Table of Contents
- Reasons to Get a New Phone
- The five best ways to get a new phone
- Five Best Phone Models To Get As Your New Phone
- Things to consider when choosing a new phone
- Final verdict
In this day and age, not only are phones becoming a major part of our life, but they are also of a lot of importance to us since they help us in achieving various tasks throughout the day with very little effort.
Many tasks that would have been too complicated ten years ago are now made very easy with the help of our cell phones. As time progresses, new phones keep coming out every year or so. Getting a new phone is also a smart and wise decision if your phone is outdated or if there is some problem with it.
In this article, we will go over the various reasons why and the different ways one can acquire a new cell phone. With major advancements in technology after every few years, it is also to switch up your phones and get rid of your old phones to have a better experience and to get more advanced features with a new phone.
Reasons to Get a New Phone
There are several reasons why one would want to change their phone. These reasons vary from person to person, and it depends completely on an individual why they would discard their old phone for a new one. These reasons can be technology change, or because you just aren’t satisfied with your current one. Some reasons why one should get a new phone are:
Your old phone is damaged
The main reason why a person would be forced to get a new phone is that the one they are currently using doesn’t function well because it has been damaged. This damage can occur to the screen, camera, any other hardware or maybe the software of the phone. If your hardware is damaged, it is possible to get it replaced but software problems can be very dangerous and might result in the phone dying completely.
You’ve had the current phone for a long time
If you’ve been using the same phone for a long amount of time, naturally you would want to get a new phone and bring some change since you’ve waited long enough.
Your phone is outdated
Another reason why you would want to get a new phone is that the one you own is outdated and ancient. In such a case, getting a new, advanced and not very expensive phone is a step of progress too.
There is a more technologically advanced phone in the market.
Since phones are now getting fancy with new features, a new phone with more features may tempt you and force you to make a new purchase.
Change in taste due to increased income
A salary increase is also another reason why some people buy new phones. Phones are regarded as luxuries now that they are so expensive, so if one gets a bonus or increase in their salary, they might think of attaining phone as a luxury.
The five best ways to get a new phone
The first and most common way to get a new phone by going to the market and searching for a phone by browsing through various shops and local vendors once you’ve researched what you want.
Another way, which is very common and efficient, is getting a phone through online sites such as Amazon. Amazon is known to sell the best phones with very little chances of getting scammed.
Other than Amazon, we have other sites as well. There are lots of online shopping site with a vast range of phones available for the users. The advantage of using these sites is that one can get coupons and other such discount options.
You can buy a new phone directly from the manufacturer on the phone. E.g., if you want an iPhone, you can go directly to an Apple store and get a phone from there without any third party involved. This is also one ofthe safest ways to get a phone, as there are no chances of being scammed.
Big stores are another place where one can go to get a new phone. These places include Walmart, Target and other such huge departmental stores.
Five Best Phone Models To Get As Your New Phone
There are several options available in the market if you are thinking of getting a new phone. With the list below, we will pick out the five best phone models that we think are great.
Sony Xperia 1
The first phone on this list that we think is good enough with amazing features and a good price is the Sony Xperia 1.
- What makes it amazing is the size of the screen. It weighs about 180g and has a tri-luminous screen, which is about 6.5 inches large. If you are someone who likes to have a phone on which you can watch movies and shows conveniently, then this phone is perfect for you.
- With Sony Xperia 1 you’ll get an amazing sound system installed in it by Dolby which is a huge benefit too.
- You can have access to smooth functioning as it has Android 9.0.
- Sony provides its users with good storage space as well. The internal RAM is 6GB and offers up to 124GB of storage.
- The front camera of the phone is 8MP while the rear camera is 12MP (wide), 12MP (telephoto), 12MP (ultra-wide).
- The battery in it is 3300mAh, which is fine too if you don’t use the phone all the time with the brightness entirely turned up.
The processor installed in it has amazing functionality as it works fast. This phone is water and dustproof, which speaks a lot about its durability.
- It is dustproof and waterproof
- The rear camera is 12MP
- The screen display is huge and vivid
- The sound system is commendable
- It has a Snapdragon chip in it which is pretty fast and efficient
- It may be a little heavy for some users
If you don’t mind the weight of the phone (which is still not very much), then the Sony Xperia 1 is a great phone for you as it offers tons of features. It has a great camera and is spacious as well.
Google Pixel 3a
The second phone in this list that we deem worthy for you is the Google Pixel 3a. Google has been religiously manufacturing new phones now and is one of the main contenders in this race of new generation smartphones. These phones are affordable and provide a maximum level of functionality and comfort with convenience as a side help.
- The Google Pixel 3a has a 5.6 inch OLED display.
- It has a snapdragon 620 processor installed in it. Snapdragon does wonders for the efficiency of this phone.
- The RAM might not be as high as provided in other phones, but it is an acceptable amount with 4GB internal and 64GB external memory.
- With the Portrait Mode, The Night Sight and Motion Auto Focus, it offers an exceptional camera quality. The rear camera of the phone is 12.2MP, and the front camera is 8MP. These specs make this camera a great one among other Google and Samsung phones in this price range. The performance speed and efficiency of the phone are amazing.
- The battery installed in it is 3000mAh, and the battery life works well too as it charges pretty quickly and can give 7 hours of use in just 15 minutes of charging.
- It is available in the standard black, white, and even a beautiful purple color as well.
- It has a good battery life
- The performance of the phone is great
- It is very affordable
- It offers a great amount of storage space as much as 64GB.
- The display is very beautiful with OLED and has a 12.2MP back camera.
- This phone is not waterproof
- There is no slot for a micro SD card so you can’t have additional space.
Overall, the Google Pixel 3a is a good phone with great functionality and convenience. It gives the user all the basic features required with a good camera in a very affordable price range.
OnePlus 7T Pro
Next up is the OnePlus 7T Pro. It has got a lot of features inside it, the main being its display. This is a new phone and recently introduced in the market; hence the price of this one is slightly higher than the rest on the list.
- With OnePlus 7T Pro you will get a 6.7-inch long AMOLED fluid display. This phone is great for those who want a cinematic experience on their phones.
- It is also one of the fastest phones in the market right now with a refreshing speed of 90fps, which is more than the average 60fps that you find in other phones.
- Another remarkable thing about this phone is its speed. The speed is as good as the recent iPhone 11. The reason behind its speed is that the processor in it is Snapdragon 855+.
- The battery life of this phone is a huge benefit for anyone who might choose to get this as the battery installed in it is 4085mAh. The charging speed of the phone is fast as it has Warp charging. With the help of this feature, you can charge your phone completely in about 80 minutes maximum.
- It has 8GB RAM with a good amount of space.
- The triple rear camera works great as well as its 48MP + 16MP + 8MP.
- The display is huge and beautiful
- The charging speed is excellent
- It has a 48MP camera making it one of the best in this department
- The battery life is long with a 4085 battery in it
- Storage space is good with 8GB provided
- It can be too big for some users
- The grip on this phone can be hard as it has a slippery body
The OnePlus 7T Pro is a pretty great phone, the only reason why we have put it a little down the list is that it is not as affordable as the other two phones mentioned above, but the features provided in it make up for the price.
Google Pixel 4 XL
Google Pixel 4XL is a wonderful choice because of the tons of features that one gets from it. The phone is big enough with 6.3 inches and is P-OLED with a Smooth Display. The processor in it is Snapdragon 855+, which adds to its efficiency.
- The camera, which is the star of this phone offers amazing opportunities to the users for photography. It has front and back dual with 12.2 MP + 16 MP main cameras and 8 MPSelfie camera.
- The telephoto lens with 2x optical zoom offers dual exposure controls with the help of which you can alter the shadows and brightness while taking a picture. It has Night sight low light mode as well with which you can take clear and vivid pictures of the night sky even in utter darkness.
- The Al-powered white balance feature offers you bright and crisp colors.
- The Google Pixel 4 XL is water-resistant.
- The storage capacity is pretty good with 4GB internal RAM, and it is available in two storage options 64GB and 124GB. There is no option to insert an SD card to expand the memory, though.
- There is little to no danger for it lagging and getting slow as it has 90Hz refresh rate with the help of which the phone refreshes at a very fast speed
- The 3700 mAh battery in it isn’t bad either. The battery life is said to be around 9-10 hours which is pretty good.
- This phone is water-resistant
- Great camera with 12.2MP main camera
- The storage options provided are as large as 124GB with internal 4GB
- No expandable storage
- Battery life can be better
The Google Pixel 4 XL is a good phone with the overall features pretty much summing up all that you would want in a phone.
Moto G7 Power
The Moto G7 Power is the last phone on this list. The best thing about this phone is the battery life.
- A 6.2 inch LCD screen with LTPS LCD technology is meant to make your viewing experience amazing. The resolution won’t be a problem as well since you’ll be getting HD+.
- Brace yourself for one of the smoothest phone experience right now as the processor in it is Snapdragon 632 with 1.8 GHz octa-core CPU
- The storage might not be suitable for everyone as it is a little limited with 3GB and the internal storage offered is 32 GB. It has expandable storage options as well to compensate for the lack of greater internal space.
- The cameras of this phone are great as well. The back camera is 12 MP while the front is 8MP. With Portrait mode, Panorama, Manual mode, and LED flash, you’ll get the best camera experience. The camera functionality is great, and it takes good resolution pictures.
- Great battery life
- Large screen
- Snapdragon 632 chip processor
- Expandable memory option
- Good back camera of 12MP
- Fewer features as compared to other phones
- The design is very basic
Overall, the Moto G7 Power is a decent phone. It may lack a little in the storage department, but the expandable memory option makes up for it as you can insert a memory card.
Things to consider when choosing a new phone
Camera quality is one thing you should look for in a phone before buying it since people like to use cameras a lot to capture memories and getting a phone that doesn’t have good cameras in it might result in a loss of money.
Another very important thing is the storage capacity of the phone. If you want a phone with a large amount of storage, it might cost you more. A smart option would be to get one with low storage but expandable memory so you can always have some memory left.
Battery life is a huge factor one should always keep in mind while getting a new phone. Any phone with a battery life more than 10 to 11 hours should be a good choice.
If big screen size is something you are looking for in a phone, then anything above 6 inches would be perfect for you. It is though smart to get one that is within 6.3-6.4 inches as any phones above this limit can tend to be hard to carry and cause inconvenience.
For us, the best phone out of all of the ones mentioned above is the One Plus 7T Pro. It offers all the major necessary features and ticks all the requirements. The only problem is the size which might be a pro for some of you. The issue with the gripping can be solved once you get used to having it. Other than that, it is a perfect choice.
Out of the various phones available right now, we have handpicked the few that are affordable for the general population. These include new and old both types of phones. The choice depends on the consumers as to what they prefer more on their phone. All of the phones highlighted above each have their own qualities from great battery life to good cameras and large display. It all depends on the users as to what it is that they want more.
Leave a Reply