Table of Contents
- AnyCubic Photon
- Anycubic Photon S
- Anycubic Photon vs Photon S: Feature Comparison
- Final Words
A good quality printer at a reasonable price is an ultimate aim for almost all printer users. One such printer is Any-cubic. Any-cubic photon and Any-cubic Photon S are the most famous printers of all time. These printers have been the best at Windows Central due to their extraordinary features. Although these printers are incredibly similar, there are a few features that the company has improved in Any-cubic Photon S, which is an upgraded version of Any-cubic Photon. Read on to find the differences in detail:
The company released this printer first. It is still a perfect choice for many.
Any-cubic photon comes in dimensions of 400 mm length, 200 mm width, and 400mm height.
Its build volume is 116 mm x 55 mm x 165mm
Any-cubic photon is a printer of 450 nm resins.
Any-cubic photon weighs 9.5 kg.
Any-cubic photon prints through a 2k LCD screen.
Any-cubic photon is a black printer with blue components.
Any-cubic photon works at a speed of 10mm/h
- Any-cubic photon has a metallic exterior. Even most of the interior parts also have the same metallic material.
- A few parts have a blue anodized aluminum in them.
- The components are all extremely durable and tough.
- It contains anodized red knobs.
- It manages to produce models with exceptional details (goes down to 20microns).
- It contains an anti-aliasing function, which enables smoother prints.
- It comes with an automated professional support system.
Any-cubic released an upgraded version of Any-cubic Photon printer after customers wanted improvement in features.
Any-cubic Photon S comes in dimensions of 230mm length, 200mm width, and 400 mm height.
Its build volume is 115mm x 65mm x 400mm.
Any-cubic Photon S is a printer of 450 nm resins.
Any-cubic photon S weighs 5.9kg.
Any-cubic photon S prints through a 2k LCD screen.
Any-cubic photon S is a black printer with yellow components.
Any-cubic photon S works at a speed of 20mm/h.
- Any-cubic photon S has a plastic body that makes the machine light in weight.
- The printer contains an LED under the array making the printing faster.
- Any-cubic photon S offers simple offline USB connectivity.
- An updated touchscreen and interface make the printer easy and reliable to use.
- The printer comes entirely preassembled along with all the tools to function it.
- It manages to bring every detail of a picture, for instance, skin texture or a strand of hair.
- The printer comes with 3 double air filtration systems.
Anycubic Photon vs Photon S: Feature Comparison
|Specifications||Any-cubic Photon||Any-cubic Photon S|
|Layer Height||0.1mm – 0.2mm||0.1mm – 0.2mm|
|Z-Axis||Single wobbly rod||Dual linear rod|
|Build volume||116 x 55 x 165mm||116 x 55 x 165mm|
|Print speed||10 mm/h||20mm/h|
|Light source||UV LED||UV Matrix|
|Offline connectivity||USB only||USB only|
|Touch screen||Smaller, less responsive, and complicated interface||Bigger, responsive, and better interface|
|Features||Any-cubic Photon||Any-cubic Photon S|
|Dimensions||400mm, 200mm, 400mm||230mm, 200mm, 400 mm|
|Build volume||116mm, 55mm, 165mm||115mm, 65mm, 400mm|
|Print size||450 nm resins||450 nm resins|
|Screen||2k LCD screen||2k LCD screen|
|Color||Black with blue components||Black with yellow components|
Winner in Terms of Specs/Features
When comparing the two printers through their specifications or features, Any-cubic Photon S wins in all terms except that its plastic material is not durable. Any-cubic Photon has a metallic body that lasts longer. Any-cubic Photon S has a faster printing speed. Its upgraded touchscreen causes no issues and has a relatively stable Z-axis. Besides, the upgraded light source is also a better feature in Any-cubic Photon S. The reduced weight of Photon S also makes it a clear winner in terms of the specifications and features.
The Overall Winner
The winner depends on the user’s preference. For instance, if a user has not purchased a 3D printer yet, they should go for Any-cubic Photon S since it is an upgraded version with better specifications and features. However, suppose the user already has the Any-cubic Photon. In that case, it is not essential to upgrade to Any-cubic Photon S as it is very similar to Any-cubic Photon.
Any-cubic Photon is still better for the price it comes in as the Photon S does not have any significant changes in the software or resolution screen. Both the printers print pretty much the same quality. Hence unless you do not have extra money to burn, Any-cubic Photon is a better choice.
Longer Orange 10 Resin is a wonderful 3D printer in all terms. The printer comes preassembled and is easy to setup. This 3D printer uses 24 parallel LED lights to give the best quality print. It also has longer self-developed slicing software. The printer is a good return for your money. It also offers a colored touchscreen to make its operations easier. The best thing about this printer is that it comes with a year-long warranty.
- Designed to produce high-quality large prints.
- Contains a stable Z-axis that helps in enhancing the accuracy and efficiency of the prints.
- Manages to cool fast as it has a robust temperature control system to protect the device.
- Comes with a one-year warranty for the hardware and a lifelong warranty for technical help and support.
- Has a user-friendly mechanism.
Another excellent 3D printer that offers impressive print quality is the Mono-price Mini SLA printer. This printer has an outstanding Z-axis that prevents instability while using the printer. Moreover, it has a build surface system that manages to prevent any failed prints. It has two options for connectivity-Wi-Fi and a micro SD card. Moreover, the printer is of high quality and offers smooth prints all along. This printer is an all-in-one to get you unique prints.
- Screwed and stable z-axis, which ensures stability on the surface while printing.
- The printer contains a management system that enables the user to work with multiple profiles to customize print settings.
- It contains a built-in Wi-Fi and connectivity system.
- Regulates the build plate with a unique automatic system.
Any-cubic Mega S is the best alternative to the Photon series. This 3D printer is outstanding as it is user-friendly. This printer is easy to use and has accuracy in all the prints it produces. Moreover, it also manages to resume printing after a power outage or any other stoppage. Not only this, this printer produces prints with an excellent finish and coating. The printer comes with a lifetime support system and a 24-hour help service to ensure that the users face no difficulty using the product.
- It has a solid metal material that is easy to assemble (comes with 8 screws and 3 cables)
- It contains an automatic system to resume printing after a power outage or any such issue.
- It has a sensitive ultra-base, which helps detect the temperature of the device.
- Manages to connect through an SD card or data cable.
Any-cubic Photon and Any-cubic Photon S are both outstanding printers. They have been people’s favorites for a long time. Suppose you get stuck between the two printers. In that case, you must know that they are incredibly similar and have some differences that we stated above. That might help you decide which one is the best for you. However, Any-cubic Photon S has managed to make a place for itself. It is an improved version of Any-cubic Photon and has outstanding characteristics that Any-Cubic Photon lacked.