Table of Contents
- Why Use a Water Cooling System for a Gaming PC?
- Advantages of a Water-Cooled Gaming PC Set-up?
- Can All PC Cases Be Compatible With a Water Cooling System?
- The Picks: 10 Best Cases for Water Cooling
- Thermaltake View 71 Gaming Full Tower Computer Case
- Corsair Obsidian Series 1000D
- MUSETEX Phantom Black ATX Mid-Tower Desktop
- Rosewill ATX Mid Tower Gaming PC Computer Case
- Anidees AI Crystal XL RGB V3
- Thermaltake Tower 900
- MSI – MAG Forge 100R - Mid-Tower PC Gaming Case
- Corsair Obsidian Series 500D Premium Case
- NZXT H510 Elite – Mid-Tower ATX Case PC Gaming Case
- Fractal Design Define R5 – Mid Tower Computer Case
- What To Look for When Choosing PC Cases for Water Cooling
- Final Words
Are you a gamer? And your constantly heated up PC is hindering your game-play? In that case, we are here to rescue you. The solution to your problem is liquid cooling cases. Even if you are not a gamer, but your job demands full-time access to your PC, you can add a liquid cooler to your system. This addition will not only boost the performance of your PC by maintaining low temperature but can also be delightful and classic visually.
The latest cases come in with vibrant RGB lights and tempered glass panels that make your case look beautiful and highlight your build as well. But as aesthetic and amusing it may sound, it can be very heavy on your pocket. If you conduct thorough research and have all the guidelines to buy a PC case, the investment is worth it, and it is only a one-time expenditure as the cases are easy to maintain and clean.
Many companies are selling out liquid-cooling PCs, and it can be very confusing to choose the best one out of all. Here, we have some PC case suggestions for you and some very knowledgeable parameters to look at before you get drawn towards any random case.
Why Use a Water Cooling System for a Gaming PC?
While choosing between liquid and air cooling cases, you may want to know why liquid cooling is ideal. Liquid cooling uses water that evaporates and provides greater thermal conductivity than air. Believe it or not, water can absorb 30 times more heat than air. Overall, liquid cooling helps your computer function at low temperatures, whereas air cooling fans only brush away extra heat when your computer heats up.
Advantages of a Water-Cooled Gaming PC Set-up?
When it comes to water-cooled cases, gamers are the first people who pop up in our minds. Having said that, we understand how frustrating it is to quit your favorite game because of your system heating up. Well, that is why you need a liquid-cooling case. It allows you to work at low temperatures and takes up less space than typical air cooling fans. Liquid cooling specifically targets CPU and GPU units that heat up quite quickly.
Can All PC Cases Be Compatible With a Water Cooling System?
When buying a liquid cooling case for your PC, you need to have a few things in check. First of all, make sure your liquid cooling case supports your motherboard. Usually, cases can support Mini-ITX, Micro VAX, ATX, E-ATX types of motherboards. You also have to check your graphic card length, CPU cooler height, and radiator size.
The Picks: 10 Best Cases for Water Cooling
Thermaltake View 71 Gaming Full Tower Computer Case
Thermaltake View 71 enables an unlimited gaming experience. It has a high-class four-sided 5mm thick tempered glass encase. The top and front panels and two swing door-style left and right glass panels protect and show all the components. It consists of three RGB LED lighting 140mm cooling fans that spread out the incoming air effectively.
This computer case has floating brackets that allow the GPU’s easy mounting in the vertical direction and resolves GPU SAG problems. It efficiently supports Mini-ITX, Micro ATX, ATX, and E-ATX motherboards. Additionally, it comes with double 3.0 USB ports, two 2.0 USB ports, and one audio port. It has dismountable modular designs that enable you to build up your PC according to your preferences.
- High-quality, thick 5mm four-sided tempered glass protective case
- Contains top and front panels with two side stylish swing door panels
- Provides vertical and horizontal mounting of GPU
- 140mm RGB ring lighting cooling fans
- Comes with up-to ten HDD racks
- Can accommodate Mini-ITX, Micro ATX, ATX, and E-ATX motherboards
- Contain two 3.0 USB ports, two 2.0 USB ports, and one audio port
- Easy build up dismountable modular design
- Vertical GPU mounting prevents sagging
- Dismountable modular design enables free build up for the user
- Tempered glass provides a clear inner view
- Can support maximum HDD brackets
- Tempered glass is prone to breakage and scratches
- Fans may not have soundless functioning
A liquid cooling PC case is a great choice for its price. The Thermaltake View 71 has all the main features needed to upgrade your gaming systems to the next level, especially the RGB lights and swing door addition.
Corsair Obsidian Series 1000D
Corsair Obsidian Series 1000D Super is a classic addition to your system; its effortless design with four-sided smoked tempered glass panels renders style and protection. The RGB lighting on the panel gives it a remarkable view. It can simultaneously support two motherboards (E-ATX and Mini-ITX) and allow you to operate two systems simultaneously. Moreover, it has a rotatable GPU bracket that enables vertical GPU mounting.
It can accommodate up to 13 fans and four 480mm radiators for efficient cooling. Its telescopic mounting trays help you to mount fans and radiators effortlessly. Furthermore, it allows for huge storage, supporting five 3.5-inch hard disk drives and six 2.5-inch solid-state disks. The front panel consists of two type-C 3.1 USB ports and one 3.0 USB port. It has three compartments an E-ATX motherboard and Mini-ITX motherboard tray, and a PSU cover. The built-in Corsair controllers allow multiple customization options via Corsair iCUE Software.
- Consists of four-sided sleek smoked tempered glass panels
- Simultaneously supports two motherboards E-ATX and Mini-ITX
- Can accommodate up to 13 fans and support four 480mm radiators
- The front panel consists of two type-C 3.1 USB ports and one 3.0 USB port
- A rotatable GPU bracket enables vertical GPU mounting
- Radiator mounting trays allow tool-less installation of fans
- Contains maximum storage space for five 3.5-inch HDDs and six 2.5-inch SSDs
- Built-in Corsair controllers allow customization via Corsair iCUE Software
- Can support E-ATX and Mini-ITX motherboards concurrently allow multiple streaming options
- Rotatable GPU allows vertical mounting prevents GPU SAG
- Maximum space for five HDDs and six SSDs
- RGB controlling software allows variable customization options
- 13 fans and four radiators accommodation provide an excellent cooling mechanism
- Greater number of fans may produce a lot of noise
The Corsair Obsidian Series 1000D actually offers more than its price. It can be your choice if you want to stream and play simultaneously as it can accommodate two motherboards at a time.
MUSETEX Phantom Black ATX Mid-Tower Desktop
MUSETEX Phantom Black ATX Mid-Tower contains two-sided 2.5mm thick tempered glass panels that show all the inner compartments and provide ultimate protection. It consists of six RGB LED 120mm double ring lighting fans that add style and also allow even spreading of incoming air. The 360mm liquid cooling radiator enables an efficient cooling mechanism.
It contains two dust filters at the top and bottom that only allow purified air to enter the case. It supports E-ATX, ATX, Micro-ATX, and Mini-ITX motherboards and also supports 3.5-inch hard disk drives and three 2.5-inch solid-state drives. The front panel has 1 USB 3.0 port, 2 USB 2.0 ports, one audio port, and an RGB lighting button.
- Consists of two-sided 2.5mm thick tempered glass panels
- Can easily accommodate E-ATX, ATX, Micro-ATX, and Mini-ITX motherboards
- Has maximum storage for three 3.5-inch hard disk drives and three 2.5-inch solid-state drives
- Has six 120mm RGB LED double ring lighting fans installed and 360mm liquid radiator
- Contains dust filters on top and bottom to prevent dust particles from entering
- Consists of 1 USB 3.0 port, 2 USB 2.0 ports, one audio port, and an RGB lighting button
- Tempered glass panels provide a clear view of inner components
- It supports E-ATX, ATX, Micro-ATX, and Mini-ITX motherboards
- Dust filters efficiently purify the incoming air
- Six 120mm fans and 360mm radiator provides effective cooling
- Provides maximum storage for three 3.5-inch hard disk drives and three 2.5-inch solid-state drives
- Does not have a separate GPU bracket that may cause GPU SAG
- 2.5mm is not thick enough to provide excessive protection
The MUSETEX Phantom Black is the best for its price. You should immediately choose this one if you are on a budget and also want classic RGB lightings.
Rosewill ATX Mid Tower Gaming PC Computer Case
Rosewill ATX Mid Tower Gaming PC Computer Case consists of sleek, matte, black angular style front panel with tempered glass side panels that allow steel, opaque exterior, and a clear showcase of interior components as well. It comes in with a vertically mountable 240mm radiator. You can also add a 360mm bottom liquid cooler or a 160mm cooler as well. A pre-installed fan streams air towards the top to PSU, maintaining the GPU and motherboard at low temperatures.
HDD and SSD are installed inside the PSU, creating extra room for airflow and allowing effective cable manageability. It consists of a GPU bracket that prevents GPU SAG. It contains an I/O panel on the top and supports two 3.0 USB ports and an HD audio port.
- Comes in with a sleek black angular style front panel with two tempered glass side panels
- Solid-state disk and hard disk drive are located in the PSU to allow more space for airflow
- Vertically mounted 240mm radiator and optional 360mm bottom liquid cooler and 160mm radiator can be added
- Contains GPU bracket that prevents GPU sagging
- PSU on the top for easy cable management
- I/O on top allows two 3.0 USB ports and an HD audio port
- Front, metallic angular panel provides classic exterior
- SSD and HDD installation inside PSU makes more space
- Fans draw air to the top to cool down GPU and motherboards
- Safe GPU bracket prevents sagging
- Additional liquid coolers can be added to increase efficiency
- No RGB lighting to add visibility
- Contains only one built-in radiator
- No dust filters for fans
The Rosewill ATX Mid Tower Gaming PC Computer Case might not be appealing to every person, but if you admire minimalistic and classic looks, you’ll like it. It offers the best angular metallic front panel that adds style to it.
Anidees AI Crystal XL RGB V3
Anidees AI Crystal XL RGB V3 consists of three-sided 5mm thick tempered glass panels that provide visibility of the interior components. It can efficiently support HPTX, XL-ATX E-ATX, ATX, m-ATX, Mini-ITX motherboards. Moreover, it comes in with a total of nine 120mm, RGB LED lighting fans that allow an even flow of air. It contains removable PSU shrouds and datable hard disk drive cages that create more room for air circulation.
The removable top and bottom dust filters ensure cleanliness. It can accommodate up to a maximum of 480mm radiator, 530mm graphic cards, and 190mm cooler. The I/O panel includes two 3.0 USB ports, two 2.0 USB ports, and one audio port. The fan speed and RGB lights can be easily controlled by a remote or ASUS Aura Sync, MSI Mystic Light Sync (J-Rainbow), and GIGABYTE RGB Fusion. It allows you to customize your system fully.
- Three-sided tempered glass panels make the interior visible
- Can accommodate HPTX, XL-ATX, E-ATX, ATX, m-ATX, Mini-ITX motherboards
- Contains nine fans, four RGB lighting fans on the front and one at the back
- Dust filters on the top and bottom
- Can support 530mm graphic card and 190mm CPU cooler
- Fan speed and LED lights can be controlled by a remote or by ASUS Aura Sync and MSI Mystic Light Sync
- Can accommodate 480mm radiator
- Removable HDD and PSU makes more room for cooling
- RGB LED lights are remote control can be easily modified
- Top and bottom dust removers ensure maintenance
- Can accommodate 480mm radiator and 190mm cooler for effective cooling
- 5mm thick tempered glass sides provide visibility of the interior
- No filters for the fans
The Anidees AI Crystal XL RGB V3 is a budget-friendly option for you. It comes in with remote control RGB lights that can offer a great customizing option. Go ahead; if you want to add reality to imaginative ideas.
Thermaltake Tower 900
Thermaltake Tower 900 features high-quality three-sided tempered glass panels and a top plastic body that provides protection and visibility of the inner components at the same time. It can effectively support Mini-ITX, Micro VAX, ATX, and E-ATX motherboards. It supports two 560mm cooling radiators for an efficient cooling mechanism. 260mm CPU coolers can also support this.
It comes in with four 120mm and four 140mm fans that can circulate air evenly. It features vertical mounting of the GPU to address GPU SAG issues. Its removable drive racks allow maximum room for ventilation. Its dismountable modular design enables users to construct their systems freely. The front I/O panel supports four 3.0 USB ports and one audio port.
- High-quality 5mm tempered glass panels show all the inner components
- Can efficiently support Mini-ITX, Micro VAX, ATX, and E-ATX motherboards
- It features vertical mounting of the GPU to prevent sagging
- Dismountable modular design that enables the user to build up the system according to his preferences
- It can support up to double 560mm liquid cooling radiators and 260mm CPU coolers
- The front I/O panel supports four 3.0 USB ports and one audio port
- It supports four 120mm and four 140mm fans
- Accommodation for dual cooling 560mm radiators
- Vertical GPU mounting prevents GPU sagging
- Removable disc drive creates room for airflow
- DMD design allows free build up
- Three-sided tempered glass adds visual access to the interior
- Fans do not have filters
The Thermaltake Tower 900 can be too much on your pocket, but it is definitely worth it if you plan a one-time expenditure. It has almost all the features that can level up your system’s game.
MSI – MAG Forge 100R - Mid-Tower PC Gaming Case
MAG Forge 100R can support up to ATX motherboards. It is very easy to build up and provides hassle-free installation procedures. The shaded light grey 4mm tempered glass side panels concurrently display the alluring RGB lighting and also showcases the inner components.
MAG Forge 100R offers an effortless build-up, and tempered glass can be conveniently installed and removed. The classic RGB lighting also supports MSI Mystic Lights that make your set-up more customizable according to your preferences.
- Contains double 120mm fans on the front to provide effective airflow
- Consists of grey 4mm tempered glass side panels
- RGB light display to showcase inner components
- Supports MSI Mystic Lights to control variable customization
- Supports ATX motherboards
- Contains double 120mm fans on the front to provide effective airflow
- Supports MSI Mystic Lights to control variable customization
- RGB light display to showcase inner components
- No dust filters
The MSI – MAG Forge 100R is a very good option for those who are budget restricted. It has almost all the features of a high-priced case – the RGB lights customization and excellent looks. It offers more than its price suggests.
Corsair Obsidian Series 500D Premium Case features an extraordinary sleek design with a high-quality, smoked, tempered glass panel. The aluminum finish on the front and top panel add an iconic class to it. It is efficiently built on direct airflow path technology. Additionally, it also has extra room for liquid-based 360mm radiators on the front and 240 or 260mm radiator accommodation on the top.
It contains 3.5-inch HDD and 2.5-inch SSD cages. The front I/O panel has two 3.1 USB ports and one audio port. PSU cover and cable cover offer effortless manageability and keep your cables hidden at the rear end. The removable dust filters allow for easy maintenance.
- Features high-quality smoked tempered glass with aluminum cut on edges
- Can accommodate up to five 120mm fans and four 140mm fans
- Contains removable trays that allow tool-less mounting of radiator and fans
- Comes in with a 3.5-inch hard disk drive and 2.5-inch solid-state drive cages
- Built on Direct Airflow Path Technology
- Creates space for 380mm radiator on the front and 280 or 240mm radiator on top
- I/O panel has two 3.1 USB port and one audio port
- Removable dust filters are also added
- Smoked tempered glass look adds extra style
- Aluminum top and front adds finishing and durability
- Removable trays render easy mounting of fans
- Space for 360mm, 260mm, and 240mm cooling mechanisms
- Built on advanced direct airflow path technology
- Removable dust filters are easy to clean
- No GPU bracket that may cause sagging
The Corsair Obsidian Series 500D can only be your choice if you are a fan of minimalistic looks and classic designs. It definitely offers more than its price suggests.
NZXT H510 Elite – Mid-Tower ATX Case PC Gaming Case
NZXT H510 Elite features seamless classic tempered glass panels prone to scratches and clearly showcase your interior build. It comes in with two built-in hue RGB channels and three 200mm and 140mm fans that evenly spread out the incoming air. NZXT CAM can control RGB lights for variable customization.
The smart I/O panel features a Type-C USB port. It supports Mini-ITX, Micro ATX, and ATX. It has special cabling routing kits with built-in channels that allow effortless cable manageability. The vertical GPU mounting prevents GPU SAG.
- Seamless, classic tempered glass panels to showcase your interior
- Special cabling routing kits for easy cable management
- It features three 200mm and one 140mm fan for effective cooling
- Contains two built-in hue RGB lighting channels
- NZXT CAM widens customization options can change RGB lighting
- I/O panel features Type-C USB port
- Allows vertical mounting of GPU
- Supports Mini-ITX, Micro ATX, and ATX
- Special cable routing kit renders easy management
- NZXT CAM controlled RGB lights provide variable customization
- Vertical GPU mounting prevents sagging
- 200mm and one 140mm fans allow effective ventilation
- Does not have dust filters
The NZXT H510 Elite is indeed for the choosy buyers who want minimal RGB lights with sophistication. It is the one!
Fractal Design Define R5 – Mid Tower Computer Case
Fractal Design Define R5 is specifically made for the soundless functioning of the system. It is made with high-quality material that effectively absorbs sound waves and enables unhindered ventilation too. It can fit a 420mm radiator at the top and a 360mm radiator on the front.
SSD mountings are situated behind the motherboard that also allows tool-less insertion. It can house approximately eight hard disk drives with variable layouts; the HDD cages are removable. The left panel is built on Quick Release System style that allows quick access to the interior components. It consists of three front panel controllers that support three fans.
- Ideally designed for soundless functioning, made with sound-absorbing material
- Can accommodate 420mm radiator on top and 360mm on the front
- Two SSD mounting brackets that allow tool-less insertion
- Comes with two HDD delocalized brackets of 3.5 and 2.5 inches
- Left panel is built on Quick Release System style that allows quick access to the interior
- 140mm fan allows effective airflow, and three fans can be added to the front panel
- Enables soundless functioning of the system
- Made from sturdy, sound-absorbing material that adds durability
- HDD cases allows various layouts and are removable
- 420mm radiator at top and 360mm radiator on the front allow effective cooling
- SSD mounting has a tool-free insertion
- Exterior is not made from glass that does not allow a full showcase of interior
- Does not have GPU brackets to prevent GPU SAG
The Fractal Design Define R5 is made for those who want silent PC cases in all aspects. It offers noiseless functioning of the system.
What To Look for When Choosing PC Cases for Water Cooling
When you are searching for the best liquid cooling cases, it is obvious you do not want to compromise at all. For that reason, you have to keep a few things in your mind when buying a new case. This will help guide you through your journey.
Size of the Case
When buying a liquid cooling case, you usually have two options to choose from, the Full-Tower case or Mid-Tower case. The size of the case you opt for entirely depends upon your motherboard type. If you have E-ATX or Micro ATX motherboards, you can go for mid-tower cases; they have sufficient space for CPU coolers, graphic cards, and SSD and HDD accommodation.
On the other hand, if you have an E-ATX motherboard, you will need a full-tower case to house your water-cooling system, radiators, and fans. It will still have space for 2 to 3 graphic cards and multiple SSD and HDD cages.
Make sure to also check out our article on the smallest ATX cases.
Graphic Card Length
Without graphic cards, computers are almost nothing for gamers. Before you regret buying a case that does not support your graphic card, measure its length. Ensure you check the specifications of your case beforehand and get the one that fits your graphic card.
This is becoming another noticeable feature these days. Who does not want to hide those cables and have a tidy appearance? Many cases have spots for hiding cables, and some latest ones also have special cable routing kits.
No one wants to fidget with a screwdriver for unscrewing the tiniest nut-bolts. For the same reason, many cases are now coming up with tool-free mounting of GPU and other units. This additional feature should be kept in mind when you are setting up your system on your own.
It is an additional feature for some users while a necessity for others. RGB lighting adds more vibrancy to your system, especially when it is customizable. Many cases now have remote control customization by software like Mystic Lights. You don’t have to worry if you don’t like RGB lighting; some cases don’t have it. This feature makes your cooling system look cool!
You will definitely need output or input connections to transfer your data. For that reason, you need to make sure your front panel has USB and audio ports. Usually, cases come in with multiple 3.0 and 3.1 USB ports and a single audio port.
A four-sided paneled case has unbeatable visual aesthetics. A glass panel does not only protect your system but also clearly showcases your inner components. It needs great care, as a single scratch on your glass can ruin your classic look. The glowing RGB lights add more ambiance to your set-up. Having glass panels can force you to have a tidy look and well-organized cables because everything is transparent!
The following list has all the best cases you can find for your PC, and we hope that none of them will disappoint you.
Having so many great options, deciding the winner was difficult, but we have done it for you. The winning case is Thermaltake View 71 Gaming Full Tower. It has a great price for its amazing features. The tempered glass panels and swing door style are a classic addition. The RGB light fans add vibrancy. It can house up to ten HDDs, a large number of fans, and the three-way radiator view adds style to it. It is a treat for your gaming system.
The runner up of our list is Corsair Obsidian Series 1000D Super. It is a huge case in terms of size. What sets it apart is its ability to support two motherboards that you can stream and play together on simultaneously. Visually also, its smoked tempered glass and customizable RGB lights are a sight for sore eyes. Its massive space can house 13 fans and 4 radiators at a time; if that is not enough, it can accommodate 5 HDD and 4 SSDs.
Best for Price
For budget buyers, we have MUSETEX Phantom Black ATX Mid-Tower Desktop that offers more than its price. It has every feature from RGB lights customization to maximum spaces for up to six fans and a radiator. It has both performance and beauty.
We are almost done with our list and our recommendations. We hope that our list will enable you to compare some of the best cases in terms of performance, functionality, and price tag. Now, it is up to you to choose a case that fits the best to your preferences.
Leave a Reply