Table of Contents
- The Best UPS for Gaming PC
- CyberPower CP1500AVRLCD – Mini-tower backup system with Automatic Voltage Regulation (AVR)
- APC Sine Wave UPS Pro 1500VA – Premium power protector with sine wave technology
- Tripp Lite SMART1500 LCDT – Ideal because it can be connected to multiple products at once
- CyberPower CP1500 PFC LCD – Designed with sine wave for surge protection
- CyberPower BRG1500 AVRLCD – Mini-tower form factor, for power backup as well as reduction in consumption
- APC Back UPS Pro 700VA – Reliable surge protector and battery backup
- Factors To Consider Before You Purchase a UPS for your Gaming PC?
Losing data on your gaming PCs because of power outages is near heartbreaking. Especially if you are a pro PC gamer and you had stacked up on your high profile games. If you use your gaming PC often, an uninterruptible power supply system is definitely an essential.
Latest update on 2022-11-28 | Images | Affiliate links from Amazon Product Advertising API
After spending lots of time with your PC gaming machines, it is only right you protect yourself and your gaming PC from data loss because your power supply was cut off. There are many compact and slim uninterruptible power supply products available to protect your gaming PC.
To save your time poring through pages to find the right product for you, this guide has the best options for the best uninterruptible power supply that you can buy for any gaming PCs, as well as all the things you need to consider before settling down on choosing the UPS for PC gaming.
The Best UPS for Gaming PC
After our extensive research, we have narrowed down the options for the best uninterruptible power supply, and below are the some of the best UPS for PC gaming that we have uncovered
CyberPower CP1500AVRLCD – Mini-tower backup system with Automatic Voltage Regulation (AVR)
CyberPower CP1500AVRLCD is a 900Watts/1500VA UPS system that protects your Gaming PC as well as any normal desktop PC and other powered devices like home entertainment systems, gaming consoles, and network devices from an unexpected power cut.
- 900Watts/1500VA system
- 6 outlets
- Power saving – up to 75% of energy consumption
- Display (LCD) gives output voltage reading
The CyberPower CP1500AVRLCD is a black, compact uninterruptible power supply that has a Line interactive system which automatically rectifies any power fluctuations to save on your energy consumption.
It also has other additional features like an on/off switch that is accident proof. CyberPower CP1500AVRLCD also displays detailed information regarding the UPS battery status and power . The LCD display also shows the load and the UPS battery capacity.
- Comes with a 3 year warranty
- Works quietly
- Sold at a reasonable price for its worth
- Easy to set-up
- Convenient sized LCD screen showing output voltage reading and battery status is quite useful
- Quite heavy
- Some models have a few quality issues like loud noise
While CP1500AVRLCD has a few drawbacks, it is largely a good product particularly for its LCD display.
Offering enough UPS battery backup runtime for gaming PCs, Sine Wave is one of the best UPS system for home use in the market today.
- Sine Wave has total of 10 outlets
- 24 volts power supply
- Sine Wave emits a high pitched noise which is an alarm or warming
- Sine Wave is Integrated with the AVR technology
- Sine Wave has serial connectivity
- USB ports are available in Sine Wave
- Reliable UPS battery backup
The APC Sine Wave UPS Pro 1500VA is integrated with the AVR technology that maintains safe battery voltage by regulating low or high voltages during power fluctuations without using UPS battery backup power. With a total of ten outlets, of which five are UPS power backups and surge protection while the other 5 are for surge protector only
This uninterruptible power supply (UPS) also offers enough UPS battery runtime allowing a PC user to save all their files and have a graceful shutdown of their gaming PCs in case of a power cut. The Sine Wave is one of the best UPS for gaming that can be used without the PowerChute software. PowerChute is nonetheless recommended because it offers additional settings and data for the UPS system. Also, if the UPS battery backup is running on a steady half of the rated wattage, the Sine Wave can last up to 30 minutes offering a steady supply of power.
APC Sine Wave has a few faults. For instance, Sine Wave emits a high pitched sound that warns the user in case of a power cut or low battery power. This sound from the APC Sine Wave can be quite annoying.
- LCD status display shows the status of the UPS system which is vital
- Efficient because of AVR
- Offers a battery power failure notification as a warning
- Reliable battery backup
- Has adjustable voltage points either widening or tightening your range
- Fitted with user-replaceable batteries
- The circuit breaker is resettable thus has easy recovery from overloads
- Sine wave technology
- The high pitched alarm noise can be quite annoying for users
Despite the annoying high pitched noise when a power outage occur, the purchase of APC Sine Wave UPS Pro 1500VA is still advisable as its advantages outweigh its disadvantages. It is integrated with AVR which ensures the power protection of your gaming PC during voltage fluctuations and is definitely one of the best UPS for gaming PC being sold in the market as of today.
Tripp Lite SMART1500 LCDT – Ideal because it can be connected to multiple products at once
The Tripp Lite SMART1500 is another choice for the best UPS that offers a steady supply of power for Gaming PC and network equipment for up to even 90 minutes in case of unexpected power outage.
- User-replaceable battery
- Line interactive tower with an LCD display
- Load capacity is 1500volts and 900 watts
- 6 foot input cord is sold together with the package
- Built-in alarm indicating power loss or low battery
- Battery backup
- Installed with AVR
The Tripp lite SMART1500 LCDT uninterruptible power supply is long lasting and reliable product. It can survive up to 90 minutes offering a steady supply of power on a gaming PC. Tripp Lite SMART1500 has a total of 10 outlets five of which are for battery power back up while the other 5 are for surge protection only. The Tripp Lite SMART1500 is the best UPS and also has the AVR technology which ensures regulation of the voltage flowing through.
The topology of this uninterruptible power supply is line interactive which protects valuable equipment (like your gaming PC) and also helps avoid data loss or downtime. The Tripp Lite SMART1500 UPS also has a battery backup in case of any power failure with one battery. Tripp Lite SMART1500 also has an alarm and a notification sound that goes off to indicate either a power outage or low battery. The manufacturers of Tripp Lite SMART1500 offer a 3 year warranty as an equipment guarantee to their customers.
The biggest advantage of this uniquely best UPS is that the Tripp Lite SMART1500 can connect to a large selection of different products and that it has a USB port that can allow connectivity of different devices like cell phones and others
- AVR makes it efficient
- Can connect to multiple products at once
- Reliable battery backup lasting up to 90minutes
- Quality LCD screen to show the status of the UPS
- The manufacturers offer a 3 year warranty
- Tripp Lite SMART1500 has EMI and RRI noise filtering
- It has an alarm system that can be annoying to its users
Tripp Lite stands out because of its many quality features. If you are looking to have a battery backup for your gaming PC as well as other devices, the Tripp Lite SMART1500 is the best UPS product for you.
CyberPower CP1500 PFC LCD – Designed with sine wave for surge protection
With data line power protection and a total of 10 outlets this is the best UPS could not miss the list.
- Installed with 2 USB port for charging electronic gadget (e.g. mobile device)
- Designed with AVR technology
- Comes with a 5 foot input cord
- UPS has a total of 10 outlets
- Data line protection
- Large and clear LCD display
- Offers up to 1030 joules protection
The CyberPower CP1500 PFC LCD has a power capability of 1500 volts and 900 watts. It is installed with 10 outlets of which 5 of them are for battery and surge protection and the other 5 are for power surge protection only.
It comes with a long power cord that is 5 feet which comes in handy if there is a long distance for the connectivity. It also has 2 USB front charging ports, increasing its power efficiency. CP1500 PFC is also commendable for it is highly durable as it can take up to 1030 joules.
CyberPower has a super clear and large LCD display that shows the estimated UPS runtime and also back up time. The manufacturers have offered a 3 year warranty to their customers.
- Good value for money for its battery capacity and also total efficiency
- USB port for charging
- Users are offered a 3 year warranty as an equipment guarantee
- Large and clear LCD screen display
- Shows the estimated UPS runtime
- Repair in case of any faults can be costly
The CyberPower CP1500 is a worth buying because it is definitely one of the best UPS and as it has power surge protection as required to protect your gadgets in case of power surges and it is also fitted with a LCD screen display that tells you most of the functions going on in the UPS. This keeps you in the know of the status of your battery backup.
CyberPower BRG1500 AVRLCD – Mini-tower form factor, for power backup as well as reduction in consumption
Yet another quality product that made it to the list of the best UPS is from CyberPower, this UPS has 12 outlets which ensure maximum power protection for all your devices.
- Fitted with AVR technology
- It has a USB port used for charging
- Line interactive topology
- Power capacity is 1500 volts and 900 watts
- Includes a total of 12 outlets
- RFI and EMI filters to filter out noise
The CyberPower BRG1500 AVRLCD is designed to reduce the power and energy consumption in addition to its other functions. It comes with a manual that is easy to understand for both amateur and pro PC gamer. It is detailed and clear so that one can easily know how to set it up and also learn more about the input voltage power of the product.
This UPS has a power capacity of 900 watts and 1500 volts. It also comes with 2 batteries offering a total of 12 volts. These batteries recharge time is 8 hours and can last 12 minutes on half time and 6 minutes on full time. This UPS absorbs a maximum of 1500 joules.
BRG1500 comes together with a 6 foot long power cable that can be used to plug it in even from a distance. It also has USB port that support and connect different multiple devices. Regarding its outlets, BRG1500 has a total of 12, 6 of which are for battery backup and surge protector and the other 6 are for protection for power surges only. Doubly integrated with the AVR you can be assured of optimal protection of your gaming PC as the UPS that protects its devices by regulating the voltage flow.
- LCD panel that shows the status of the device
- It has 12 outlets in total which is higher than most UPS
- Easy to operate because of its simple design
- AVR that ensures protection of its data
- It has port for USB that can be used to connect different devices
- This UPS has data line and also surge protection in case of any power outages
- The customer support is quite slow and can be a big let-down in case if any emergencies
BRG1500 has many quality features. For example, it has a very long power cord for efficiency. It also has a big visible LCD screen that shows you the status of the product. It is also safe and has an automatic self-test to notify you of any changes. For these reasons, it is definitely is one of the best UPS purchase for a gaming PC.
APC Back UPS Pro 700VA – Reliable surge protector and battery backup
If you are searching for a quality and best UPS but you are on a tight budget, APC Back UPS Pro 700VA can be within your price range and will work well for you.
- APC Back UPS Pro 700VA has 6 outlets in total
- APC Back UPS Pro 700VA has LED indicators
- APC Back UPS Pro 700VA has boost and trim Automatic Voltage Regulation (AVR)
- APC Back UPS Pro 700VA Comes with a 5ft power cord
- Battery life span of APC Back UPS Pro 700VA ranges from 2 to 4 years
- APC Back UPS Pro 700VA is Installed with audible alarms
- Load capacity of 420 watts and 700
APC Back UPS Pro 700VA UPS back up has 6 outlets; 3 for surge protection and all 6 are for battery back-up. It has a simple design which makes it easy to operate as it is not as technical as other UPS products. It also has the boost and trim automatic voltage regulation that ensures protection of the UPS.
This UPS has LED indicators which ensure an easy to read status of the UPS. It also has an audible alarm that goes off at the set time. This UPS comes with a power cord that is 5 foot long enabling it to be fitted from anywhere. The battery has a life span that ranges for 2 to 4 years but it all largely depends on whether you are a heavy PC gamer among other factors.
This APC UPS has a battery power capacity of 420 watts and 700 volts which is lower than most of the others. It also has a line interactive topology and an automatic self-test that ensures that all its components are running smoothly. The surge energy rating of this UPS is at 160 joules.
- Due to its simple design it is easy to operate
- It is installed with LED indicators that show the user its status to keep you in the know always
- Efficient as it has a long power cord (5 feet) thus can be connected even from afar
- Transfer time is extremely fast
- Pocket friendly making it available to most people
- The Automatic Voltage Regulation technology protects devices from high or low voltage
- Its safety has been approved and vouched for making it safe for use
- Compared to products within its price range, more outlets should have been designed for better efficiency
If you are on a tight budget and only considers UPS on a lower price range, the APC Back UPS Pro 700VA will be the best UPS fit for you to purchase. It is easy to use and has a simple yet efficient design. While it could do with more outlets, the Automatic Voltage Regulation technology and 5 feet long power cord more than makes up for its faults.
Factors To Consider Before You Purchase a UPS for your Gaming PC?
Power Cord Length
Simply put, the longer the cord, the better. When buying a UPS you would rather pick one that has a long enough cord to fit anywhere making it easier for you to operate.
Be sure to consider the UPS with a higher surge protection to ensure safety for your devices during low or high voltage fluctuations. UPS without surge protection is not useful and cannot even be regarded to as an UPS.
Battery Power Capacity and Equipment Power Requirements
The more battery power capacity a UPS has, the best UPS it can be because more power for battery backup will be available to you. Choosing the best UPS with 1500va which goes well with 900watts will work better for you as it offers reliable battery backup (compared to 800VA UPS) and will provide sufficient emergency backup power for your gaming PC, home entertainment systems, and network devices in case of an unexpected power cuts.
The more ports you have for use with many devices the better for you.When looking for the best UPS for gaming PC, its more advantageous to go with the one with more ports as it ensures the connectivity of multiple devices and as time goes by your demand for the use if the UPS can go higher and having many ports will accommodate this demand.
For a tech enthusiast, PC gamer, and other users alike, you require the best UPS fitted with a LCD display to show a couple of functions like battery backup time or the uninterruptible power supply (UPS) estimated runtime. Be sure to consider one with a clear and large display like CyberPower CP1500.
Buying the best UPS for PC gaming with an alarm system can be good as it notifies a user when the device is receiving low or high output voltage. You ought to consider one that is not unnecessarily noisy to interfere with your PC gaming experience.
Data Communication Protection
The higher quality Uninterrupted Power Supplies (UPS) offers data protection while the low quality ones probably do not offer data protection. You might consider parting with a few extra coins to get this valuable additional feature to get the best UPS for your gaming PC.
Uninterrupted Power Supplies (UPS) are crucial. Whether you are in the middle of a high-profile game or you are surfing on the internet, sudden power loss can be a bummer. This guide has illustrated on some of the quality options for the best UPS that are good enough for a gaming PC.
Leave a Reply