Table of Contents
- Reviewing the Best Gaming Headphones Under $100
- Beyerdynamic DT 240 Pro – Professional studio headphones with finely tuned sound
- Mpow H10 – Affordable and versatile headphone with noise cancelling features
- Jaybird Tarah – Wireless, water-resistant headphones that make it particularly suitable for fitness workout sessions
- Anker Soundcore Vortex – Budget-friendly with consistent performance
- Skullcandy Grind – Durable and comfortable on-ears wireless headphones
- Monoprice BT-400 Bluetooth Over Ear Headphone – Digital headphones with wireless technology and hi-fi sounds
- Plantronics BackBeat FIT 500 – Sweat-proof and water resistant making it ideal for workout sessions
- What Should You Know Before Purchasing Gaming Headphones Under $100?
- Final Words
While more and more people are beginning to use gaming headsets, headphones are still preferred for their affordable prices, sound quality and comfort. A stylish, comfortable headphone with decent sound for a price that matches is a good quality gaming headphone.
The market has countless products that fit into this description making it a chore to find the perfect one for you. This guide tries to make that easier as it has all you need to know about the best gaming headphone products.
All these products are less than $100 and great value for money.
Reviewing the Best Gaming Headphones Under $100
Beyerdynamic DT 240 Pro – Professional studio headphones with finely tuned sound
Beyerdynamic is a good sound quality headphone that comes in rather cheap.
- Powerful transducers that make this product compatible with many devices
- Minimal sound leakage and outside noise cancellation
- Light weight with a sturdy design
- Product measures 8.5 x 7.9 x 2 inches
Beyerdynamic DT 240 Pro is a commendable product for its quality features. DT 240 has a powerful sound quality that particularly makes it a favorite among creative professionals like music producers and podcasters. The voice quality is specifically good enough for talking over a podcast session. Its minimal sound leakage and noise cancellation features further make DT 240 a good buy.
While it is below $100, it is made of durable materials. The headband for example, is made of steel that is not easily scratched. The reinforced cable also makes this product all the more long lasting.
Finally, as to its comfort, it has light and super soft ear pads. However, they are not entirely comfortable for long gaming/studio sessions.
- Lightweight and soft around the ears
- Durable because of steel headband and reinforced cable
- Immersive as they cancel outside noises
- Compatible with many devices
- Headband might be a bit tight for larger sized people
- Not entirely comfortable for users who wear glasses
While Beyerdynamic DT 240 Pro has a few quirks, it has other quality features that make it a good buy. For instance, its sound quality is quite ideal for content creators like filmmakers, podcasters and producers. Its noise canceling features and minimal sound leakage further makes it enticing to gamers.
Mpow H10 – Affordable and versatile headphone with noise cancelling features
Mpow H10 is one in a series of advanced quality gaming headphones.
- Wireless but has the option of having a wired connection
- Blocks outside noises
- Long lasting battery allows up to 30 hours playtime
- Adjustable headband and ear cups that can rotate 90˚
- Measures 5.3 x 3.1 x 6.8 inches
Mpow H10 wireless headphone is good value for money as it gives you features that are at par with high-end headphones. For instance, it has good noise cancelling qualities that leave you immersed in your game or music play. Mpow H10 is particularly a good fit for users who are looking for complete privacy.
Being light weight and comfortable, they can also be worn for lengthy periods of time without discomfort. It is also highly powered with a long lasting battery that can last you many hours if the standby power mode is engaged.
- Noise isolation headphones
- Long lasting battery between charges
- Sound quality might not be too good for high notes
- One can experience sound leakage if you crank up the volume
While Mpow H10 is affordable, it still has a few downfalls. For instance, it does not have that soft, premium feel like products in its range. However, It is still good value for money given its formidable qualities like the long lasting battery.
Jaybird Tarah – Wireless, water-resistant headphones that make it particularly suitable for fitness workout sessions
Jaybird Tarah is an in-ear, Bluetooth headphone designed using latest technology. It is particularly good for use during workouts due to its IPX7.
- 6 hours of battery life between charges
- Good sound quality with a customizable EQ
- Water-resistant and sweat proof for sports specifically
- Silicone ear-gels that are soft for a sporty fit
- Compatible with iPhones and Android smart phones
- Product dimensions are 20.78 x 0.52 x 0.93 inches
If you are looking for a gaming headphone that can easily double up as one for workout sessions and casual use, you will not go wrong with Jaybird Tarah. This headphone is a comfortable fit with an in-ear design such that it does not delve into the ear canal for added comfort.
It is sleek and compatible with smartphones. Jaybird Tarah also has exquisite water repellant qualities that make it a fit with fitness enthusiasts. It is sweat-proof enough to make them comfortable even when you have hit the gym hard.
- App allows you to tweak the sound to your preferences
- Bluetooth supported
- Can answer calls using the headphones
- Fast charging battery
- Does not have noise cancelling abilities
- It drains its battery a bit too fast for convenient use
Jaybird Tarah has many quality features like its customizing options and good sound quality. However, it has quite a number of cons including its low battery life. This can be a great inconvenience especially when you have not carried the charger with you. They are still comfortable and good enough for day to day use.
Anker Soundcore Vortex – Budget-friendly with consistent performance
Anker Vortex is an affordable product that has features that can compete with high-end headphones.
- 40mm drivers for rich and deep sound
- Package comes with a 3.5mm aux cable, travel case, guide book and micro USB cable
- Built in microphone
- Battery lasts up to 20 hours when headphones are used at 60% volume
- Product dimensions are 7.68 x 7.09 x 3 inches
This product has 40mm drivers that deliver professionally tuned sound. If using wireless mode, you can get up to 20 hours of playtime. The package comes with a welcome guide, micro USB cable, 3.5mm AUX cable and a welcome guide. For 18 months, you are also assured of customer service whenever you need it.
Its lightweight also adds to its good qualities as you can wear it comfortably. However, its ear pads can warm up after some time so periodic breaks might be needed.
- Easily foldable for convenient stowing away
- Professional, rich sound quality
- Light weight
- Long lasting battery for up to 20 hours of playtime
- Its synthetic leather and all-plastic design is not durable
- Ear cups can get a bit warm after long periods of use
Anker Soundcore Vortex is a good gaming headphone but it has a few downers. For example, it is made of plastic and it has synthetic leather that is not exactly durable. However, it still has other impressive specs that make it good value for money.
Skullcandy Grind – Durable and comfortable on-ears wireless headphones
With a closed back, Skullcandy Grind is a comfortable wireless headphone that can be wired if need be.
- Sturdy, durable metal frame
- Plush, padded ear pads for added comfort
- Versatile as they can either be used wired or wireless on PCs, consoles and smart phones
- Audio precision with powerful bass
- Product dimensions are 8.07 x 3.74 x 9.65 inches
Besides its decent sound quality, Skullcandy Grind is known for its comfort. Its metal frame is well-padded to make it a good, comfortable fit for a wide range of users. It is also widely compatible with many devices. You can use Skullcandy Grind on your phone, console and personal computer.
Nonetheless, Skullcandy Grind has a few wanting features. For example, it does not have customizable options for the user. They are also not easily foldable for convenient portability,
- Super comfortable and light weight
- Long lasting battery of up to 15 hours
- Allows you to pick calls easily with TapTech
- Ideal for city commuters
- Does not have noise cancellation features
While Skullcandy Grind has a few faults, it is easily a good buy because of its audio quality that is almost at par with high-end headphones.
Monoprice BT-400 Bluetooth Over Ear Headphone – Digital headphones with wireless technology and hi-fi sounds
Monoprice BT-400 is an affordable headphone that comes with features matching high-end headphones.
- Bluetooth powered with apt-X that gives it premium sound quality
- Battery lasts up to 14 hours between charges
- Durable as it is made of aluminum
- Adjustable headband and foldable design
- Product measures 12.8 x 14.3 x 3.4 inches
- ANR circuit powered by an AAA battery can last for many hours between charges
- Frequency response of 20Hz-20,000Hz
Monoprice has many quality features. For example, its Bluetooth connectivity (version 4.1) is strong enough to allow for uninterrupted listening even when you move 32 feet away from the Bluetooth device.
It is also has a stylish design and plush ear pads. These ear-pads are made of soft protein-leather to allow for comfortable use for hours at a time. Its on-ear design also sits well with all kinds of users.
Finally, Monoprice is easy to use. For instance, it has control buttons on the ear piece that allow you to adjust the volume or skip through tracks with ease. They can also be used to answer phone calls and you are assured of clear communication because it has a built-in microphone designed to do exactly that.
- Can be easily folded and stowed away
- Comfortable because of its soft, cushioned ear cups
- Cables and adapters are available to make it compatible with many devices
- Isolates you from outside, distracting noises
- Not built to withstand harsh abuse as they are primarily made of plastic
To block out the world and be immersed in your gaming, a product like Monoprice with noise cancelation features is a good buy. These headphones are designed with latest headphone technology to make them stand out. While they have a few downsides, it is still a good buy in the long haul if used well. They are also quite comfortable to wear and come in a sleek, black design and nice packaging.
Plantronics BackBeat FIT 500 – Sweat-proof and water resistant making it ideal for workout sessions
Plantronics BackBeat FIT 500 wireless is a nano-coating product that is water-repellant and sweat-proof. This makes this pair of headphones particularly fit for sporting.
- 40mm drivers that give it rich and price sound
- Long lasting battery lasts up to 18 hours between charges
- Light weight yet has a tough build
- Bluetooth connectivity range of up to 10 meters
- Product measures 8 x 8 x 2 inches
Plantronics BackBeat Fit 500 that comes in black is an upgrade and improvement of the BackBeat 500. For instance, it has unmatched P2i water-resistant features. It is also easy and lightweight. The memory foam ear cups and headbands are also quite comfortable. However, after a few hours a brief break might be needed to ease pressure around the ears.
Other notable features of this product are its long lasting battery and that it is wideband enabled. It also comes with a 3.5mm cable in case one wants to have a wired connection.
- Can be used to answer calls or talk to Siri as it is wideband enabled
- Delivers quality, rich sound
- Water-repellant making it ideal for use during workout sessions
- Uses modern tech and has Bluetooth connectivity
- Not exactly durable
- If connected to a phone, it sometimes it disconnects itself making it unreliable
Plantronics BackBeat 500 Fit has a few downsides. For example, it only supports SBC Codec which is not exactly known for premium audio quality. The headband is also not adjustable to fit one’s head. However, there a few perks that make this product worth every dime. Most specifically, its sweat-proof and water-repellant features make it the perfect buy if you are looking for working out headphones.
What Should You Know Before Purchasing Gaming Headphones Under $100?
Types of Gaming Headphones
Headphones can be categorized according to their purpose, use and functionality. For instance, there are on-ear and over-ear headphones. On-ear headphones settle on your ears while over-ear sit around your ears. Undoubtedly, over-ear headphones are more comfortable particularly for gamers who wear glasses.
Other categories include wired and wireless headphones as well as open-back and closed-back headphones. Before purchasing any of the gaming headphones above, you ought to figure out first which type of headphone works for you.
Nowadays, gaming headphones are fitted with bright neon colors that make them look all the more attractive. If you are looking for LED lights to add to your gaming experience, you should consider headphones that are advanced with such features.
Before settling on one gaming headphone, you should consider whether it will work well across board with all your devices. The best buy is a headphone is that is versatile and compatible to be used on everything. A gaming headphone that also has decent music play is an added bonus.
Along with the headbands, ear cups that are made of comfy material ought to be considered. Good quality headphones are those that use memory foam as it is cool, soft and does not feel as sweaty as other materials. While the products stated in this guide are below $100, this is not to the sacrifice of quality and comfort.
While most headphones usually come with pre-set features, you ought to consider those that allow you to customize it. The Jaybird Tarah, for instance, has a companion app that allows you to tweak and play around with the sound until you find what suits you.
Some products are made of plastic. However, for added durability a steel or wire frame is ideal. The headband also ought to be made of soft enough material for comfort and lightness in all metal headphones.
Finding the perfect gaming headphones can be quite a daunting task as there are countless, good quality products. To make your shopping process easier, this guide has specifically highlighted some of the best gaming headphones that are under $100. While they are relatively cheap, you can be assured of good quality products that are almost at par with high-end headphones.
While $100 is relatively cheap and affordable, the product stated above are good value for money with features that are at par with high end headphones. All these products have good ratings because of their good quality as well as the fact that they are pocket friendly and durable.
Indeed, you do not need to spend a fortune to get a decent sounding headphone. As this guide has illustrated, there are many quality gaming headphones that are under $100.
Leave a Reply