Table of Contents
- What is a Resin 3D Printer?
- Our 10 Best Resin 3D Printer
- What to Look for When Choosing Resin 3D Printers?
- Final Words
3D printers are the new ‘in’ technology for which people are going crazy. Who doesn’t love their designs and creations coming to life through 3D printing? This technology has taken over the world and is also on its way to replace the traditional printing style. 3D printers won’t take long to take over the printer market for good, and soon wherever you go, you will find a 3D printer. Out of the different 3D printers available, 3D printing enthusiasts love resin 3D printers the most.
Latest update on 2022-12-08 | Images | Affiliate links from Amazon Product Advertising API
Why is that so? The answer is because resin 3D printers perform with a hundred percent accuracy. These printers produce a variety of materials and are very quick with their results. When the 3D printers first came into existence, they were available for thousands of dollars. However, today most desktop 3D printers are cheaper than most 2D printers. Read on to learn more about resin printers:
What is a Resin 3D Printer?
In 1986, inventor Chuck Hull was the first human who created the 3D printing technology. Another name for this printing technology is Stereo Lithography (SLA). Photo Polymerization is a process that manufactures resin 3D printers. This process uses layers of lasers to harden resins. These resins are mostly UV-sensitive. This technique has further invented new techniques such as LCD and DLP. The DLP technique uses a video projector to harden the resins and produce 3D models. In contrast, the LCD technique uses an LCD screen to produce UV light.
The level and kind of resolution that a resin 3D printer provides is beyond exceptional. Suppose you expect quality results from your printer or prefer small models with minute details. In that case, a resin 3D printer is all you need.
The invention of 3D technology is almost 30 years old. Now in 2020, after so many years, it has become easily accessible and highly effective than it was 30 years back. The popularity of resin 3D printers is reaching the sky. However, many people still find it hard to select a resin printer for themselves. The variety is enormous. With more options come great confusion. To help you figure out the best resin 3D printer, we have reviewed our top 10 choices. These 10 printers are our favorite, and there are many reasons behind this statement. So, dig in further and read why and which resin 3D printers we think you should buy!
Our 10 Best Resin 3D Printer
ELEGOO is a famous brand name when it comes to resin 3D printers. This company has been manufacturing components of printers since 2014. However, ELEGOO Mars is their very first resin 3D printer, which uses UV technology. It is an LCD resin 3D Printer, one of the most popular 3D printers among consumers. ELEGOO Mars has a fantastic industrial structure. This printer is extremely user-friendly, which means that it is suitable for anyone, even those without first-hand experience with 3D printing. It comes in a semi-assembled form. It takes only 5 minutes to assemble this printer and make it ready for work.
- Comes with CHITUBOX slicing software, which takes just a minute to slice 30Mb
- CHITUBOX uses 40w UV lights when using ELEGOO resin
- Uses a printing technology called the LED Display procuring
- Has a touch screen of almost 305 inches
- Has a steel ball structure and a robust platform for easy assembly
- Uses 2560×1440 2K HD LCD for accurate printing and excellent resolution
- Has 22.5mm/h printing speed
- The inbuilt CHITUBOX Slicing Software gives a fantastic user experience.
- This resin 3D printer has excellent printing results.
- The CHITUBOX in the printer helps save resin during the photocuring process, conserving many materials and money.
- The touch screen is of the perfect size, which means that you can enjoy this resin printer even for an off-line printing project.
- It is affordable.
- Since this printer is popular, finding answers to queries about the product on any online platform is convenient.
- Some parts of this printer lack quality, and you will have no option other than to replace them.
Calling ELEGOO Mars, the most convenient and easy-to-use 3D printer won’t be wrong. This printer is affordable yet straightforward to use. From assembling to its printing results, everything serves to ensure the user’s feasibility. Isn’t it an excellent resin 3D printer to own? Yes, it is!
Anycubic Photon S
The Anycubic Photon has been the most favorite 3D printer of technology lovers for a long time. The Anycubic Photon S is its upgraded version, and it’s as popular as its predecessor. With Photon S, Anycubic has gathered research and development from various countries to produce an excellent resin 3D printer for professional and personal use.
The Photon S has a better UV light system than all its former versions. It has a high-resolution screen that distributes energy uniformly through the whole printer. It also has a better filtration system, which provides excellent ventilation. Another updated feature of Photon S is its two Z-rails, which are equally stable when we use them for printing. This resin printer promises to deliver high-quality prints, and its setup procedure is also easy and quick. Its assembly doesn’t take more than 10 minutes.
- Comes in a preassembled state with all tools to set up
- Comes with two Z-rails, which assist bed movement and stability
- Has an upgraded UV lighting for better accuracy and printing resolution
- Has a touch screen with an easy-to-eyes interface for superb usability
- Double air filtration system to help uniform distribution of heat
- Carbon filtration to help divert the odor which the printing process produces
- Machine size is 230 x 200 x 400 mm
- Uses Photon S workshop software for installation
- Prints at the rate of 20mm/h
- Weighs around 19 pounds
- The Photon S is easy to set up.
- It has some great features when you compare it with its former version. From a better air filtration system to dual rails, this 3D printer is indeed a much successful production.
- It uses an updated UV lighting system for excellent printing results and resolution.
- The structure and design of this 3D printer are highly durable.
- It has a plastic case, which gives it a cheap look.
- It has poor aftermarket support.
Suppose you want a resin 3D printer that is not only affordable but performs amazingly well. In that case, Photon S is the one we recommend you. It is an upgraded printer, which means the manufacturer has adequately graded all its functions to meet users’ requirements.
Pursa is a name famous for producing high-quality FDM 3D printers for many years. In the year 2018, it entered the resin 3D printer market with the successful launch of Pursa SL1. This printer uses an LCD screen to harden each layer of resin within a few seconds.
The ease of operation this printer comes with gives users a premium feel. It does not ask you to twist and turn the knob for scrolling through the menu. Instead, it has a unique click wheel knob and a touchscreen option, which allows you to browse through the printer menu with ease. Its UI provides you with much information, including print time, the left-over resin, and the layer height. It also shows the layers you are printing. It has a tank that makes it easy to change the tray. It is a great-looking printer with a price lower than many resin 3D printers.
- Uses a 5.5 high-resolution LCD screen for producing 0.047mm per pixel
- Has a dual and durable frame
- Has a motorized tilting bed in its resin tank for improved print quality and faster print speed
- Uses a high-performance UV lighting feature
- Comes with a removable resin tank
- Offers reliability with a rigid structure and durable design
- Pursa SL1 is a well-constructed printer for a professional setup and personal setup.
- It offers excellent performance because of its high-resolution UV lighting feature and the LCD screen.
- It is easy to set up.
- The motorized tilting bed in the resin tank provides faster and high-quality printing.
- The durable frame of this printer renders its stability.
- It is an affordable printer to own.
- It supports third-party resin.
- Since this printer’s manufacturers have only produced FDM 3D printers before this, customers might have trust issues.
It is a high-performance 3D printer with an affordable price tag. Pursa SL1 is a printer that works well for professionals, 3D printing enthusiasts, and DIYers. It is compact and has a durable structure, which can be an excellent value for your money. With some noticeable features such as a removable resin tank and a high-resolution LCD screen, this printer is sure to produce work of appreciable quality.
Suppose you want to own an excellent resin 3D printer but are on a budget. In that case, Anycubic Photon Zero is a perfect choice for you. This Anycubic’s introductory printer follows Photon S’s footsteps when it comes to performance and printing results. The first best thing about this printer is that it comes completely assembled, so you can start printing the minute after you receive it.
Anycubic Photon Zero offers excellent precision with outstanding results. It has an in-built anti-aliasing system that ensures the smooth finishing of the printed models. Its updated UV module ensures a better distribution of light and heat to achieve better precision.
- Comes in an assembled form. Its assembly requires only the attachment of the resin van with the build platform
- Comes with a kit that has gloves, a mask, a USB drive, and an adapter
- Has parallel LED and an in-built anti-aliasing feature for a smooth print result
- Comes with an excellent cooling system for a stabilized printing performance
- Has linear rails for a consistent finish
- Has a humanized design
- Has a durable structure
- Photon Zero takes most of its quality from Photon S. People who love the last two printers will undoubtedly fall in love with Photon Zero.
- It is an introductory 3D printer, which makes it perfect for beginners.
- It is highly affordable.
- Its ease of use makes it popular among kids.
- The print quality is just adequate. The user looking for a high-quality printer must choose something else.
is the 3D printer for those who just entered the world of 3D printing. As a beginner, you would want lots of ease while using a printer and a budget-friendly purchase, and that’s what Zero promises. The fact that it comes all assembled tells how the company cares about its users.
QIDI Tech Shadow 5.5 S
QIDI is famous for producing affordable, high-quality FDM printers. The Shadow 5.5 S picks up exactly from where its other FDM printers left off. It is a low-cost 3D printer with a 2K LCD screen that can print at 47 microns. Unlike many other 3D printers, Shadow 5.5 S has a dual rail design for the Z-axis’s stability to ensure a smooth printing process. The double filtration system in this printer makes it more impressive. The filtration system filters out any lousy odor so that you can enjoy the process.
- Has an industrial design that offers printing with precision
- Aesthetic design as all parts come with alloy casing and acrylic covers
- Provides better stability during the printing process with its dual-rail, optical structure, and double-slider
- Has a 2K LCD screen
- Has a sturdy glass
- Has a printing area of 115 x 65 x 150 mm
- Uses matrix ultraviolet light
- Printer dimensions are 245 x 230 x 420mm
- The Shadow 5.5 S comes with a highly stable structure, making printing a smooth and easy process.
- It has a re-installed professional slicing software, which saves a lot of resin and slices faster.
- The well-constructed filtration system filters out resin odor for a flawless printing experience.
- This printer is most useful in sectors like architecture, medicine, jewelry designing, and education.
- The paint of the resin van starts to peel off very quickly.
A drama-free resin 3D printer with excellent performance, Shadow 5.5 S is one the most incredible 3D printers for beginners. If you are also new to 3D printing, get this printer now. QIDI’s customer support is excellent, which makes it a company worth your trust.
Longer Orange 30
Longer is a Chinese company that is slowly and steadily making its mark in the LCD 3D primer market through its well-manufactured resin 3D printers. Longer 30 is a new and improved resin 3D printer that promises to offer high-performance. This printer is slightly bigger than Orange 10. If you are looking forward to making large resin models, this is the printer for you. This printer has a well-designed Z-axis that offers better stability than its predecessor.
Orange 30 has a long structure with an ability to produce 20 mm higher models at a time. If you love long printing objects, this one is for you!
- Has a 2k LCD screen and offers a big size printing
- Has a slider design with a reliable linear guide for accuracy and stability
- Integrated UV illumination for better performance and high intensity
- Colored touch screen
- An in-built temperature detection system
- Cooling system
- Comes with CHITUBOX support
- A high precision 3D printer with an improved structure, Orange 30 is one of the top resin printers for people with a limited budget.
- It has an extended structure, which means it will suit the people who love owning large-sized printers.
- It produces long 3D models with beautiful finishing.
- It has self-developed slicing software that provides fast printing speed.
- Orange 30 uses UV light for better heat distribution.
- It is an excellent resin 3D printer for starters.
- This printer doesn’t come with resin, so you will have to buy it separately.
Orange 30 is an affordable resin 3D printer with features to give a kick start to people who are just beginning to enter the world of 3D printing. It has a stable layout with quality features that enables it to produce excellent results.
3D Systems FabPro 1000
FabPro 1000 is an industrial printer. Irrespective of its small build volume, Fab performs much better than many resin 3D printers in the market. It has terrific printing abilities that offer a hundred percent printing accuracy. Its thickness of 30-microns makes it a suitable 3D printer for fields like dentistry and jewelry designing. If you want a resin 3D printer that can create wax, Fab Pro 1000 is your best match.
Fab Pro has a three times faster printing speed than many of its competitors. The manufacturer has engineered this printer for efficient use of the material and to establish consistency in runtime. These two factors make this printer accessible to the masses and affordable for beginners.
- Uses a projector to keep a check on each layer during a printing process
- Printer size: 16.9 x 16.9 x 24.1inches
- Weight: 82.67 lbs.
- Uses a UV curing unit for better finishing
- Includes manufacturing software
- Six sigma ensures consistent quality
- It is an entry-level 3D printer that offers performance and stability in the printing process.
- Fab Pro 1000 is ideal for dental applications, prototyping, and jewelry designing industries
- Its print management software is straightforward to use.
- Fab Pro 1000 requires a simple UV curing process on all objects, which means the models don’t take long to make.
- This printer is perfect for creating wax molds.
- Its design is compact that offers reliability and durability.
- Its build volume is small.
If you are on a budget and thinking of buying a 3D resin printer at a reasonable price, Fab Pro 1000 is a great choice. It has all the qualities of a well-designed and well-performing 3D printer. A compact printer with easy assembling and great features, Fab Pro 1000 is perfect for users who want to spend their money on something long-lasting.
Zortrax is another brand that is popular for producing well-known FDM 3D printers. This brand has recently entered the resin 3D printers’ market through its Inkspire 3D printer. With Inkspire, Zortrax has used UV LCD technology to produce an accurate and precise printing machine. The purpose of Zortrax with Inkspire was to achieve a high-quality 3D printing machine.
Inkspire has a 50-micron XY resolution, which is enough for all kinds of applications. It also has a 4-inch touch screen that you can connect to Wi-Fi through a USB cable. Inkspire is eight times faster and 10 times more precise with UV LCD than an SLA 3D printing machine.
- Uses UV LCD technology for extraordinary results
- Has 50-micron pixel size and 25-micron layer height
- Has a structure made of metal
- Has a USB port for connectivity
- Can offer connectivity through Wi-Fi
- Print Speed: 20-36 mm/h
- Build Volume: 74 x 132 x 175 mm
- This printer provides a far more precise and fast printing facility than other resin 3D printers.
- Inkspire can produce models with beautiful details and invisible clean layers.
- The best thing about Inkspire is that it remains consistent with its speed irrespective of the size of the workspace.
- This printing is apt for printing farms that are into short-term manufacturing.
- This printer has innovative technology, which means it is here to stay for long.
- It is an expensive 3D printer.
If you are looking for an innovative resin desktop 3d printer, we can’t recommend Inkspire enough. Inkspire has all the qualities that a 3D printer must have. Its performance, speed, and accuracy are unmatchable. If money is not a problem for you, go nowhere because no 3D printer comes close to what Inkspire offers.
ELEGOO Mars Pro
ELEGOO Mars Pro is an upgrade version of ELEGOO Mars, which has surprised many people. It delivers outstanding performance with high precision. It has a linear structure that utilizes the Z-axis for a sturdier performance.
ELEGOO Mars promises a great user experience. This printer comes with a rubber seal. This seal is silicone, and you can put it on the cover to prevent the spread of any printing odor. It also has an activated built-in carbon. This carbon absorbs the resin odor to prevent any spread. Mars Pro features improved precision and provides a perfect finishing.
- A linear structure for enhanced accuracy and stability
- Interface with a simple design and a dark theme
- Comes with a silicone rubber seal to keep the odor from leaking and spreading
- Has a cooling fan to keep the machine ventilated
- Has an aluminum resin vet for sturdiness
- Has a USB port on the front
- Printer Dimensions: 7.87 x 7.87 x 16.14inches
- Weight: 16.5lbs.
- Build Volume: 4.53 x 2.56 x 5.9mm
- Mars Pro is a 3D printer that offers great precision and performance when it comes to 3D printing.
- The printer provides a safe user-experience with its rubber seal and cooling system.
- It is incredibly lightweight and convenient to use.
- Mars Pro has a source of UV LED light that provides a uniform light emission.
- This printer is brilliantly efficient when it comes to printing big models.
- It is not at all expensive.
- This printer doesn’t have enough features to cater to the industrial requirements.
Mars Pro is a superb 3D printer for those looking for a basic 3D printer with a small price tag. There is no doubt that the performance and accuracy it offers is spectacular. If you are looking to keep a 3D printer at home to create beautiful models, this printer will prove to be a great choice.
Monoprice Mini is a high-resolution resin 3D printer and produces detailed prints. In comparison with filament-based 3D printers, this printer produces top-quality results. It uses an LCD screen to cure layers of resins.
This printer has a built-in Z-axis and a rail system that encourages stable movement. The rail system prevents any wobble from keeping the print surface as steady as possible. It has an improved build surface than that of its predecessors. This well-developed build surface prevents bad printing results. The printer comes completely assembled, and all you will have to do is connect it to Wi-Fi and add the sample resin. Monoprice Mini has an in-built web UI that you may use to slice the files without using separate software.
- Has a z-axis couple and a rail system for stability
- A ball joint to connect the printer bed to the z-axis
- Uses 405mm photosensitive resin as a printing material
- Comes with a build plate and a vat
- The inbuilt Web UI system
- Can connect to a Wi-Fi network
- Comes with a micro SD card, an AC power adapter, cord, and some sample resins
- Build volume: 118 x 65 x 110mm
- Monoprice Mini is an affordable resin 3D printer with so much stability and performance to offer.
- It has an in-built web UI system that slices and models files.
- This printer accepts files in several formats, which makes the whole printing process very simple and quick.
- The improved Z-axis and rail system provide accurate printing results.
- Slicing through web UI can prove to be very slow and tedious if your internet connection has disruptions.
We can’t recommend Monoprice Mini enough. It is an excellent printer for its reasonable price. It does have its customer support issues, but this machine offers excellent performance and accuracy with your prints. Avoid oversized printing items, in any case. This printer is perfect for small models only.
What to Look for When Choosing Resin 3D Printers?
There are many factors that you must consider before you make that final purchase.
Resin 3D printers are famous for their resolutions, but the results differ from company to company. If you consider resolution a priority and want great printing results, review different printers available in the market and, if possible, test them on your own.
An unstable resin 3D printer is of no use. Make sure that your 3D printer has stable z-axis and a sound rail system to produce accurate results.
The Reason to Buy
Know the reason for your purchase. If you aim to buy a 3D printer to produce small 3D objects with detail, go for a resin 3D printer. Those who want to create large 3D models should spend money on an FDM 3D printer.
When you decide to buy a resin 3D printer, considering safety is essential. Most printers have beds that turn hot and can end up causing bad burns on your skin. Some resin 3D printers have an open print area without any enclosure. If you are a clumsy person or have a kid in the house, rethink buying a 3D printer that lacks safety features.
Resin printers are way more affordable now than they were a few years back. But still, some companies are charging a high price for these printers. This factor is essential to consider ensuring whether you can afford a resin 3D printer or not.
All the above-mentioned resin 3D printers are our favorites, but when it comes to some categories, the following three matches perfectly:
QIDI Tech Shadow 5.5 S for its structure and performance
Pursa SL1 for its precision and accuracy
Best value for money
ELEGOO Mars for its affordability and printing results
A resin 3D Printer is a new-age technology that takes creativity and imagination to a new level. Owning a good resin 3D Printer is like learning a new skill with a machine that offers stability, accuracy, and performance. If you are eager to buy a resin 3D printer, make sure to analyze its features properly with other similar-looking printers.
Make sure you go through more customer reviews and feedbacks before making the final purchase. Remember, with the resin 3D printers, price is the factor you should be least concerned about because even the most amazing 3D printers are available at low prices now. Look for its features and its output. When you are content with these two things, waste no time to buy your dream resin 3D printer!
Leave a Reply