Table of Contents
- Our Top Picks: 10 Best 3D Printer for Jewelry
- What To Look for When Choosing a 3D Printer for Jewelry
3D printers have taken the world by storm. There are several types of these printers, and they serve in different niches. These masterpieces of technology have made their way in all fields, and jewelry is no exception. These printers are a great resource for jewelry lovers.
Jewelry is always considered a sign of class, beauty, tradition, style, and power. Its making is widespread across the globe since a very long time ago. Hence, the methods of making jewelry are also countless. But nowadays, the most popular, quick, and efficient method of making jewelry is 3D printing.
For this purpose of manufacturing jewelry, 3D printers have a unique design, keeping in view all the requirements to process the printing of high-end jewelry. You can create high-quality, vibrant, and flawless jewelry using 3D printers, which is often not easily possible by using traditional methods.
There are a lot of 3D printers present in the market that you can use for printing jewelry. However, choosing one according to your needs is often difficult. Hence, we have compiled a review of the ten best 3D printers for jewelry. After doing in-depth research and going through the reviews of consumers, we formulated this list to make it easy for you to find the ideal product.
Our Top Picks: 10 Best 3D Printer for Jewelry
This product is one of the best 3D printers for making jewelry. Hence, it is a reliable and economical choice among the SLA 3D printers. The Form 2 Printer is a great treat for professionals because it has great power and the potential to create complex and exclusive designs.
Designing jewelry, prototypes, and dentures are just the start. Due to its ability to print in small batches, it can work for many other niches. Like FDM printers, managing temperature, filaments, and extruders is no more an issue because this SLA printer provides steady quality.
Being practical, no product is perfect. No doubt the Form 2 3D printer has great features and various inbuilt capabilities, but it also has some limitations.
- Unlike FFF printers, the resin is filled automatically in Form 2.
- There is no need to keep the printer connected with the PC during printing.
- PreForm software is present.
- There is an included wiper system.
- The smart support structure is one of the unique features of this printer.
- It has a build volume of 1.45 x 1.45 x 1.75 cm.
- It provides a resolution of up to 0.025 mm.
- The printer weighs about 13 kg.
- Various connectivity options: Wi-Fi network, USB, Ethernet for connection with PCs
- You can heat it to 35C by using auto heating technology.
If quality matters to you more than anything else, the Formlabs Form 2 printer is among the best options. However, if you are looking for something as a hobbyist, this is not the ideal product because its price range only suits those working for a goal as professionals. Moreover, it is not the fastest SLA printer, but it is still better than most of its contenders. Now the choice is yours.
This product is one of the most economical 3D printers for jewelry, providing great quality as well. It is perfect for hobbyists and beginners who do not want to spend hundreds of dollars on 3D printers. So, in simple words, it is the best budget option to start your printing jewelry adventure.
It is easy to set up and has a manual bed leveling system, which is not complicated at all. It comes in an almost assembled form, so it requires virtually no effort to assemble. You’ll find that this printer also has many extra features.
- Its software is straightforward to use, setup, and level.
- The process of cleaning and setup is manual.
- It has a well-structured frame and a windowed front door.
- Touch screen interference is present.
- Its build volume is small but still enough for jewelry printing.
- It offers a resolution of 0.025 mm.
- Its max build volume is 4.52 x 2.56 x 6.1 inches.
- Photosensitive resin (405 nm) is used as printing material.
- Its gross weight is 9.5 kg.
- It utilizes USB connectivity.
The Anycubic Photon printer’s low cost covers all its demerits. Remember, there is a lot of difference between being inexpensive and cheap. This printer is inexpensive, not cheap. Overall, this product is great for printing small items like jewelry. You can learn so many things while using this printer, and this experience will help you when you advance to a more expensive printer.
It is an FDM 3D printer that can produce detailed designs. It is not as precise as SLA printers, but its products can compete with those formed by SLA printers.
Hence, it is a great choice for professionals because it is super in making jewelry and other 3D models. It comes in an assembled form, so it is ready to go immediately after plugging in.
- It has a generous build volume.
- You can use different types of filaments, such as plastic blended with wood or metal.
- It includes a swappable nozzle extruder, which is proficient in layer resolution of 20 microns.
- Its build volume is 8.7 x 8.7 x 8.07 inches.
- The filaments supported by this printer are ABS, PLA, and CPE.
- The diameter of its filament is 2.85 mm.
- It is a single extruder printer.
- Available connectivity options are USB and SDcard slot.
- Its weight is 11 kg.
The Ultimaker 2+ printer is suitable for printing jewelry but can perform other functions, making it a perfect choice. It can help you create unique designs by using several types of filaments, for example, exotic blended filaments. Its price is a bit high, but compared to SLA printers, it’s nothing.
When it comes to learning the process of 3D printing jewelry and experimenting, Creality Ender 3 Pro is an excellent choice because it will not break your bank. Ender 3 Pro is a very budget-friendly printer and allows you to print your favorite pieces of jewelry with great ease.
It is a super home 3D printer fortified with a wider Y-axis. Moreover, it offers a more dependable brand power supply. Additionally, its thermal runaway protection ensures a safer working environment.
- It is an open-source printer but extremely rigid due to the aluminum frame.
- Its upgraded extrusion design greatly reduces the risk of the clogged nozzle and bad extrusion.
- It has a removable build surface plate.
- It comes in a semi-assembled form.
- In case of an unexpected power outage, printing resumes from the last recorded position.
- The dimensions of the Ender 3 Pro are 20.94 x 15.04 x 7.91 inches.
- Its print volume is 22 x 22 x 25 cm.
- The size of its nozzle is 0.4 mm, while that of its filament is 1.75 mm.
- It provides a layer resolution of 100-400 microns.
- The available connectivity option is an SDcard.
As we said earlier, Ender 3 Pro is a perfect choice if your budget is low and you don’t want to spend thousands of dollars. As it is an FDM printer, it can perform other functions as well in addition to printing high-quality jewelry. Hence, you can enjoy this full range of features on a small budget.
Sindoh 3DWOX DP200 is not for a tinkerer. You should not consider this amazing piece if you are looking for something adjustable. It suits professionals well as it is a hefty investment of money. This printer is high on the budget, but you will not regret buying it.
This printer has so many compatible features that overcome its high price tag. Sindoh 3D WOX DP200 has been the Red Dot Design award winner. It has a complete closed box design that adds to its beauty and provides practical purpose. A filter is present on the rear of the box to mitigate the effect of harmful fumes. Hence, it is a perfect piece for printing jewelry.
- It has many automatic features; for example, the facility of automatic loading and unloading of filament.
- This printer provides you with an assisted leveling system.
- Its 5-inch LCD, color touch screen, and internal monitoring cameras allow remote viewing.
- Several connectivity options are available such as Ethernet, Wi-Fi, USB flash, USB cable, etc.
- It is an FFF single extruder printer.
- Its max build area is 200 x 200 x 185 mm.
- The diameter of its nozzle is 0.4 mm, and the diameter of its filament is 1.75 mm.
- The thickness of its layer is 0.4-0.5 mm.
The Sindoh 3DWOX DP200 printer has all the features required for excellent 3D printing. Its automatic features, remote monitoring, and assistance provided in bed leveling make it worth buying. Buy this 3D printer with full faith. You will not regret it.
The Zortrax Inkspire is a desktop resin 3D printer based on the technology of UV LCD. Hence, it can easily fit on any source. Zortrax Inkspire is perfectly designed for all those applications which require superior accuracy. Multiple flawless prints are guaranteed.
It is a smart choice for producing small but precise pieces of jewelry. It is one of the fastest 3D resin printers without compromise on print quality. Moreover, it has many salient features.
- It uses UV LCD technology, eight times faster and nine times more precise than simple SLA 3D printers.
- This printer has minimal layer height and extreme precision.
- It maintains its constant high speed and is capable of scalable production.
- Many connectivity options are available such as USB, Wi-Fi, and Ethernet.
- It has a build volume of 2.9 x 5.2 x 6.9 inches.
- Its print speed is 20-36 mm/h.
- The thickness of its layer can be 25, 50, or 100 microns.
- The size of its single pixel is 0.05 mm.
- The weight of this device is 20.3 lbs.
- The temperature at which this device operates is 20-30C.
The Zortrax Inkspire is a smart choice for professionals. Keeping in view its price and capabilities, it is worth buying. It is efficient enough to create accurate, precise, and detailed designs. So it is a great option, and you will not regret it.
Among other SLA printers, XYZprinting Nobel 1.0 is an affordable option. It is a superb option for artists and designers who want to print small pieces with high precision.
This printer has a straightforward and simple design, which is efficient in creating spotless models with sufficient details. It gives strong competition to other expensive FDM printers. The users have appreciated this upgraded version due to the enhancements made to it. It is a smart choice as the print quality is no less than any other expensive SLA printer.
- It uses the advanced technology of stereolithography 3D printing.
- Auto-refilling of the tank is a great feature. There is no more need to add the liquid resin continuously.
- It uses ultraviolet lasers to cure photopolymer resins.
- Faster orientation and printing speed, build support generation, and simpler slicing are all key features.
- It has a build volume of 5 x 5 x 7.9 inches.
- It has a resolution power of 25, 50, and 100 microns.
- You can use vast types of printing materials, such as standard, castable, flexible, tough, and rigid resin.
- This printer uses SLA technology, so it only prints photosynthetic resins.
- The printing is mono-colored.
XYZprinting Nobel 1.0 is one of the most affordable printers. It is easy to operate, and you can build various amazing models of jewelry.
SLA 3D printers are very efficient in printing jewelry, and the Longer Orange 10 3D printer is one of them. It is an ultraviolet LCD resin 3D printer. Fast proprietary slicer, touch screen, and smart support generation add to its worth.
It’s highly affordable, so you can get one as your first 3D printer. Do not judge the printing quality based on the price of the printer. Many cheap products have excellent quality, and Longer Orange 10 is one of them.
- This is an ultraviolet light curing LCD 3D printer.
- It comes in the pre-assembled form and is easy to setup.
- LCD printers are more precise than FDM printers, so this printer’s precision quality is also high.
- Parallel LED lighting improves print quality.
- It has a full touch screen display, which makes it convenient to use.
- Its metal body provides strong adhesion.
- It has a build volume of 118 x 66 x 190 mm and provides a layer thickness of 0.01-0.1 mm.
- It has a 2.8-inch colored touch screen.
- For connectivity, it utilizes USB.
- Its weight is 8.3 kg.
Many printers offer quality. However, the Longer Orange 10 promises good quality at a reasonable price. This printer is perfect due to several features such as a sturdy design, temperature alert system, and great accuracy. It is a smart choice for creating comprehensive prints of jewelry.
This is a high-resolution printer with a full metal body. It consists of aluminum, which adds to its strength. It provides superiority and performance, just like a professional machine.
Furthermore, its price is very reasonable compared to its features and quality. Therefore, it is a superb choice for both beginners and enthusiasts.
- This printer comes with the latest version of CHITUBOX.
- The 3.5-inch touch screen display provides you with easy offline printing.
- Its unique industrial style allows you to start printing after just five minutes of assembly.
- It is extremely fast as CHITUBOX requires only one minute to slice 30 MB .stl model files.
- It has a build volume of 11.98 x 6.8 x 15.4 cm.
- The printer utilizes an ultraviolet integrated light source of wavelength 405 nm.
- The thickness of its layer is 0.01-0.2 mm.
- Its printing speed is 2.25 cm/h.
- It provides a resolution of 0.047 mm along the XY axis.
The Elegoo Mars UV Photocuring LCD printer is perfect for printing jewelry. It is available with all awesome features at an affordable price. So don’t waste your time pondering. Go and get one for yourself.
Qidi Tech Shadow 5.5S is an LCD resin 3D printer. It has a perfect industrial design and some amazing features. Additionally, it provides a charming and high-quality working experience. Its specs resemble Anycubic Photon 3D printer.
This printer is designed and crafted with great care and attention. It also provides a great user experience. Additionally, it is user-friendly and suitable for printing jewelry.
- This printer has a unique dual-rail and fixed double slider with four optical axes.
- It utilizes a high-strength tempered glass integrated into a 2k LCD screen.
- There is an air filtration system in it.
- It has a build volume of 115 x 65 x 150 mm.
- It provides a resolution of 0.047 mm along the XY axis.
- Ultra-violet LED of wavelength 405 nm is the light source.
- It utilizes a USB pen drive as a connectivity source.
- The thickness of its layer is 0.025-0.2 mm.
The Qidi Tech Shadow 5.5S printer has all the great qualities like any other high-end printer. It contributes to many fields other than jewelry casting. Hence, it is a popular choice among users. Furthermore, its sleek design and impressive specifications make it worth buying.
What To Look for When Choosing a 3D Printer for Jewelry
This question needs a detailed answer as well as your attention. 3D printers are not something you can buy for 100 dollars. It is an expensive product that can cost thousands of dollars, so you have to think hard before buying one. There are some constant factors you should keep in your mind before choosing a 3D printer for jewelry. We explain these factors below.
Precision and Accuracy
Accuracy matters the most in jewelry-making because jewelry is all about a detailed design. An inaccurate design can ruin your entire look. So, never give up on accuracy while choosing a 3D printer for jewelry.
This is an important factor if you want to print in bulk. 3D printers should be efficient enough to meet market demands. While casting jewelry, the printer should be efficient enough to provide more output in less time. So, keep that in mind while purchasing.
Keep in view that post-processing steps to enhance the surface finish of printed jewelry would run you in extra cost and time. Always prefer a printer that manufactures a product with a viable surface finish or needs little post-processing steps.
Color printing is better than a simple one. It enhances the appearance and can get you more customers. Mono color printing is also good, but color printing attracts the market more.
Formlabs Form 2 is the winner overall. It is economical, as well as reliable. Additionally, it has all the great features such as decent build volume, high resolution, and perform software. It is user-friendly and suitable for both professionals and beginners.
Ultimaker 2+ is the runner-up of our list. It is the best choice among FDM printers. They are capable of manufacturing expanded and detailed designs.
Best Value for Money
Anycubic Photon is a good value for money. It is a smart choice if you want to learn 3D printing. It has all the fancy features and can provide you with efficient and accurate designs.
The right equipment matters a lot in doing something right. Today, 3D printers have taken the market by storm, and it has become very difficult to choose one according to your need and desire. Keeping in view all the factors, we have provided you with a list of some best printers so that you can make a good decision. Best of luck!