Table of Contents
- The Picks: 10 Best Nylon 3D Printer
- What to Look for When Choosing a Nylon 3D Printer
- Final Words
Ever since the introduction of 3D printing, there has been a flood of 3D printers in the market with different printing materials. Nylon is one of the most-favored 3D printing materials for its durability. Therefore, we compiled and reviewed the 10 best nylon 3D printers to make it easier for you to choose.
Latest update on 2022-06-21 | Images | Affiliate links from Amazon Product Advertising API
But before that, let’s briefly understand what nylon material is and how it works.
Nylon is a thermoplastic material and refers to polyamide, a group of plastics. It is versatile and suitable for almost every type of manufacturing work. Nylon becomes soft when we heat it and hardens on cooling. It can turn into a liquid if you heat it beyond its melting point.
To 3D print Nylon, there are three technologies:
- FDM (Fused Deposition Modeling)
- SLS (Selective Laser Sintering)
- MJF (MultiJet Fusion)
The Picks: 10 Best Nylon 3D Printer
Now that we know what nylon material is and how it works, let us look at the 10 best nylon 3D printers and their pros and cons.
Lulzbot Taz Workhorse is a 3D printer with a huge build volume of 280 x 280 x 285mm, perfect for making big projects and models. It uses FDM (Fused Deposition Modeling) technology for printing, which results in more durable and stable 3D models. It has a heated build plate of heated borosilicate glass and a coat of PEI (Polyetherimide). This manufacturing material makes it reusable and a maintenance-free build surface.
Taz Workhorse has a solid frame that can resist the pressure and movement of higher performance. It has a modular bed system that only takes a few seconds to heat up and reach its maximum print bed temperature. It supports a variety of printing materials, which includes nylon and other materials. This Taz Workhorse 3D printer automatically cleans the nozzle before starting any new project, preventing filament jams and nozzle clogging.
It comes fully assembled, so you will not have to go through the hassle. It has exceptional quality and performance. You can create first-rate and detailed 3D models with interchangeable tool heads. It is perfect for professionals and hobbyists alike due to its versatility and excellent performance. Taz Workhorse has an open design, so you can easily keep an eye on your progress.
- It has a modular bed system that quickly heats up and reaches its maximum print bed temperature within seconds.
- It has a stable frame that can resist the pressure and movement of top-class performance.
- It offers switchable tool heads to choose the nozzle that you find suitable for certain projects.
- It supports a variety of printing materials like nylon, PLA, ABS.
- It automatically cleans the nozzle before every new project that prevents nozzle clogging and filament jam.
From its heated build plate to modular bed system and switchable tool head to automatic nozzle cleaning, Lulzbot Taz Workhorse has many features to offer. It comes already assembled, so you can start printing right away. All in all, it is an ideal 3D printer for professionals, hobbyists, and beginners alike.
Qidi Tech X-Pro is a production-grade nylon 3D printer suitable for hobbyists, professionals, and schools. The dual extrusion technology allows you to blend colors and print with various complex materials without much hassle. It has an upgraded 4.3-inch touch screen with a user-friendly interface for improved and smoother operation.
It is easy to assemble and provides exceptional print quality. It comes with a detachable plate, which makes it easier to remove models without breaking them. It has an aluminum build plate that you can heat to 110 degrees Celsius. Qidi Tech X-Pro is compatible with various materials, including PLA, ABS, Nylon, TPU, and multi-color printing.
Qidi Tech X-Pro has many features to offer. It has a decent build plate with a detachable plate, which allows you to create first-rate and high-quality prints.
Ultimaker S5 has a dual extrusion. It has a large build volume of 330 x 240 x 300mm, enabling you to create big models and parts. It is convenient to use. It comes already assembled to save you from the hassle, so you can start printing right away. It offers excellent print quality. It has switchable tool heads, making it convenient for you to choose the nozzle size depending on your 3D printing demands and preferences.
Ultimaker S5 offers an open filament system, which allows you to print using any 2.85mm printing material. It has a heated glass build plate that makes it reusable. It supports a variety of materials such as nylon, ABS, PLA, etc. It has an active build plate leveling with a build plate temperature of 20-140 degrees Celsius. Ultimaker S5 uses FDM (Fused Deposition Modeling) technology for 3D printing. Through your phone, you can easily monitor your printing progress utilizing the printer’s built-in camera after connecting Ultimaker S5 to your local network.
- It has a large build surface with a build volume of 330 x 240 x 300mm.
- It has an open filament system that lets you print using any 2.85mm filament.
- It offers a first-rate print quality.
- It supports a variety of printing materials, like nylon, PLA, etc.
- It has a heated glass build plate.
- It has an active build plate leveling.
Ultimaker S5 is suitable for professionals, engineers, and designers because of its high price. However, it will not be an exaggeration to say that the advanced features it offers justify the price.
Pulse XE features a 250 x 220 x 215mm build volume. It has an automatic adjustment and leveling system, so you would not have to adjust it manually. Since loud noise during 3D printing can be very distracting; therefore, Pulse XE features motor sound dampeners, which reduce the noise. It creates durable and exceptional 3D prints. It has a garolite heated build plate, making it convenient for you to 3D print using complicated materials. This garolite build surface is especially beneficial with nylon printing material.
- It has a decent build volume of 250 x 220 x 215mm.
- It has a garolite heated build plate to 3D print complicated materials with ease.
- Garolite heated build surface is precisely beneficial with nylon material.
- It allows you to print with a variety of materials.
- You can detect a filament shortage through its filament out detector.
- It has a bond tech extruder to prevent your 3D prints from slithering and distorting.
The MatterHackers Pulse XE is on the pricier side, but it works exceptionally well. Therefore, we mostly recommend it to the professionals who need more precise and detailed performance for high-rate 3D prints.
Lulzbot Taz 6 3D printer has a decent build volume of 280 x 280 x 250mm that allows you to print sizable models or various tiny models all at once. It offers automatic bed-leveling and automatic cleaning, so you would not have to do it manually.
It has a heated PEI build plate that can reach the maximum temperature of 300 degrees Celsius, enabling you to print using complex materials like nylon. This 3D printer is compatible with a range of printing materials, such as PVA, PLA, ABS, nylon and polyamide, wood, and metal PLA.
- Upgraded tool head
- Decent build plate of 280 x 280 x 250mm
- Heated PEI build plate
- Automatic bed-leveling
- Automatic cleaning
Lulzbot Taz 6 is a feature-packed 3D printer. It is easy to use and features automatic bed-leveling and self-cleaning to save you from trouble. Though it is more on the pricier side, the upgraded features it offers makes up for it.
Tiertime Up Mini 2 ES 3D printer has a Melted Extrusion Modeling (MEM) printing technology that enables rapid prototyping. It is the next-generation Linux embedded system that allows you to print via Wi-Fi, LAN, and USB. It offers an exceptional PLA print quality and can print with complex materials including ABS, PC, nylon, carbon, fiber, and many more.
It is safe to use and offers safety features like an inbuilt air filtration unit with HEPA and active carbon filter. These features help prevent plastic odors, harmful fumes, and a door open alert. It comes with 2 types of detachable print beds that allow you to remove your models conveniently without destroying them.
- Door open alert
- Inbuilt air filtration unit with HEPA
- Upgraded software
- Detachable print beds
- Melted extrusion modeling for fast prototyping
All in all, Tiertime Up Mini 2 ES 3D printer delivers first-rate performance and high-precision PLA and ABS prints. It is compact with a wide range of complicated materials and offers safety features. It is a perfect 3D printer for industrial designs and rapid prototyping.
Ultimaker S3 has a lot of majestic features to offer. It has a decent build volume of 230 x 190 x 200mm. It has a detachable heated print bed made of borosilicate glass. It supports network connections like Wi-Fi, LAN, cloud, and USB. It has an enabled camera that allows you to monitor your progress. Its small build frame makes it fit for any work desk.
This 3D printer offers a leading active bed-leveling, which provides steady first layer adherence. It has an enclosed front to provide reliable printing conditions and exceptional printing results. It is compatible with complex printing materials like nylon, which allows you to print durable models with distinctive values.
- It has an active bed leveling.
- It has duplex print core extruders that support complex materials without any trouble.
- It has a high layer resolution of 20-micron.
- It is compatible with a variety of materials and supports third-party materials.
- It has a filament flow sensor to detect clogging of nozzle and filament shortage.
Ultimaker S3 3D printer has a decent build volume. For an industrial-grade printer, it is more compact and convenient to use. It may not be suitable for people looking for a more cost-friendly 3D printer.
This 3D printer comes pre-assembled, which is a huge relief for beginners. It has an enclosed build area capable of enduring a constant temperature that offers first-rate prints and beginners’ safety. It has a large build volume of 300 x 250 x 300mm.
QidiTech X-Max supports a detachable and pliable build plate, so you can conveniently remove your prints without breaking or destroying them. It has switchable two extruders; one deals with basic materials like PLA while the other deals with complex materials like nylon and carbon. It provides stable and high-quality prints due to its solid frame.
- It has a heated build plate, which is compatible with a variety of materials.
- It has a solid frame that provides high precision prints.
- It comes with two different filament holders, one for basic materials and the other for complex materials.
- It has a print resume system that saves your print in case of a power outage.
QidiTech X-Max has several distinctive features to offer. Although it lacks automatic bed leveling, its manual bed-leveling is relatively easy, and you do not need to worry about it. Overall, it is a durable 3D printer and provides high speed and fine prints.
This 3D printer is suitable essentially for schools, professionals, engineers, and product inventors. It may be on the pricier side but has a lot of exceptional features to back it up. It has a closed frame, which provides safety. It has a large build (H: 15.9-inch x W: 20.2-inch x D: 16-inch), making it suitable for a table.
Dremel DigiLab 3D45 printer has a 5-inch display for easy access. It features a build volume of 6.7 x 10 x 6 inches. It has an easy-to-understand user interface. It is not very noisy to distract you while working on a detailed print.
- It has a 5-inch display and a user-friendly interface.
- It provides excellent quality prints.
- It has a closed frame, which offers more safety during the printing process.
- It has a decent build volume, which allows you to print smoothly.
- It supports a variety of materials.
The Dremel DigiLab 3D45 3D Printer has a ton of features that set it apart. Its print quality is exceptional. The easy user interface and safe closed-frame design make it convenient for beginners. It is pricey but provides high-quality performance.
Zortrax M200 Plus 3D printer has a build volume of 200mm x 200mm x 180mm that allows you to print decent models. This 3D printer is capable of rapid prototyping, architecture modeling, robotics, and manufacturing-grade printing. It has a user-friendly interface and filament end sensor to avoid lumpy prints.
This 3D printer supports various basic and complex materials ranging from nylon, ABS, PLA. It offers a remarkable printing quality and improved printing and prototyping experience. It has an advanced cooling system that removes excess heat and maintains a stable temperature.
- Advanced cooling system
- Filament end sensor
- Inbuilt camera
- High layer resolution of 90 to 390 microns
- Ethernet/Wi-Fi network connectivity
Zortrax M200 Plus 3D printer is cost-friendly and offers remarkable printing quality and robust printing performance. It is suitable for rapid prototyping and manufacturing-grade printing. It has an advanced cooling system, a filament end sensor, and other top-notch features.
What to Look for When Choosing a Nylon 3D Printer
Nylon is one of the most durable and pliable 3D printing materials. However, there are a few things to keep in mind before purchasing a nylon 3D printer.
- A 3D printer with removable all-metal extruders is necessary so that you can detach your nozzle after printing.
- A heated build plate is essential when working with nylon material for the stability of your print. We highly recommend a heated glass build and a heated garolite build plate.
- Check the seals of your printer’s material compartment to ensure it is airtight and not humid to avoid air leakage.
- Using nylon material can be difficult with FDM technology, therefore look for a 3D printer with either SLS or MJF technology.
- As nylon material has a high melting point, a 3D printer with an open build frame is recommendable to work fast and efficiently.
Lulzbot Taz Workhorse takes the cake as the best overall nylon 3D printer because of its exceptional features. For instance, a solid build frame, a heated borosilicate glass PEI-covered builds plate, and high precision prints. Its modular heating system and swappable tool heads make it one of the best nylon 3D printers.
MatterHackers Pulse XE is our runner-up with its wide build volume and capability to work with various complex materials like nylon. Its motor sound dampeners, heated garolite build plate, and filament-out detector make it highly convenient.
Best Value for Money
QIDI TECH X-Pro is a manufacturing-grade nylon 3D printer that is not only cost-friendly but has a ton of exceptional features to marvel. From its high production speed and best surface finish to automated production tools and compatibility with a wide range of materials, this 3D nylon printer packs excellent features in it.
We hope now you feel less perplexed about your purchase of a nylon 3D printer. This article reviewed 10 best nylon 3D printers; each has unique features like first-rate print quality, user-friendly interface, and high speed. Our above-given recommendations may help you narrow down your choice.