Table of Contents
- What is a RC Dragster?
- The Features a RC Dragster
- Difference between an RC Dragster and a Normal RC Car
- The Top 5 Remote Control Dragster For Sale
- What to Look for When Choosing Remote Control Dragster?
- Final Verdict
- Final Words
Are you a huge fan of drag racing, but can’t afford to invest in a real drag car? We have a simple solution for you: Remote control dragsters. You can buy a miniature model version of your dream car without breaking the bank! As RC drag races gain popularity, this hobby toy market flourishes as newer and upgraded models are released.
In the world of RC dragsters, choices are abundant. Beginner-skill level cars are usually affordable, whereas advanced models tend to be expensive as they incorporate superior characteristics. The ranking depends on the brand, customer demand, customer reviews, and product features and specifications.
Choosing an RC vehicle from a myriad of models can be extremely difficult and exhausting. Lucky for you, we have done the research, so you can take your time and go through the best RC dragsters the world has to offer.
What is a RC Dragster?
An RC dragster is a specialized car, crafted for drag racing with model cars. They can be controlled from a distance by using a remote or transmitter.
Although they function like most electric or gas-powered cars, they’re designed specifically to be speedy and fast in movement, making them the ideal racing buddy. Nitro engines or high torque motors enable these dragsters to go faster than normal RC cars.
The Features a RC Dragster
There are two types of drag racing: on-road and off-road. On-road dragsters are designed specifically for an even, paved race track, which is typically about 132 feet or so. These cars typically feature long, inclined bodies with high torque motors. The huge slick tires on the backs of these cars, provide them with a smooth surface. These racing slicks are laced with a sticky glue-like substance that offers the traction required to race down the trail.
Similarly, Off-road dragsters feature bigger tires that use deep tread to produce extra traction on unpaved surfaces.
Typically, all remote controlled dragsters feature nitro engines or high torque motors which allow the car to speed down the track and enable wheel steering, and a receiver for obtaining radio waves from the transmitter.
Difference between an RC Dragster and a Normal RC Car
Even though they resemble toys, RC dragsters are sophisticated, highly technical sports cars, and they are often expensive. The main function being their speed, dragsters are equipped with components such as LiPo batteries, which prepare these cars for speed racing. The high-powered batteries increase the speed of the car.
Generally, normal RC cars are more affordable than advanced dragsters because they have fewer features. They’re less sturdy, whereas dragsters are modeled with materials such as aluminum alloys to make them durable and long-lasting. In addition, normal RC cars don’t have as much room for modifications as standard dragsters do. You would not require modifying a normal RC car anyway, but when it comes to dragsters, they’re all about modifications. Dragster kits allow you to design and create your own mini-vehicle.
The Top 5 Remote Control Dragster For Sale
This licensed official replica encapsulates the true excellence and beauty of the Ford GT, going up to the speed of 30 mph! It is a seriously impressive design. With the high-tech chassis, which includes an in-built interlocking mechanism, and a carefully modulated suspension pinning the wheels to the ground, this car provides maximum on-road performance.
Features and Specs
- It is a licensed Ford GT 1:10 scale replica body with a 4-Tec 2.0 4-wheel drive chassis. This high-end chassis keeps weight low for a more responsive feel. Its interlocking design promotes rigidness and allows simple maintenance. Moreover, the chassis utilizes a set support system to install gear mesh accurately.
- The XL-5 ESC features a fully waterproof design, a watertight receiver box, and thermal shutdown protection. This is essential when it comes to harsh weather such as rain and snow.
- The GT has an undertray that helps in decreasing drag and preventing snags on expansion joints. The wheels are held in place by a tuned suspension, enabling the car to be driven speedily.
- The car can maintain a great 30+ mph speed with a torquey Titan 12t motor, driving all four wheels.
- It comes with a typical TQi 2.4GHz radio system, comprising of model memory as well as advanced adjustment features
- The Traxxas Stability Management allows you to be in complete control of the car, without getting in the way of all the fun.
Traxxas is one of the most popular RC racing car manufacturers. Their Ford GT is intelligently and skilfully designed, making it enduring and speedy! It is overall a very alluring car.
The Italian Venom RC is a 1:16 scale race car designed after a high-performance exotic sports car: The Hennessey Venom GT. The car consists of functional lights, doors, and a very user-friendly remote control.
Features and Specs
- The car dimensions are 9″x 4.25″x 3.25″
- It is crafted with high-quality genuine polycarbonate, Lanex
- An electric motor generates power, which enables the wheels to move
- It comes with a rechargeable (400mAh) battery and a 27 MHz remote control, providing a range of 30-50ft. The remote has control over forward, back, right, left. It also controls the lights and door functions.
- The car features smooth lines, striking details, functional lights and doors, realistic engine sounds, and full steering controls, which bring it to life.
Drag racing is all about speed and the modifications made to the car. As the has a lower speed limit than most RC dragsters, they’re not exactly suited for drag racing. However, the car has more to offer. Such as the true-to-life effects such as sound and lights, easy controls, and accuracy on the race track. If you’re a noob, this is what you should start with.
For the ultimate on-road driving experience, we recommend this latest 4-tec 2.0 chassis. It keeps the weight at a low for a brisk feel, and its interlocking arrangement allows easy maintenance while providing stiffness and tight toleration. An undertray reduces any drag and prevents snags on expansion joints. A finely tuned suspension holds the wheels in place for maximum on-road performance.
Features and Specs
- It consists of a waterproof XL-5 electronic speed control that channels power to the Titan 12-turn 550 modified motor for all-wheel spinning and blistering.
- It includes highly adjustable body mounts and wheelbases. The body mounts can slide from forward to backward and from left to right to fit any 200mm body. The wheelbase can also be moved when trying the perfect fit. It is fully customizable.
- The car can go up to 30 mph
- The TQ 2.4GHz remote control provides a long-range, an interruption-free performance, and quick response time
- The remote control lets you use multiple vehicles at the same time
- Aggressive rubber street tires wrapped on dark chrome rims provide excellent wet or dry grip
If you want a fully customized car, then the Traxxas Electric RC 4-tec 2.0 Chassis is a great option for you. You can personalize this chassis in any way you like! It also offers outstanding performance and robustness.
With sleek body lines, vivid colors, and ideal features such as an outer plastic covering, and soft rubber tires, this car offers high friction and a firm grip. It consists of high-quality materials, which makes it durable and prevents the car from any damage.
Features and Specs
- This RC car has a 2.4G synchronous remote control system, plus a four-axis shock suspension, which allows you to control several cars in the same area, at the same time.
- It can drive on rough surfaces such as sand, puddles, grass, and mud
- The car features high sensitivity, precise directions, and speed control by using 2CH 2.4G one-piece electrical modulation and 5 lines steering engine.
- It requires 7.4V, 650Mah Li-ion battery. It is super easy to charge.
- Over-current and high-temperature protection prevents any damage from occurring while charging
The SGOTA RC Car 1/18 Off-Road is an exciting vehicle, best suited for unstable terrains. The enhanced sensitivity, accurate directions, and easy speed control make this car a true wonder.
This car features an attractive, streamlined body and a robust structure, which can withstand minor collisions. This speedy car includes a throttle trim to adjust speed and limit the output of power. All-terrain features allow it to be driven on any kind of surface.
Features and Specs
- It has a conventional model design, with rubber tires, sealed balled bearings, an independent suspension system, and finally, stuck protection.
- It consists of a 2.4GHZ full function radio control system, which covers a range of 90 meters, approximately. The control system allows you to connect with multiple cars at the same time, without any interruptions.
- The suspensions are equipped with springs, making the off-road car body flexible.
- Its charging time is about 100 minutes
- It offers playtime for up to 12 minutes or more
- The truck has a maximum speed of 36km/h
- Charging pressure limiting protection
- over-discharge protection
- thermal protection prevents any damage to the exterior
The 1:16 Scale All Terrain RC Car is another exciting rc dragster that provides lots of features for you to try on.
What to Look for When Choosing Remote Control Dragster?
When it comes to choosing the right dragster for yourself, there are some things that you must consider.
You need to decide if you require an electric engine or a nitro engine. Nitro engines contain some portion of nitromethane mixed with methanol.
If you’re a beginner, electric cars should be easier to handle than nitro cars. Nitro cars are often noisy, and their engines require a lot of maintenance. However, when it comes to speed, nitro cars are much faster than electric cars. High-end nitro cars can go up to 60+ mph. If you choose an electric engine, you might want a brushless setup that can handle a large amount of voltage of about 11 to 14 V. If you choose a nitro engine, you would want a big block style engine with high nitro content.
The tires of your vehicle are responsible for grip and might also aid in increasing speed. You are going to need tires that provide the best traction possible. For on-road racing, good quality foam and rubber tires work best, and for off-road racing, you should get tires with the best tread pattern possible, like paddle tires.
The main objective of drag racing is to be the fastest dragster in the competition. A heavy RC can reduce your speed and drag you down. When it comes to picking a chassis, go for a lightweight chassis, made with either carbon fiber or metal tubing.
As your vehicle moves at a great speed, you’d want to make sure that it stays on the ground. Even the tiniest of bumps can launch your dragster in the air, kicking you out of the race. Having a proper suspension set up can prevent this from happening.
For us, the best RC dragster out of all the ones mentioned above has to be the Traxxas Electric RC 4-tec 2.0 Chassis. It includes all major features, such as a remote control that offers a long-range, interruption-free performance, and quick reflex times. It certainly meets the requirements for an ideal dragster.
Furthermore, you save money by not buying a body that you don’t plan to use later. It allows you to put on a body of your own choice. Finally, it drives smoothly on-road, better than most ready-to-run touring cars.
Out of all the various models of RC drag racing cars, we selected the most popular, highly-rated products with a great number of positive reviews and customer satisfaction. All the products mentioned above are top grade and feature the latest technology, endurance, and maximum performance.