Table of Contents
- Printer Requirements for Sticker Printing
- The 5 Best Printer for Sticker Printing
- What to Look for When Choosing a Sticker Printer?
- Final Words
Product labeling has been seen as a mandatory practice for many businesspersons and hobbyists. Be it for a brand publicity or to create a vibrant atmosphere, stickers help serve both purposes. Nowadays, the trend has changed as people have explored the true essence of printing their customized stickers rather than outsourcing them. This helps reduce the cost of production and gives you the liberty to decide the production speed.
Latest update on 2022-11-25 | Images | Affiliate links from Amazon Product Advertising API
your creative extent and skills to design such stickers can be very enjoyable and attracting. However, the main issue is to maintain high quality while production. Therefore, a prerequisite to achieving such a feat is a high-quality sticker printer. This is, undoubtedly, not an easy task to look for a printer that not only fulfills your requirements but is also easy on the budget. This can become a daunting a challenge to look for the right option when you have so many versatile options available online.
Well, you do not need to look anywhere else as we have got you completely covered. Here is the list of the five best sticker printers to help you choose the
right one that fits your needs.
Printer Requirements for Sticker Printing
Here are a few points which you need to consider while buying a sticker printer:
You should keep in mind that the printer’s overall cost can be more than the cost paid initially. So, you have to consider the price for refilling the ink cartridge. It may seem less initially, but with time it may become a burden. Therefore, a printer that supports ink over a long time and is also cost-effective is the best option.
A printer which provides a low quality or blurred output is the last thing you would want. Printer quality is measured in dot per inch, and for good, colored printing 1200 x 1200 per inch dot is required, which is considered a
fairly high-quality printing resolution.
Speed of Printing
The majority of people prefer fast printing when dealing with bulk printing. A machine that is poor in speed makes the task tedious and frustrating. If you are printing higher volumes, go for a printer with lesser speed; however, if your printing volume is less, you can save that money. The ideal speed would be to print ten colored and 20 black and white pages in a minute.
One annoying thing is that some printers are designed not to accept ink from a third-party. Therefore, you have to research thoroughly before buying the machine about whether or not it’s universal. This can help save you from a lot of inconvenience in the future.
The 5 Best Printer for Sticker Printing
The Epson Expression Premium XP-7100 is an elementary to medium level all-purpose compact inkjet printer developed to suit home-based office or small-scale commercial use perfectly. It possesses exceptional photo printing quality and is equipped with a modern automatic duplexing document feeder allowing the documents to be printed, copied, and scanned on both sides with manual interference. It has a monochrome printing speed of up to 15.8 papers per minute, while in colored printing, its speed is 11 ppm. Furthermore, this printer provides a high image resolution of 5760×1440, making it highly suitable for printing good quality stickers featuring vivid colors. XP-7100 provides a maximum print size of 8×10 inches without side borders.
It is also compatible with Wi-Fi Direct, USB drive, and SD cards. Another prominent attribute is that this printer has five ink cartridges and thereby supports the design of high-quality stickers with multiple color shading options. XP-7100 is very specific in terms of the ink type being used for printing as it never accepts inks from third-party manufacturers. However, the printer has some limitations from the economic perspective as the cost-per-printout is fairly high, limiting its feasibility to only small or medium volume printing. These perks and many other remarkable attributes make XP-7100 a great choice in the market for printing labels and stickers.
- Exceptional photo quality and vivid colored illustrations due to five ink cartridges
- Print size of up to 8×10 inches without side borders
- Touchscreen display of 4.3 inches
- Dedicated slots for USB or SD connections
- Convenient access through cell phones and tablets
- Printing can be done on specialty papers or DVDs/CDs
- 30-page automatic document feeder
- Auto-duplex printing, copying, and scanning technology
- Provides high printing resolution of 5760×1440
- Photos uploaded on social media applications can be conveniently printed by using the Creative Print app
- Excellent print quality with 5760×1440 resolution
- Five-colored printing feature
- Multiple ports for connecting storage devices, e.g., USB/SD card
- Allows photos to be printed on DVS, CDS, or any other special medium.
- Auto-duplex printing
- The first-time installation process is often difficult
- Not compatible with inks by third-party manufacturers
- The built quality of the printer is not up to the mark
- High operational cost
XP-7100 provides reasonable color quality with wide gradient tones due to the presence of five ink cartridges, so the overall printing quality is above average. However, it provides a low page yield, and the cost per print is a bit high, which questions the operational cost-effectiveness of this product.
Canon PIXMA TS6320 BK
The Canon PIXMA TS6320 BK is an ideal choice for domestic use and small-scale businesses. It has a sleek design, is very convenient to handle, and does not require large space. The printer provides dual trays for simultaneously loading plain paper and hard paper for printing photos or stickers. It has a
very user-friendly software and hardware interface. The cost-per-print is reasonable but not comparable to laser printers.
PIXMA TS6320 provides a decent print resolution of up to 4800 x 1200 and supports five ink cartridges to obtain good color quality and wide gradients. It offers a great print size of 8.5×14 and is compatible to work with different paper types and dimensions. The in-built Wi-Fi feature facilitates easy connectivity with external devices, e.g., mobile phones and computers. Moreover, files to be printed can be sent by Android or Apple devices by using Canon’s free mobile printing app or Apple® AirPrint. This printer also provides automatic duplexing features where documents and photos can be printed on both sides without manual intervention.
- Wireless printing option
- High print resolution
- Supports five ink cartridges for vivid color representation
- Offers multiple connectivity options through in-built Wi-Fi and Bluetooth options
- Equipped with automatic dual-side printing feature
- IFTTT (IF This Then That) support
- ENERGY STAR certification
- Colored print speed of 15 pages per minute and black print speed of 10 pages per minute
- User-friendly hardware and software interface
- Sleek and compact design
- Less initial cost
- Good print yield per minute
- Not compatible with third-party inks
- Lacks the automatic paper feeding feature
- Print resolution of up to 4800 x 1200
- High operational cost
The Canon PIXMA TS6320 BK can be purchased at a comparatively low cost than other sticker printers available in the market, making it a great choice for small-budget businesses. However, the operational cost is relatively higher. This printer is a perfect choice if you are occasionally printing stickers as a hobby but might not be feasible for commercial printing.
Epson Expression ET-2750
The Epson Expression ET-2750 is equipped with a uniquely designed EcoTank that does not contain ink cartridges. The EcoTank has the potential to print around 6,500 black pages and 5,200 colored pages. ET-2750 is very famous due to this explicit feature. It contains ink replacement bottles, which are considered budget-efficient in the long-run, saving the money associated with replacing ink cartridges every now and then. A pack of ink replacement bottles contains ink equal to 80 regular ink cartridges.
The printer has a high initial cost, but as it saves money usually spent replacing ink cartridges, the total initial and operational cost becomes comparable with other printer types. Furthermore, this printer provides an auto-duplexing feature; however, it does not support automatic paper feeding. It has a fairly decent print resolution of up to 5760×1440, which can provide good quality stickers with vivid color representation. Compared with other sticker printers, the printing speed is relatively slow, i.e., 10.5 and 5 pages per minute for black and colored prints, respectively.
- Black and colored print speed of 10.5 and 5 pages per minute, respectively
- High print resolution of up to 5760×1440
- Equipped with an EcoTank which can print 6,500 black pages and 5,200 colored pages
- Saves more than 80% operational cost spent on replacing ink cartridges
- Supports wireless printing
- Allows easy connectivity with external devices
- Auto-duplex printing feature
- Enable printing in the absence of internet signals by using Wi-Fi direct
- Saves the cost of replacing ink cartridges
- High printing quality with a resolution of 5760×1440
- Weighs only 13.2 lbs, so allows easy mobility and handling
- Very less print yield per minute
- Lacks auto-feeder technology
- Lacks compatibility with inks from third-party manufacturers
ET-2750 is a perfect choice for getting reasonable quality stickers at a low cost. The resolution is not exceptional, but it’s great enough if considered in terms of the operational cost. This printer will suit well to businesses looking for an economically viable option for getting good quality stickers for a short time and are not willing for a long-term investment.
Canon PIXMA Pro-100
The Canon PIXMA Pro-100 is the best professional color printer. It is ideal for people who are printing stickers professionally with the best quality. It can support eight ink cartridges allowing you access a wide range of colors and gradients for your photos. Moreover, three out of the eight cartridges support grayscale printing, best for those who enjoy black and white printing.
Ruined picture quality can be heartbreaking. The Optimum Image Generating System of this printer offers you a high printing resolution of 4800×2400 dots per inch, allowing you to print photos as per the color gradient you want. Its media size of 13×19″ is unmatched in the market, having no comparison with the printers listed above. Unlike other printers, this printer has no compatibility issues with ink as it can support CLI 42 ink tanks, replacing only the inks which run out. Further, it supports multiple connections such as Wi-Fi, AirPrint, and USB, enabling you to print your photos directly from any compatible device, making it free from connecting your PC. However, this printer is heavy on the budget and has a fairly high price, and weighs more than usual.
- Eight dye-based inks supporting vibrant color gradients
- Three dye-based inks dedicated to grayscale printing
- Maximum size of media, i.e., 13×19″
- Auto as well as manual sheet feeder available.
- Incredibly high printing resolution of 4800×2400 dots per inch using FINE technology
- High number of printing nozzles, 768 per color and 6144 in total
- Weight: 43.2 lbs.
- Supports a smartphone-based printing app called AirPrint
- Provides built-in CD and DVD printing
- Supports eight ink cartridges
- Offers multiple connections such as Wi-Fi and USB
- No compatibility issues with ink cartridges
- Borderless printing
- Printing can be done free of PC
- Price as compared to other options is higher
- The printer is heavy, weighing 43.2 lbs.
- Minor issues in printing quality
Canon PIXMA Pro-100 is not light on the budget, and due to its heavyweight, it is definitely not a portable printer. However, quality-wise, it one of the best options available in the market with the ability to produce professional results. When analyzing the list for sticker printers, Canon Pro-100 might be on the low end, but it can be a smart pick for photo enthusiasts who want to produce a high-quality picture.
HP ENVY 5055
One of the most notable printer brands in the market is HP offering a great variety of printers. Out of the many printers available, HP ENVY 5055 stands out considerably as an entry-level printer, ensuring good quality and wide functionality. Compared with other high-end sticker printers, this one is cheaper and an ideal option for homes and business places. It will easily merge into your work environment with its sleek and stylish look without taking up much space. It supports an interactive monochrome touch screen to view information and settings that are extremely easy to comprehend.
Further, HP offers its users the service to get printer ink replaced whenever it runs out, making it an ideal printer for bulk printing. Printing resolution is quite high, i.e., 4800×1200 dpi; however, the printer lacks an auto-feeder. The printing speed is also decent, i.e., 10 ppm and 7 ppm for black and white and colored printing, respectively. Although 8 ppm is comparatively slower when compared to other options. The media size offered by the printer is 8.5×14″, also providing multiple connectivity options such as Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. Keeping in view all the features, ENVY 5055 is a suitable option for printing stickers, which is at the same time convenient to operate.
- Replacement of the HP ENVY 4520
- Supports Bluetooth, Wi-Fi connection making printing speed reliable and fast
- All in one printer that provides high quality, borderless printing with additional functions such as scanning and copying
- Available with an interactive 2.2″ monochrome touchscreen
- Ink replacement services with home delivery for the first 2 months of purchase
- Input capacity of 100 sheets and an output capacity of 25 sheets
- Printing speed of up to 10 ppm for monochrome prints and 7 ppm for colored prints
- Supports the HP printing app called HP Smart App
- Supports 2-sided auto-printing
- Supports a wide range of paper sizes, such as legal, 4×6″, 5×7″ and 8×10″
- Comes with a hardware warranty of one year with free of cost web support services
- Weight: 11.93 lbs.
- Eligible with HP Instant Ink, which reduces running cost
- It is light in weight, i.e., 12 lbs. only
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity
- Compact design and very durable
- Running cost extremely high when not using instant ink
- Does not support SD card or USB
- Responsiveness issues detected in touchscreen
HP Envy is an almost perfect printer that allows you to print, scan, and copy documents and pictures, especially for the price they are offering. It doesn’t offer multiple connectivity options such as SD card and USB; however, they are not deal-breakers. Overall, it is a user-friendly, cost-effective printer that can easily fulfill your needs and can be worthy of spending such an amount.
What to Look for When Choosing a Sticker Printer?
Following are some important parameters that should be considered while selecting the best sticker printer.
There are two points to consider from the cost perspective, i.e., initial cost and operational cost. As a general rule of thumb, sticker printers with a high initial cost usually offer a lower cost per print.
This is a critical factor when a large volume of stickers needs to be printed in a limited time, usually the case with big businesses. However, if printing is to be done occasionally at a small level, this factor is not important enough to pay extra cost.
The print and color representation quality should be given the highest consideration when choosing a printer for sticker printing. As poor quality and blurred labels will more likely be the thing you would not want. Therefore, go for the printer which offers the highest resolution, especially if you are willing to print large-sized labels.
As there are many choices available when buying a sticker printer, it is very important to clearly understand each product’s salient features, advantages, and limitations. Comparing the above discussed five best sticker printers, the ideal choice to support both small-scale and large-scale usage is the Epson Expression XP-7100. It offers a wide range of features at a pretty nominal initial and operational cost. The printing resolution is also excellent, so the quality of your stickers will never be compromised. It is also equipped with auto-feeder and auto-duplexing technologies and possesses a decent print yield per minute.
With such a comprehensive review, we are sure you can make your decision wisely regarding which printer suits your need. Since a variety of printers are available in the market, one has to decide your priorities and what features you are looking for. We have tried to make your job easier by giving details of all the key features, advantages, and disadvantages. We hope we have made your decision-making process easier and less troublesome.
Leave a Reply