Table of Contents
- Ender 3 vs Ender 3 Pro: The Main Differences
- Creality Ender 3 Pro Review – Overview
- Creality Ender 3 Review – Overview
- Ender 3 Pro vs Ender 3 – Head to Head Comparison
- Overall Winner
- Final Words
Creality, a Chinese 3D printer manufacturing company, gained fame after the production of Ender 3. Ender 3 was such an incredible printer that it made Creality’s name famous among all and sundry. Ender 3 users labeled it as a highly affordable 3D printer equally impeccable for industrialists and hobbyists.
A few months later, Creality introduced an upgraded version of Ender 3 known as Ender 3 Pro. Expectations were high due to the incredible success of Ender 3, and Ender 3 Pro proved itself an exceptional printer. So, now the question arises: which one is better? Either Ender 3 or Ender 3 Pro.
No doubt Ender 3 Pro is an upgraded version of Ender 3 and very much similar to it. But few differences are also present and need our courtesy. This article will provide you with a detailed description of the similarities, differences, features, and specifications to clarify your confusion about these two printers.
Ender 3 vs Ender 3 Pro: The Main Differences
Consumers often get confused about the difference between the Ender 3 and Ender 3 Pro. It is essential to give a clear picture of both printers so that buyers can make the right decision. Here, we will discuss these differences in detail.
Enhanced Magnetic Print Surface
The upgraded version of Ender 3, Ender 3 Pro, comes fortified with a CMAG magnetic printing plate. This plate is flexible and easily removable. It allows the users to take the prints off the bed without difficulty. This printing bed’s bumpy surface provides better adhesion to a wide range of filaments than the traditional methods like tape or glue.
Ender 3 Pro’s base plate is more supple and leveled than Ender 3, which is a fantastic improvement. Its outer frame is more robust and sturdier than that of Ender 3.
Meanwell Power Supply
The power supply system of Ender 3 was not efficient. So, to take this issue in hand, Creality introduced a Meanwell’s power supply system (PSU) in the upgraded version, which provides speedy heating and long-time 3D printing. On the other hand, Ender 3 comprises a regular power supply, less powerful and short-lived.
Meanwell is a well-known technology, and it ensures quicker and safer heating of all the essential parts. This power supply unit is not only powerful and durable but also quieter and takes lesser space. Its insulation is also better than that of Ender 3.
Placement of Fan
The structure of Ender 3 includes a big board fan on the top right of the printer’s base. In printing, the pieces of filaments fall into the rotating blades of the fan and cause trouble.
Ender 3 Pro resolved the issue mentioned above by placing the fan at the bottom of the printer. It resulted in a better user experience. This replacement of the fan also reduced the noise level.
In Ender 3 Pro, the bed leveling nuts are more extensive, which makes leveling stress-free. On the other hand, Ender 3 includes the standard nuts.
Ender 3 Pro has an aluminum extrusion, which is sturdy and provides exceptional stability. While Ender 3 uses a plastic extrusion.
Creality Ender 3 Pro Review – Overview
Ender 3 Pro is roughly the same as its predecessor. However, its manufacturers have implemented some considerable changes that make it worth purchasing. It comes with such surprising features that are not even present in most of the expensive printers.
This printer comes in a semi-assembled kit form. Its setup and installment require a maximum of one to two hours, but it provides a great learning experience. This printer’s complete open-source design allows experienced users to make improvements and upgrades in print.
Its new, patented organization efficiently reduces the risk of plugging and low leakage. It includes a function of resume printing and a removable print bed. Its magnetic-surfaced heating bed is highly supple. It rapidly heats up to 110C and allows the safe removal of the object after cooling.
It is undoubtedly one of the most affordable printers perfect for hobbyists, makers, and tinkerers. After spending some time and putting small effort, you can get incredible results. But we can still not regard it as a professional printer. It is because users complain about its uneven print bed, which often puts them in trouble. Also, it produces a massive noise during printing, which is a significant drawback of this unit.
But still, there is a bundle of good reasons to invest your money in Ender 3 Pro. All in all, it is a super package.
Assembling the Printer
The assembly process of Ender 3 Pro is very neat. It is the easiest because it comes in a semi-assembled form and is relatively straightforward. The X and Y-axis come in the pre-assembled form. However, you have to mount the Z-axis, and your Ender 3 Pro is ready to print!
This printer kit comes with a toolbox and step by step instructions manual to aid its users. If you get stuck somewhere during the setup, go through the instructions you get in the included SD card.
To avoid any rupture during transportation, Ender 3 Pro comes well-packed in plastic sheets.
Quality and Performance
The Ender 3 Pro is undoubtedly for you if D & D Minature and Cosplay appeal to you. Unfortunately, it is not a professional level printer but serves well to beginners and entry-level students. Its cost to quality ratio often attracts the manufactures.
You can get accurate results, but it requires a lot of tweaking and adjusting. The leveling of its bed and belt is also niggling at some points. Regardless of the rubber feet, it is too noisy.
The Ender 3 Pro features a fast-heating bed that heats up to 110C in less than 5 minutes. A textured magnetic plate is also present, which allows the easy removal of the project after cooling. The complete frame is the aluminum build-up, and it is the primary reason for its durability.
Its extruder exalts to MK10 to avoid obstruction and bumpy extrusion. A resume printing function is present, which helps restart the print precisely from where it gets stopped in a power outage.
Creality provides a warranty of one year. You can get back to them if anything goes wrong.
The Ender 3 Pro 3D printer comes with Cura 3.0.2 software, but Cura 3.0.1 is also available. You can download it online. It is a more up-to-date firmware type.
Cura is a slicing software. It makes the printer understand what to print by slicing the 3D model into several layers. Moreover, Cura software is free to download. Ender 3 Pro is an open-source device. This feature adds to its value and makes it customizable.
It is quite suitable for beginners because there are a lot of features available to help them out. The online community of its users is also supportive. Besides, you can find as many online tutorials and models as required.
Extras or Replacement Parts
The replacement parts for Ender 3 Pro are available at Creality stores. Extruder nozzles of different sizes according to the requirement of various extrusions are also present.
Different types of filaments, including colorful PLA, metal-like filament, wood-like filament, glowing filament, are available for selling.
Ender 3 Pro Specs
- It is an FDM printing technology printer.
- Its precision is +0.1 mm.
- It weighs 6.9 kg.
- The diameter of the nozzle is 0.1-0.4 mm.
- The thickness of the layer is 0.1-0.4 mm.
- The maximum printing speed is 180 mm/sec.
- The temperature of the heated bed is 110C.
- SD card is the available connectivity option.
- It includes an LCD screen.
Ender 3 Pro Dimensions
The dimensions of the Ender 3 Pro are 21.8 x 21.8 x 24.6 cm.
Ender 3 Pro Build Volume
The Ender 3 Pro build volume is 220 x 220 x 250 mm, enough to cover big 3D printing projects.
Ender 3 Pro Bed Size
The bed size of the Ender 3 Pro is 235 x 235 mm.
- This printer includes an aluminum extrusion for the base of the Y-axis.
- Ender 3 Pro comprises a magnetic and self-adhesive C-MAG printing bed.
- It comes with a fast-heating bed, which takes less than 5 minutes to heat up to 110C.
- It comprises an upgraded MK10 print head extruder.
- Micro-SD card and USB cable serve as the connectivity options.
- It also features a resume printing function and a protected power source.
- It comes with Cura 3.0.2 software, but you can also download Cura 3.0.1.
- Compatible with PLA, wood, ABS, carbon fiber, TPU, gradient color.
- It is highly affordable.
- It has high print quality.
- Its design is compact.
- It has a large print volume.
- It is easy to use and assemble.
- It is upgradable
- It is hackable.
- It has a flexible printing surface.
- It includes an upgraded extruder.
- The print bed is uneven.
- It does not offer multiple nozzles.
- It’s too noisy.
- Its wires are disordered.
Creality Ender 3 Review – Overview
Ender 3 is one of the most famous machines in the market. Of course, its exceptional features and extremely low-price are the reasons. It is an open-source printer with a large build volume. It has a heated build plate, tight filament alleyway, and power recovery mode. These features are absent even in some high-end printers.
It is compatible with various filaments such as PLA, ABS, PETG, exotic, and flexible. It is a manually calibrated 3D printer that is easy to assemble and setup. Its large bed leveling knobs assist in the process of calibration. Hackability is another positive feature, and it adds to its worth.
Ender 3 is a perfect choice for novices and manufacturers with a tight budget. It has some drawbacks, but its low price covers all. None of the issues was insurmountable. The foremost issue which needs the attention of the manufactures is the uneven base. However, you can minimize the wobble by placing a wedge under one corner. Some consumers found adhesion issues with certain filaments.
But, Ender 3 is really unique, and you will not regret buying it.
Assembling the Printer
Once you bought Ender 3, you have to assemble it no matter whether you like it or not. Its assembly is simple but not as easy as you want it to be. It appears to be problematic but not impossible.
Creality provided a kit of all the possible tools with step by step instructions. Its initial setup manual explains all the processes in detail. However, suppose you still face any issues, in that case, you can seek help from the online community or detailed audio-video guides available on YouTube.
Quality and Performance
There are several printers in the market offering exceptional quality and outstanding performance. But only a few offer an excellent ratio of quality and affordability. Ender 3 is one such printer. It is more like a “Do It Yourself” printer. With a bit of persistence and tweaking, you can hit the quality equal to or even more than many competitive printers.
Ender 3 Pro’s base is wobbly, and its print bed is also a little flimsy and lacks stability. It needs to be re-leveled over and over; otherwise, the materials get stuck to the print bed. The Pro version addresses this problem and fixes it.
But overall, it is not bad. Consumers are delighted with its quality and performance. It is an excellent value for money. Just be aware that there is a steep learning curve with this one, but once you get the hang of it, you would love it for sure.
The hardware structure of Ender 3 is similar to that of Ender 3 Pro. The sides of the frame are decent and robust. The power supply is also secured and protected. Its print bed is flimsy and uneven if you compare it with that of Ender 3 Pro. It is troublesome during the printing course.
Just like the Ender 3 Pro, Ender 3 also comes with a one-year warranty. So, your investment is safe for one year.
Ender 3 uses Cura software just like Ender 3 Pro. This software is available online, and you can download it from there. Moreover, there is a large community using this software. So, if you get stuck somewhere, you can seek help from the video tutorials available on YouTube.
The flexibility of Ender 3 is really great. You can get your choice results after spending some time learning all the trade’s possible modes and tricks.
Its in-built recovery feature successfully recovers all your project in case of an unexpected power outage. These features differentiate it from all other orthodox printers that lie in this budget range.
Extras or Replacement Parts
People often face issues regarding its print plate, so a tempered glass plate having a chemical coating is available as an upgrade. Buying a separate glass plate is still cheaper than buying Ender 3 Pro. It works well and resolves the main problem of Ender 3.
Nozzles of variable sizes and filaments of different types are available, and you can buy them online.
Ender 3 Specs
- Ender 3 is an FDM technology printer.
- The diameter of its nozzle is 0.4 mm.
- The diameter of its filament is 1.75 mm.
- It provides a precision of 0.1 mm.
- Its maximum printing speed is 200 mm/sec.
- The resolution of its layer is 0.1 mm.
- It includes an LCD screen.
- It is compatible with PLA, TPU, and ABS.
- SD card and USB are available as connectivity options.
Ender 3 Dimensions
The dimensions of the Ender 3 3D printer are 21.8 x 21.8 x 24.6 cm.
Ender 3 Build Volume
The build volume of this 3D printer is 240 x 240 x 250 mm, which is large enough to put it in the list of best large 3D printers.
Ender 3 Bed Size
The bed size of the Ender 3 3D printer is 220 x 220 mm.
- It works using Cura software.
- It also features a surface tempered glass plate with a chemical coating.
- It uses a Bowden system extruder in place of a direct drive.
- Its power supply is above 24 volts.
- It is easy to assemble.
- Open-source nature works great for progressive users.
- It has a reasonable price.
- Its motion is universally smooth.
- It is compatible with a wide range of flexible filaments.
- Its base is shaky and uneven.
- The belt along the X-axis is loose.
- Its flimsy plate results in the stalling of projects.
Ender 3 Pro vs Ender 3 – Head to Head Comparison
Ender 3 and Ender 3 Pro are roughly the same in terms of specifications. As you know that the Ender 3 Pro is an improved version of Ender 3, but its specs are similar to it. The build volume, filament diameter, weight, nozzle diameter, compatibility-all are identical. You can say that there is no difference between Ender 3 and Ender 3 Pro in terms of specifications.
Ender 3 Pro is better than Ender 3 regarding features. It enhances all the faulty and flawed Ender 3 features. Upgraded power supply system, fan’s position, and redesigned magnetic print surface add to Ender 3 Pro’s value and make it a relatively popular choice.
This point goes in favor of Ender 3. Ender 3 is inexpensive as compared to Ender 3 Pro. So, Ender 3 is the best value for money. If you want to save your money, Ender 3 is a better choice than Ender 3 Pro.
Moreover, you can buy a separate glass tempered plate that resolves the thin print plate’s issues and still costs less than Ender 3 Pro.
Ender 3 Pro is our overall winner. It provides you better quality with enhanced features at an affordable rate. A super choice for beginners as well as professionals! You will not regret investing your money in Ender 3 Pro.
Creality CR10 V2 3D Printer
Creality CR10 V2 has made its way into the most popular and inexpensive printers due to its unusual features. Like Ender 3 Pro, Creality CR10 V2 is also an upgraded version of Creality CR10 and is one of the best large-sized 3D printers.
This printer is easy to operate. The printing bed provides a fine adhesion as it is of better-quality in this upgraded version. Print quality is decent. Creality CR10 V2 is worth considering if you are looking for something scalable and suitable for large-sized projects within an acceptable price range.
- Creality CR10 V2 has a build volume of 300 x 300 x 400. It stands tall in the list of largest 3D printers.
- It has a layer thickness of 0.1-0.4 mm.
- This printer’s printing speed is higher than 180 mm/sec, while the average speed is 30-60 mm/sec.
- It weighs 11.5 kg.
- It is compatible with variable filaments such as PLA, TPU, ABS, and PETG.
- The diameter of the nozzle is 0.4 mm, while that of the filament is 1.75 mm.
- It includes super quality double air fans and a filament breakage sensor that ensures the availability of filament.
- It also contains a lighter and more effective control box, which attaches to the printer umbilically.
- It features a 24 V/350 W Mean Power Supply.
- This printer includes a TMC 2208 supported motherboard, which is an upgraded version.
Anet A8 3D Printer
Anet A8 3D printer is a modular form of printer. It is modifiable and provides an overall excellent printing quality. Moreover, its low price adds to its charm. No doubt, the assembly of Anet A8 is easy, but it requires a lot of time and patience as its setup is just like building something from scratch. Its calibration process is also tricky. But, once you get past these obstacles, Anet A8 will be a joy for you.
Anet A8 is an ideal choice for beginners because building the printer itself is a great learning experience. This experience will surely help them when they move to a higher-level printer. It can also provide its services to manufacturers on a tight budget.
- It includes an acrylic frame.
- Anet A8 has a build volume of 220 x 220 x 240 mm.
- It offers an accuracy of 0.012 mm along the XY-axis and 0.004 mm along the Z-axis.
- The weight of this printer is 7.4 kg.
- The thickness of the layer is 0.1-0.3 mm.
- The required voltage is 12V.
- The diameter of the nozzle is 0.4 mm, while that of the filament is 1.75 mm.
- It provides a printing speed of 100 mm/sec.
- It is compatible with all types of printing materials such as ABS, PLA, TPU, PVA, nylon, wood play.
- Anet A8 features metal pulleys that boost performance and mends functionality.
- Anet A8 can comfortably work with Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows XP, Linux, and Mac.
Forlambs Form 2 3D Printer
Forlambs Form 2 is a user-friendly and robust printer that produces smooth prints. It may look expensive, but for just home users. Professional manufacturers love it due to its exceptional qualities. The introduction of new resin materials increased its popularity and demand, especially among jewelers and artists.
Forlambs Form 2 is a reliable SLA printer. One of the main reasons for its high demand is the ability to print in small batches. It is also the speediest among all the SLA printers. These characteristics made it a hot cake among the professionals of different niches.
- Forlamb Form 2 3D printer has the build volume of 145 x 145 x 175 mm.
- It offers a resolution of 0.025 mm.
- It is an SLA technology printer.
- The weight of this printer is 13 kg.
- PreForm software is its specialty.
- The automatic resin filling feature is present in this printer. This feature is absent in FFF printers.
- A wiper system is present that can clean all the trash after printing.
- An offline printing facility is available, so there is no need to keep the printer connected to the PC.
- With the help of auto heating technology, Forlamb Form 2 can heat up to 35C.
- Wi-Fi network, USB, and Ethernet are the available connectivity options.
No doubt Ender 3 and Ender 3 Pro are both among the few best printers available in the market. Both include exceptional features and mind-blowing quality. But, Ender 3 Pro is an advanced version. Some of its features are superior to the old version. So, it is a better choice to consider in terms of features as compared to Ender 3.
When it comes to price, Ender 3 is less expensive than Ender 3 Pro. Except for some features, everything is the same as Ender 3 Pro. There is also not too much difference between these two printers in terms of specifications. So, you can save some dollars in this way. It is not too bad to choose Ender 3.
We have provided you with a detailed review of both Ender 3 and Ender 3 Pro so that you can make a sensible decision according to your budget and requirements. If both of these printers do not fit your requirements, we have mentioned some alternatives. You may consider them as well. Best of luck!
Leave a Reply