Table of Contents
- Why Get a Remote Control Cargo Ship?
- Fun Ways to Use a Remote Control Cargo Ship
- Top 5 Picks For Remote Control Cargo Ships
- What to Look For When Choosing a Remote Control Cargo Ship
- Final Words
Who doesn’t love a remote control car, plane, or boat? Remote controlled devices will always take you back to your childhood – remember how thrilling it was trying to control an object through two tiny little sticks on a controller?
Latest update on 2022-01-24 | Images | Affiliate links from Amazon Product Advertising API
If you’re a boat enthusiast, why don’t you make it even more interesting and control your very own naval boat? Remote control cargo ships are like a dream come true for such people.
You will find endless models of the newest remote control cargo ships in the market; you can pick from colossal battleship destroyers or stick to smaller missile ships. The models’ detailing makes operating them so much more fun and exciting.
Ever consider purchasing life size replicas like the Japanese Yamato, the first of its class and a symbol of Japanese heritage from World War II? Or the USS Wasp? Like we said, there are many options you can choose from.
Why Get a Remote Control Cargo Ship?
Much like any other remote control device, a cargo ship will bring you a great deal of pleasure. Watching an object move around and knowing you’re controlling it can also be a great stress reliever. You can turn this into a bonding experience by inviting your family and friends and taking turns controlling the cargo ship.
Remote control cargo ships are also a great way to build children’s interest in ships and history.
Fun Ways to Use a Remote Control Cargo Ship
If you have recently purchased a remote control cargo ship, then here are a few ways you can have fun with it:
Recreate a World War Battle at the Neighborhood Pond
This is an excellent way to relive the past for history enthusiasts or war buffs. There are numerous online pages and groups that collectively love pouring over old details of how battleships used to rule the oceans. Get your friends together and recreate a World War battle at your own swimming pool or at the neighborhood pond.
If you are not a history buff, then wage your own wars with different sized replicas. Let your imagination run wild and create your own conquests with your friends, like Columbus discovering new worlds and places.
Race Different Ships to See Which One Wins
Who says racing is only for cars? If you aren’t into re-creating wars, consider racing your remote control cargo ships against your friends’ or family’s. You can even create an obstacle course to compete in with various twists and turns. Test out which replica can beat them all by focusing on its ability to maneuver fast and gracefully through the water.
You can join many online groups if you’re in the search for fellow remote control cargo ships enthusiasts. Not only are these groups great for setting up racing events, but they help like-minded people come together. Find more people who share your love of remote control boating. Meet people who offer you a better understanding of how to improve your model.
Top 5 Picks For Remote Control Cargo Ships
If you are an avid model ship fan, then these best five remote control cargo ships will make your day. The manufacturers have put in extra effort to make these cargo ships look as realistic as possible. Whether you plan on giving one as a gift or buying one for yourself, you will truly enjoy all these models.
The remote control US Navy Amphibious Assault Battleship by FMT is utterly outstanding. It is actually a replica of the USS Wasp LHD-1 US Navy Amphibious Assault Ship. FMT created its deck with the utmost care and put in a lot of work on its finer details so that it would mimic the actual USS Wasp as closely as possible. You can even see military vehicles, various aircrafts, and miniature people on the deck – this gives an almost unbelievably realistic look.
- This is a 1/350 scale replica of the USS Wasp
- It has a “Touch water to run” safety system, but there is a touch switch provided that you can use to test the boat beforehand
- It comes ready-to-use from the manufacturer
- It has 2.4 GHz signals range, giving you longer distance and more control
- Up to 20 boats can play together at a time
- It is designed with a twin-propeller system to give the boat more stability as it moves on the water
- The deck is exceptionally detailed well; you can even see the action figures sunglasses
- You need to charge the battery for 5 hours. Once fully charged, you can operate it on the water for up to 25 minutes
- The remote has a fantastic range of almost 250 feet
- It has a maximum speed of 5 miles per hour
Overall, the FMT 29-Inch Remote Control US Navy Amphibious Assault Battleship is one of the most impressive remote control ships you can find. You can have the same boat on a lake or pond with your friends without any interference. The detailing is a huge bonus and it’s a dream come true for avid cargo ship fans to see all the work and effort done on the small lifesaver details like the windows and the action figures.
The Remote Control HT-2877 RTR Battleship Cruiser by USA is designed to replicate the battleships of World War II. This particular model gives you an in-depth knowledge about what ships from that era looked like. It comes complete with a little canon at the front and realistically detailed torpedoes mounted at the back. You will also find a miniature lifesaver on the main deck. This model is meant true warships enthusiasts.
- It comes with a 2.4 GHz signals range
- The ship is built with two propellers. The propellers move the boat and ensure that it doesn’t capsize
- It comes ready-to-run from the manufacturer, meaning that you don’t need to assemble it
- The remote controller is easy to use; it allows you to move the cargo ship back and forth, and left and right
- There is a “Touch water to run” safety system in place. The propellers will only turn on and if they touch the water
- All of its features are intricately detailed
- Requires 3 to 4 hours to fully charge the 6V 500mA battery
- A fully charged battery lets you operate the ship for around 20 minutes
Overall, the is an impressive ship that looks very realistic despite its size; it will make you feel like you actually are in control of a warship. This is a fun remote control cargo ship that you can use in the pool, pond, or small lake.
The German Bismarck Military Battleship 28-Inch Warship Cruiser is a beautifully constructed replica. It is a remote control battleship that has numerous cannons and guns mounted on the deck. It has some minute detailing that includes radar antennas and storage boxes that are located on real ships as well.
- You can use the remote control to move the boat forward and backward, as well as left and right
- Ready-to-use right from the manufacturer; it doesn’t require any type of assembly
- Can be used in swimming pools or small ponds
- Numerous replica cannons mounted to provide a more realistic look
- It is a 1/360 scale replica of a military battleship
- It comes with a rechargeable battery
- Glossy paint on its exterior
- The boat also has twin propellers to provide stability in the water as it runs
- Top speeds between 5 to 10 miles per hour
- You can operate the boat within a range of 120 feet
- Has built-in drain plugs
- A fully charged battery will give you about 30 minutes on the water
The German Bismarck Military Battleship 28-Inch Warship Remote Control Cruiser comes with nicely detailed cannons; they are the most impressive feature. Some users have stated that the motor seizes if the remote control cargo ship isn’t cleaned thoroughly and dried after each usage; otherwise, its overall performance is fine, considering the asking price.
The RC Ht 23-Inch Battle Destroyer Warship Cruiser is a 1/250 scaled replica of the Yamato warship from World War II. The Yamato warship was the first of its class and was a symbol of Japan’s naval power. This remote control ship is elegantly designed and replicated with great respect for the Japanese nation. The detailing is expertly constructed with small lifelike cannons that look like they could fire at any second. It is further decorated with a helicopter resting on a landing pad.
- The remote control is able to move the ship forwards/backwards and left/right
- The destroyer has a “Touch the water to operate” safety system in place, which can also be tested with the touch switch by using wet fingers
- It has an operating range of about 120 ft.
- It can reach a top speed of 5 miles per hour
- Once the battery is fully charged, you have about 20 minutes of playtime in the water
The RC Ht 23-Inch Battle Destroyer Warship Cruiser is an inexpensive remote control cargo ship with a lot of accurate details. Since the propellers are too sharp, you can’t let children play with it unsupervised; other than that, this is a great model.
The HT 30-Inch Radio Remote Control Warship Challenger is a 1/275 scaled replica of the Warship Challenger. This cargo ship is exquisitely designed to show the tiniest details on the deck.
- Finely built with realistic-looking details such as the radars, guns, and planes. Made to feel like an actual warship
- Built with dual propellers to give it balance and avoid it from capsizing
- The warship reaches top speeds of 5 to 10 mph
- Has a “Touch water to run” security
- It comes with a 2.4 GHz rechargeable battery
- It has an operating range of 60 feet
As far as remote control cargo ships go, the HT 30-Inch Warship Challenger looks amazing. The detailing on the deck is splendid. All the helicopters sit on their own landing pads and the jets look fantastic as well. However, the tiny details tend to come off according to some users.
What to Look For When Choosing a Remote Control Cargo Ship
You need to consider a few things before purchasing a remote control cargo ship:
Remote Control and Receiver Radio System
The 2.7 GHz radio system was the standard system used in older models. This system tended to pick up lots of interference and using it in public proved to be very difficult. Hence, make sure that the cargo ship you buy utilizes a 2.4 GHz radio system, as it has fewer issues; it won’t pick up other frequencies and is easier to use.
Most remote control cargo ship models come with the standard Ni-MH battery, but some models do come with a Lithium-polymer battery. Both batteries’ performance is very different.
The Ni-MH is cheaper but discharges quite quickly; this means that it won’t last for too long. The cargo ship’s performance will start to decline once the battery begins to run out.
Although a Lithium-polymer battery costs a little more, it is lighter and has a more even discharge rate; therefore, the performance of the cargo ship will be more stable and consistent and won’t decline when the battery life ends.
Most battery chargers that come with a remote control cargo ship will suffice for essential charging; they won’t provide you with the best charge and won’t last for long either. To determine if the charger provided by the manufacturer will cause any issues, it would be best to read online views and consider what other users have experienced.
It won’t matter if you’ve purchased the most powerful battery with your remote control cargo ship; if you have a low quality charger, the battery you spent a fortune on might be worthless. We would suggest buying a timer charger; although it’s expensive, it will charge the battery fully and safely.
Out of the five cargo ship models mentioned above, we would recommend the FMT 29-Inch Remote Control US Navy Amphibious Assault Battleship. If you want a remote control cargo ship that resembles a real ship, then this should be your pick. The detailing on the guns, deck, and the action figures is simply amazing.
Its long operating range allows you to use it not only in your backyard pool but in your neighbourhood pond as well. What makes it even better is that if your friends have the same remote control ship, you can all use your boats at the same time; other boats don’t have this feature.
This model also contains all the safety features that would you need to make sure no one gets hurt. However, you should keep in mind that the small detailed parts can easily come off, so young children should play with it under supervision.
All of the above-mentioned remote control cargo ships are immensely fun for ship enthusiasts. You can use them in your backyard swimming pool, your local pond, or even a nearby lake. All manufacturers have put in a lot of effort to make these ships look as realistic as possible and they’re well worth the price. Since the final decision is yours, you should buy any of these five models that appeal to you the most.