Table of Contents
- Anycubic Chiron Review: The Details
- How to Setup Your Anycubic Chiron 3D Printer?
- Alternatives for Anycubic Chiron 3D Printer
- Final Words
Creating 3D objects and models demand thorough attention and a big build plate. There is a huge variety of 3D printers available in the market. However, finding a 3D printer that serves its purpose well and is also cost-friendly is troublesome. To save you from the hassle, Anycubic came out with the Anycubic Chiron 3D printer. It is a printer that offers a big build volume and exceptional features at an affordable price. It completely responds to the expectations of the 3D printing enthusiasts who require huge-format 3D printing at a reasonable price with top-quality results.
Anycubic Chiron Review: The Details
Anycubic Chiron 3D Printer Specs
- Anycubic Chiron 3D printer offers a large print area of 400 x 400 x 450mm (15.7 x 15.7 x 17.7 inches).
- It has an ultrabase glass build plate that heats up quickly and allows you to work with various printing materials that include PLA, TPU, ABS, wood, and PETG. This 3D printer works using an FDM (Fused Deposition Modelling) technology, which allows you to print with various thermoplastic filaments.
- Anycubic Chiron offers a semi-automatic bed leveling that voluntarily espies 25 points and allows acclimatization of nozzle height to save you from the hassle.
- It has a single titan extruder capable of trouble-free printing with complicated filaments and provides high precision 3D prints. The maximum temperature of the extruder can reach up to 260 degrees Celsius/500 degrees Fahrenheit.
- It has a maximum printing speed of 100 mm/s, which lets you create high-quality models within a short amount of time.
- The build frame size of Anycubic Chiron is 651 x 612 x 720mm, big enough to create bigger models. It is compact, and you can easily keep it on your workbench. It weighs around 15kg that makes it easier to move without difficulty.
- It has a resume printing option that keeps your work safe and allows you to resume printing in case of a power outage.
- It has a filament out detector that alerts you about the filament shortage, which comes in handy to prevent lumpy models.
- It has a touchscreen display and an easy-to-understand UI (User Interface) that makes it easier for beginners to use it.
Anycubic Chiron Build Volume
The build or print volume is the size of the models your 3D printer can print. The Anycubic Chiron has a prodigious build volume of 400 x 400 x 450mm (15.7 x 15.7 x 17.7 inches) that allows you to print giant models with accuracy.
Anycubic Chiron Print Quality
Anycubic Chiron has an outstanding print quality with a print accuracy of 0.05 to 0.3mm. This 3D printer uses FDM technology, making it compatible with various printing filaments, including PLA, HIPS, wood, ABS, TPU, and other flexible materials. This printer’s printing speed is 50 to 100mm/s, which provides excellent print quality with high precision.
Anycubic Chiron Print Bed Size
The print bed size of Anycubic Chiron is large that allows the printing of sizable models. It has a 24V DC heated bed with its maximum temperature reaching up to 100 degrees Celsius.
The build bed has an ultrabase glass layer. A composite coating covers it, which improves the adherence if you heat it. It further makes it easier for you to remove your completed models smoothly without distorting them.
How to Setup Your Anycubic Chiron 3D Printer?
The setting up of the Anycubic Chiron 3D printer is an undemanding task even for beginners. When you purchase this printer, you get a plier, PLA filament, a print scraper, and a toolset to set up your printer. The package also includes an SD card, glove, tweezer, power cord, screws, USB cable, and an SD card reader, along with a user manual.
The user manual has a complete assembling process printed on it. The printer itself is not difficult to set up as it has an open building frame. Some videos available on YouTube show the setup process of the Anycubic Chiron 3D printer, for those finding it arduous.
Alternatives for Anycubic Chiron 3D Printer
Even though Anycubic Chiron is an exceptional printer, we provide a few alternatives for it to give you an idea.
Artillery Sidewinder X1 provides high-quality performance. It has a large build volume of 300 x 300 x 400mm that lets you print sizable models. It is ideal for dilettantes, neophytes, and professionals alike. It gives excellent print quality and accuracy. It has a direct extruder that allows you to print with a wide variety of printing materials.
It has a 3.5-inches touchscreen display and a user-friendly interface. It comes nicely packed and is fairly easy to assemble. It has a glass-ceramic print bed that quickly heats up to about 60 degrees Celsius in 45 seconds. The maximum temperature can reach up to 100 degrees Celsius in a minute or two. It has a filament diameter of 1.75mm that makes it compatible with several printing materials.
Artillery Sidewinder X1 has a heated build bed that provides better adherence. The ceramic-glass finish allows you to print with PLA filament without heat. The bed-leveling is easy due to its large leveling nubble. Due to the filament runout sensor, you can detect when the filament is about to end. It also offers the resume printing option, so your prints will stay safe if there is a power outage.
- It has a 300 x 300 x 400mm large build volume.
- It provides high-precision excellent quality prints.
- It is compatible with various filaments.
- The ceramic-glass bed is quick to heat up and provides better adhesion.
- It is easy to assemble and pocket friendly.
Although Creality CR-6 SE is a low-priced printer, it has several exceptional features to offer. With its decent build volume of 235 x 235 x 250mm, you can easily print sizable models and parts. It supports automatic print surface leveling to save you the struggle. When the print bed is perfectly leveled, it provides better adherence and enhances the quality of prints.
This printer has a carborundum glass build plate, similar to the ultrabase glass build plate of Anycubic Chiron. The glass build plate increases the quality of adherence and provides an even print surface. It allows you to detach your prints conveniently when cool. The glass build plate heats up quickly and prints at a low din level of about 30dB. The sound is low considering its high performance and vigorous 24V (volts) 350W (watts) MeanWell power supply.
It has a modular nozzle, and you can switch the heat sink, heat block, PTFE tube, and the nozzle tube with the extras given. It has a thermionic filament detector that alerts you when the filament is about to run out. You do not have to worry about losing your prints due to a power-outage because CR-6 SE has a print recovery option. This feature lets you recommence your print. It is quite easy to set up as the printer comes partially assembled.
- It gives outstanding print quality and high precision.
- It supports a carborundum glass build plate, which heats up fast.
- It has a thermionic filament runout sensor.
- This printer supports a range of printing materials.
- It has an automatic print surface leveling.
- It is cost-friendly.
Raise3D Pro2 Plus 3D printer is suitable for professionals and manufacturers. It is ideal for prototyping companies. It provides outstanding print quality. It has a big build volume of 305 x 305 x 605mm, so you can print fairly large models with ease. As it has a secure structure, the temperature remains well-balanced.
It offers an automatic print surface leveling by employing an optical bed sensor. It supports duplex extrusion. The print head is big and well-made. Raise3D Pro2 Plus is compatible with both basic filaments and complex filaments. It also allows you to print using pliable or coarse materials like carbon fiber, glass fiber, metal particles.
It is capable of dual printing that allows you to print in two different colors using soluble or easily breakable materials. It has a robust magnetic heated bed surface with the maximum temperature reaching up to 110 degrees Celsius. The build plate is detachable.
- It has a filament runout sensor.
- It has a camera, so you can observe your printing progress.
- It comes with a powerful magnetic heated bed.
- It supports automatic bed leveling.
- It has a print recovery option in case of a power outage.
To sum it up, each above-mentioned 3D printer is exceptional. However, the Anycubic Chiron 3D printer steals the show for us with its cost-friendly price and several remarkable features. It has a large build volume, a filament runout sensor, an ultrabase pro glass heated bed, and printing with various materials. Although it needs some improvements in bed leveling, overall, it offers high performance and first-rate print quality.