Table of Contents
- What Printer has the Longest Lasting Ink Cartridges?
- The 5 Best Printers with Longest Lasting Ink Cartridge
- What to Look for When Choosing a Printer with Longest Lasting Ink Cartridge?
- Final Words
Over the years, technological advancements have taken the world by storm. The past few decades have seen an absolute tsunami of new devices being introduced, providing ease of task performance and efficacy. One such human-made creation is the computer, which gradually replaced manual labor and became a staple part of offices and now even homes. Documentation started being done on computers, and the next step was to convert those documents into physical form somehow. This is where printers were introduced as a device for transferring words, numbers, pictures, and other such data onto a piece of paper.
Latest update on 2022-11-19 | Images | Affiliate links from Amazon Product Advertising API
Printers are needed by everyone, from students to office workers to hospital staff and many others. Printers for official use may need to be more efficient in speed and print quality than those at home. With so many options to choose from, choosing the right one may be a crucial task. But the one important feature on which this decision lies is the ink cartridge of a printer and how long it lasts. The ink cartridge is a device in the printer where ink for printing is stored, and the longer it lasts, the more efficient a printer is said to be.
What Printer has the Longest Lasting Ink Cartridges?
The most important question most people ask is how long their ink cartridge should last. However, there is no specific answer to how long your ink cartridge is supposed to last as this mainly depends on a number of factors such as:
The cartridge’s size
the larger the cartridge, the more ink can be stored, and the more it will last.
If you’re using a high-quality printer, the printer type will use more ink to print high definition pictures, and hence the cartridge will be empty faster.
if you are using the printer for official use, where thousands of prints are taken every day, your cartridge is bound to exhaust sooner than if used for occasional home use.
Number of colors used
using different colors while printing also empties up the cartridge sooner.
Damaged printer or cartridge
if somehow your cartridge starts leaking or your printer isn’t working properly, you may lose more ink, and the cartridge will empty quicker.
Font type and size
if you’re typing in larger fonts, the printer will use more ink to print them.
So as all these factors vary from printer to printer, the days your cartridge will last also vary. Which is why calculating the specific number of days a cartridge will last is tough to estimate.
The 5 Best Printers with Longest Lasting Ink Cartridge
Even though the factors on which the cartridge ink longevity depends vary, everyone prefers a printer that has a longer-lasting cartridge. We have compiled the top 5 printers with long-lasting cartridges.
Epson Expression ET-2750
It is a newer introduction in printing technology with a sleek black color and eye-catching design. The printer has wireless technology and a large ink tank that comes with pre-loaded ink for two years. The printer comes with a revolutionary technology that accounts for high quality, efficient printing. It is a great product for anyone looking to print large numbers of documents with great quality. This printer is also the way to go if you’re looking for something that is cost and paper efficient as it saves up to 50% paper through automatic two-sided printing, perfect for office-based documents.
- Black in color
- Four color inkjet technology
- 5760 x 1440 maximum print resolution
- Comes with black, magenta, cyan, and yellow ink bottles
- Ink tank is in the box as well
- Saves up to 50% power
- Has a 2-sided printing facility
- Can be set up with windows system 2003 to 2016
- Has up to 2 years of ink supply with the purchase
- Helps save up to 80% energy
- Can connect wirelessly to several devices
- Has a warranty of 2 years
- Can print up to 6500 black pages and 2500 colored pages with filled-in ink tank
- It is expensive than other printers
- Might be a little difficult to understand at first
The Epson Expression ET-2750 printer is a new technology in the field of printing with wireless connectivity for efficient printing. The ink that comes with the box is an excellent feature of the printer. It will provide high-quality prints with lesser ink usage.
HP Officejet Pro 9150
It is a white and black sleek designed modern printer with modern technology that syncs it with e-books and google drive. An app for the printer is also available, giving you the ability to control the printing via your cell phone on the go. It is smaller than other printers and takes up less space but is highly efficient compared to the others. It is of great use in offices where there is a workload, and more efficacy in task performance is needed. It offers wireless connectivity but with the added benefit of built-in security in the form of passwords, encryption, document protection, and the like, which is a feature not seen in other modern-day printers.
- It is white
- It has both wired and wireless connectivity
- It works as a printer, fax, scanner, and copier
- The print resolution is 4800 x 1200 for colored prints and 1200 x 1200 for black prints
- It yields 1000 black prints and 700 colored prints
- Has 2-sided paper feeding mechanism
- Helps save up to 50% ink by efficient printing
- Has a USB port for printing files stored in your flash
- It has a color print speed of 18-colored pages per minute and 22-black print pages per minute
- Has a smaller size and lesser weight for easier handling
- Comes with four ink cartridges (both black and colored) when purchased
- Connects wirelessly with tons of devices and can be synced with google accounts as well
- Has a USB port for printing documents on the go
- Has a higher price than other printers
- Because the printer has wireless connectivity with several devices, it may cause a security threat, with files on each device being exposed to anyone who has access to the printer
The HP Officejet Pro 9150 printer is very compatible for printing on the go due to its smaller size, wireless connectivity, and USB port. It has a very good colored and black print resolution and comes with four ink cartridges, which last for a long time.
This printer is a black-colored device that is highly user-friendly and cost-effective as it can print 1200 colored pages for less than 15 dollars and 2400 black pages for 25 dollars. It also has special ink refill features that measure ink in the cartridge, and as soon as the ink levels drop low, it sends in a command for the ink to be refilled. It is also more efficient as the cartridges produce more prints per ink bottle than other printers in the market. It’s also great for scanning documents directly to and from your google drive, dropbox, iCloud or other accounts. The wi-fi and Bluetooth connectivity allow anyone to send a printing command anywhere in the office or home.
- 6000 x 1200 maximum printing resolution for both colored and black prints
- Has four individual ink tanks for each colored ink
- Has a paper tray capacity of 100 paper sheets and 20 photo papers
- Has an above-average picture quality
- It prints pages at a rate of 4.6 pages per minute
- It connects wirelessly to your laptops, cell phones, and tablets
- It is cheaper to operate and manage on a daily basis
- It is cheaper than most printers
- Has an above average printing quality for a lower price
- Has in-built ink cartridges with large volumes, thereby storing more amounts of ink
- Can be connected to any and all devices
- Printing speed is similar to the most expensive inkjet printers
- Has lower printing quality as compared to other high prices printers
- Can only store a small amount of paper in the tray at a time
The Brother MFC-J985DW is a very good option for anyone running a small business and has a great print load. This printer provides good quality printing with lower costs, both in terms of purchasing and running. The ink cartridges have a greater volume for storing ink, which lowers ink purchasing cost as well.
Canon Office and Business MX922
This printer is a very sleek looking black colored compact printer with a printing speed of 15 pages per minute. It also has an auto-duplexing feature, which makes for saving paper, ink, and power costs. It has four ink cartridges for black, yellow, magenta, and cyan ink, but its higher printing rate per minute and auto-duplex features saves up on ink, so the ink cartridges last longer. An interesting feature is its ability to take an HD screenshot of any video and print it in high quality, so you can capture moments even if you didn’t get to do it in real life. The printer also self-duplicates any photo or document to ensure you have a backup if the original print gets lost or damaged.
- It is an inkjet printer with a compact and modern design
- It can print black ink and colored ink pages in 21 seconds
- It has a print resolution of 9600 x 2400
- It can print CD, DVD, and Blu-ray designs along with plain paper
- It offers wireless connectivity with all types of electronic devices
- Can also print photos from a video frame recorded in your camera
- The plug-in cable allows direct connection to your computer, allowing even faster printing
- Has a paper tray capacity of 250 sheets of plain paper and 20 photo sheets
- Prints high-quality photos in less time
- Its auto-duplex feature saves time and cost
- Greater printing speed helps save ink
- Being compact, it helps save space
- It takes up to two minutes to print a document
- It doesn’t have a touch screen display
- It is slower in performance than other equally priced printers
The Canon Office and Business MX922 is a well-built device with an eye-catching design and provides a range of features, including some specific to it, such as auto-duplexing. However, it is a bit slow in performance and may take more time and money to run, but the prints’ quality makes up for those.
Epson Workforce ET-3750
It is a black colored small printer that offers printing and scanning but is not equipped to fax documents. It has auto-duplex printing, which saves up on cost and time. It comes with four ink bottles that can directly attach to the larger ink tank in the printer. It has wireless connectivity to your mail account, so you can print any documents in your inbox directly. It has auto-stop bottles with easy filling and ink replacement bottles that save up to 80% of ink costs.
- It has a print resolution of 4800 x 1200
- It provides print and scan function but not faxing
- Can be connected to devices wirelessly
- Has email connectivity
- Comes with four ink bottles that attach to the main ink tank
- The ink bottles have enough ink to print 11,200 pages
- Has an LCD for a better experience
- Has an ink capacity equal to 30 ink cartridges
- Can connect to email accounts
- Very low ink costs
- Good print quality
- Expensive than most printers
- Lacks a USB port
Even though the Epson Workforce ET-3750 is high in purchasing cost, it has a very low ink cost, hence serving as a good investment. It also has a high printing quality making it a good choice.
What to Look for When Choosing a Printer with Longest Lasting Ink Cartridge?
The following should be considered when looking for a printer that provides the longest lasting ink:
Look for printers that automatically record their ink usage and send out a command when it starts running low. If you are in an office setting with multiple people using the printer, this will help reduce the chance of running out of ink while printing important documents. Connecting the tracking system to several office computer systems will also help prevent any mishaps due to low ink.
Calculate the pages printed out of a single ink cartridge to determine if the ink’s cost relative to the page output is reasonable. A printer will be considered efficient and cost-effective only if the number of pages it prints per cartridge is high enough to meet ink’s cost. If you are buying ink cartridges at a high process but not getting enough prints out of it, it will be a waste of money.
Quality of the prints
It is a good investment if a printer provides high-quality prints for lower ink consumption. This is particularly important for colored prints and pictorial prints where even minute details make a large difference. The right color may be crucial in some official diagrams and pictures, along with being aesthetically pleasing. A good printer will use lesser ink (colored or black) and give you high-resolution prints.
Print volume per month
The volume of prints per month should be greater than that anticipated or required so that in case of an emergency or urgent need, your printer may not give up on you and has enough ink to print any extra material that may be needed.
The printer should be able to print a larger number of papers for lesser ink and power consumption. In today’s world, where everything has become power-efficient, why not choose a printer that saves power too? If you plan on keeping your printer plugged in the whole day because of the nature of your job or office settings, getting one that won’t spike up the bills is a must. These printers usually have inbuilt functions that shut them off or enable sleep mode when not in use and use lesser power when printing many papers.
The above-listed printers are all good and provide their own set of features and benefits. But the best one for low cost and the longest-lasting ink cartridge is the Brother MFC-J985DW as it has a very reasonable cost, high print yield, and very good quality for that amount of money. It can be perfect for small and large businesses where many prints are needed every day. It is a good investment for the long-term in the sense of money and long-lasting ink. The additional feature of automated ink tracking and refilling also makes it a favorite pick among the suggested printers.
Printers are now a necessity in both offices, big or small, and even homes. Choosing a suitable printer to cater to your needs is a tough task. Most people prefer printers with long-lasting inks to ensure a sound investment and to overgo the nuisance of buying ink and replacing the ink cartridges ever so often. We have listed the best printers in terms of longest lasting ink cartridges in the hopes that you will find one that best meets your needs.
Leave a Reply