for it if you need a fast-paced and durable keyboard.
BOYI 61 Keys Mini 60% Keyboard
BOYI 61 Keys Mini Keyboard is a very colorful, small-sized, and lightweight keyboard that takes up lesser space. It has a smart 4-degree ergonomic design that prevents wrist strain and fatigue and adds comfort. Additionally, it works with Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10, and macOS.
Its high-quality PBT thermal sublimation keycaps are highly durable and resistant to oil and dirt. Furthermore, it has anti-ghosting technology that allows the multi-functioning of keys and complex commands. You can add up to 16.8 million different customization options for RGB lights from its library or online. It has a Type-C USB port
- High-quality PBT thermal sublimation keycaps
- Suitable for Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10, and macOS
- Anti-Ghosting technology
- Smart 4-degree ergonomic design
- PBT thermal sublimation keycaps are durable
- Small-sized and hence light-weighted
- Anti-Ghosting technology allows multi-functioning of the keys
- 4 degrees ergonomic design is very comfortable
- Up-to 16.8 million different customization options
- It is not wireless
- Not portable
The BOYI 61 Keys Mini 60% Keyboard is a vibrant addition to your system. You can play with RGB lights for customization. At the same time, its advanced features make it worth its price.
MageGee TS91 Mini 60% Gaming/Office Keyboard
MageGee TS91 Mini 60% Gaming/Office Keyboard is a very simple, small-sized, and compact keyboard for office and gaming purposes; it saves up maximum space and is travel-friendly. Furthermore, it is highly waterproof, which makes it easy to clean. It works well with Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, or Windows XP, alongside macOS.
The scientific stair-up keycap positions your keyboard at a comfortable angle. It has seven different colors with eight RGB lighting effects that widen customization options.
- Small size and lightweight
- Comes in with seven colors with eight RGB lighting effects
- Scientific stair-up keycap
- Waterproof circuit board
- Works well with Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP, and macOS
- Small size and light weight makes it portable
- Seven different colors with eight RGB lighting effects allow customization
- It is waterproof thus easy to clean
- Scientific stair-up keycap adds comfort for the users
- It is not wireless
- It does not have smart features like anti-ghosting
The MageGee TS91 Mini 60% Gaming/Office Keyboard is a very simple keyboard without any complex features. Hence, it is very inexpensive – one of the best choices if you are on a tight budget.
Happy Hacking Keyboard Professional2
Happy Hacking Keyboard Professional2 is a very durable keyboard with high-quality PBT keycaps that are oil and dust-resistant and last longer. The dye sublimation technique will never allow fading off of letters. It has a very sleek and compact design with contoured keys that allow subtle and smooth hand movements.
It has Topre capacitive switches that have maximum tactility and require very subtle key pressing to record a keystroke. Moreover, it has a satisfying bouncy feel and precise touch. It also comes in with DIP switches that permit the multi-functioning of the keys and complicated commands. It has an ergonomic design to prevent finger fatigue and wrist straining.
- High-quality Topre capacitive switches
- Very compact and sleek design
- Dust and oil-resistant PBT keycaps
- DIP switches
- Smart ergonomic design
- High-quality Topre capacitive switches are very precise
- Dust and oil-resistant PBT keycaps make it easy to clean and convenient to use
- DIP switches allow the variable function of keys
- The ergonomic design makes it comfortable to use
- Contoured keys and compact design allow smooth movement
- It does not have RGB, which limits personalization
- It is not wireless
The Happy Hacking Keyboard Professional2 keyboard is the best for the ones who seek minimalistic looks. On the other hand, it can be very boring for the one who wants customization and glowing RGB lights. It is a choice that totally depends on your taste.
Vortexgear Pok3r Gaming Keyboard is highly durable and contains a strong aluminum case and PBT keycaps for maximum resistivity. Keycaps are laser etched to prevent wearing off. It works with Windows XP / 7 / Vista / 10, macOS, and Linux systems. Additionally, it contains DIP switches to switch between settings and different layouts.
It comes in with advanced anti-ghosting and N-key rollover modes for multi-functioning and variable commands. Moreover, it has three different layouts: QWERTY, Dvorak, and Colemak. Cherry MX-Clear keys have high tactility, resistance, and no audible clicking sound. Lastly, it contains a detachable USB cable to increases portability.
- Contains three different layouts: QWERTY, Dvorak, Colemak
- Anti-ghosting and N-key rollover mode
- Laser-etched PBT keycaps
- Durable aluminum frame
- Works with Windows XP / 7 / Vista / 10, macOS, and Linux
- Detachable USB cable
- Cherry MX switches
- DIP switches
- Cherry MX-Clear keys have high tactility
- DIP switches allow switching between different settings
- PBT keycaps are extremely durable
- The durable aluminum frame makes it very strong
- No RGB lighting
- It is not wireless
- Lacks ergonomic design
The is a very suitable choice for minimalistic looks and advanced features. It is quite expensive but definitely worth your money.
What To Look for When a Choosing 60% Mechanical Keyboard
Choosing the best 60 percent keyboard might get a bit confusing when there are many options to choose from. But things get pretty easier when you exactly know what you need in your product and what you expect from it. These few parameters will help you decide the best keyboard for your system. Make sure to check all these important features before choosing to buy a 60% mechanical keyboard!
Wired vs. Wireless
When choosing a keyboard, you have two options to choose from: wired or wireless. Wired keyboards come with a USB cable, and wireless ones have a Bluetooth connection. Both of them have minor pros and cons. You can connect wireless keyboards to multiple devices at a time, including phones, laptops, or computers. They are also portable and easy to carry around.
On the other hand, wired ones are not portable but definitely offer a secure connection with the help of a cable. Now, this problem is also resolved as wireless keyboards can also be connected via a USB cable. If you’re not a fan of wires, then you may prefer the wireless option. But keep in mind that wired options are better for some tasks as they may offer a faster response.
Mechanical switches are the mechanism that registers a keystroke; they are present underneath the keys. They vary in the form of tactility, sound, and feel. There are three types of switches present: linear, clicky, and tactile. Linear switches are the simple ones without any noise or bump. They register smooth keystrokes and are quite suitable for gamers. Tactile switches have a bump in the center whenever you press them. They are ideal if you are a typist and want noticeable signaling of a keypress. Clicky switches are the same as tactile ones in functionality, but they have a clicking noise when you presser them.
Many brands are manufacturing mechanical switches these days. The oldest brand in the market is Cherry MX; their quality, actuation speed, and tactility have remained the same, but many brands like Gateron or Kailh have challenged them. Gateron switches have more tactile feedback and high-speed actuation. Kailh took over the market by introducing Razer switches; they have great tactile feedback and are almost soundless. Also, they have greater speed and require less force for actuation.
Mechanical keyboards offer two types of keycaps: ABS or PBT material. ABS keycaps are lightweight. Thus, they make your keyboard easy to carry around and enhance portability. They are not as durable as their shape might deform over time. Also, ABS keycaps become shiny over time, indicating prolonged usage.
On the other hand, PBT keycaps are more oil and dust-resistant. They are also more sturdy, meaning that they have a lesser chance of losing their shape. But PBT keycaps are more expensive. If you really don’t want to compromise on quality, PBT keycaps are the ones you should go for.
Basic Key Features
These are the basic key features that deliver you a superb gaming experience. When choosing a keyboard, first decide which of the features are essential for your usage scenario. Then, try to ensure that you buy a product that provides those features within your budget. If you do that successfully, you will have the ultimate experience with your new 60% mechanical keyboard.
- Ergonomic design is a special design that fits the people who use them. In keyboards, ergonomic design is specialized for the gamers or typists who spend long hours in front of their computer screens. It minimizes muscle fatigue or wrist strain while engaging in long gameplay sessions.
- Hot-swappable switches are the ones that you can replace with new ones on the spot or when the computer is already on. Hence, they do not need soldering to replace. You simply remove the old ones and put the new ones. Many of the latest keyboards come with this feature. It makes it easier to remove dysfunctional switches, thus increasing longevity. Theoretically, you can expect a keyboard with this feature to last for several years.
- N-key rollover and anti-ghosting features are the latest features that allow individual recognition of each key even if you press multiple keys at a time. This feature will enable you to make complex commands and increase the accuracy level.
Plastic or Aluminum Case
When choosing a keyboard, you will have two choices: plastic and aluminum. When looking at plastic cases, you should know that they are usually made from ABS material, which is a much cheaper material. Thus, you can buy these keyboards are a relatively low price. Additionally, they are also easy to manufacture and mold. However, they are not very sturdy or durable. Some people also find them to be very noisy.
An aluminum case is the best choice for people who like a more heavy and sturdy feel. They are obviously more durable and long-lasting as compared to plastic. You need to make sure the aluminum case is anodized so that it remains unaffected by rust. However, with quality comes a greater price; almost always, aluminum cases will be more costly than plastic ones.
Having many options to choose from becomes mind-boggling at times, and you might end up confused and indecisive at the end. To make your task easier, we have not only given you a list of the best keyboards but also listed our top recommendations that possess all the praise-worthy features.
The keyboard that wins the title for the best is Razer Huntsman Mini 60% Gaming Keyboard. It has the fastest Razer Optical Switches, highly durable PBT keycaps, and a tough aluminum cover for resistance. Overall, it has everything you need for the ultimate gaming experience. Its multiple lighting presets allow you maximum customization. It is indeed a bit pricy, but the features are worth every penny.
Motospeed 60% Mechanical Gaming Keyboard is the runner-up on our list. This is a wireless keyboard with Bluetooth connectivity that makes it travel-friendly. It comes with outstanding, latest features like full N-key rollover and anti-ghosting. It widens the options for customization with it 19 different backlight effects. You can also be sure of its longevity and durability due to its ABS construction. Overall, it is best for its price!
Best Value for Money
The keyboard that offers the best in the most reasonable price range is the RK Royal Kludge RK61 keyboard. It has almost all the latest features you can ask for, including wireless connectivity, many different backlight effects to choose from, and high-quality blue switches that are the highlights of this product. Moreover, it is the best for its price and extraordinarily durable. If you are on a strict budget at this time, we highly recommend this option.
All the best options for keyboards are in your hands right now. We hope you will choose the best one for yourself with our precise buying guide. This list will help you compare the best of the keyboards in terms of price, features, and quality so that you can select the one that suits you the most.
Leave a Reply